• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Johnny Manziel

JoshSmith

If you haven't heard of "Johnny Football" you have probably been living under a rock. Anyways, do you like the guy? Do you think his skills will translate to the NFL fine or will he be a bust?

Chris

Dreams are Endless
I love the guy, but I do think he's a tad overrated. I'm optimistic that he'll do well in the NFL, but I don't have that high of expectations. As for his behavior, I think he's fine. The whole media circus around him was exaggerated a good bit because he was so popular and it got good ratings. He could be a problem, but I doubt he'll get out of hand and it's his skills that will be his downfall (if there is one), not his attitude.

PHX

Legacy Member
I think he has superstar franchise player written all over him. He just has that "it" factor about him and has a great skill set for a league that is transitioning more into a scrambling playmaking QB league now with the success of guys like Kap and Russell Wilson. I think he'll be one of the players teams regret passing on if Houston doesn't draft them which imo they really should. Just makes too much sense with them needing a QB and needing a star player let alone one who is Texas bred like he is.

Deezy

DZ PZ
He throws long balls, cocky and white....that league will now down to him as soon as Brady and Manning hang up their pads.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
I think it mostly who drafts him and if he can learn the system. He was a product of Texas A&M's passin' scheme so I could easily see him flailin' and floppin' in the NFL under a terrible coach.

I love the guy, but I do think he's a tad overrated. I'm optimistic that he'll do well in the NFL, but I don't have that high of expectations. As for his behavior, I think he's fine. The whole media circus around him was exaggerated a good bit because he was so popular and it got good ratings. He could be a problem, but I doubt he'll get out of hand and it's his skills that will be his downfall (if there is one), not his attitude.
Going to have to agree with this entire post here. Although, I have high expectations for this guy. His only downfall will be durability, IMO. If he can continue to put on some lean muscle going into the pro's, he should be fine. His footwork in the pocket is outstanding but his pocket presence will vary with the defensive scheme because he will scramble. The only way I really see him failing is if he's not being able to run the offense under whatever head coach of the team he plays for. If that head coach tries to turn him into a "Pocket Passer", then we'll see JF's performance take a big hit. He can "make all the throws" when it comes down to it. He's going to be very good.

Last edited:

Slim

I think it depends on the definition of what being a "success" will be for him. Cause he has the skills. He has the look. he has the "it" factor. He has all of that and can lead. He can fire up a team and make the throws. He has the smarts.

But will he have the O-line? Will he have a running game behind him? Will he have receivers to catch what he throws? And the main thing though is durability. He is kind of small and will be taking some huge hits. But I think he could be a potential success.

EDemp

Even though he seemed very immature I think he is turning his character around.. I've seen some interviews and such and he seems to have gotten somewhat of a decent head on his shoulders.

That being said, I still think he needs to be in a good locker room with a head coach that isn't a pushover. I think the best fit in this draft would honestly be Houston

Slim

Watching First Take and listening to Mel Kiper Jr... I really just think he has something against Johnny Football. Like really. It's like he just doesn't want to see him get drafted early.

You can have a really really good defense... but if you don't have a QB that can throw those TDs, if you don't have an offense that can march down the field... you can't win. I'd always rank a QB ahead of a DE.