John Cena vs The Rock - A WrestleMania Trilogy?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
https://twitter.com/TheRock/status/410113290468331520

‏@TheRock
"Do something once.. it's an anomaly. Twice.. its a pattern. Three times.. it defines you" ~ Howie Long #DefineYourGreatness

We were talking in the raw thread about if DX got Beard and Best, Taker and. Brock got paired off, what does that leave Cena. Then I wake up to this tweet and Rock having a picture also on twitter of Cena hitting him with the AA. They broke records both years, got voted match of the year, and so there could be a tie break to coincide with a network launch.

I don't know if I want it, but with FF7 filming postponed it may actually be possible now. It seems outright plausible to ensure everything goes well for the companies interests.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I always said there would be a 3rd one down the line. I suppose I would be ok with it, but not for another few years, back to back to back is just way overkill.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I think getting Rock on board around this time would be huge for them as he's Hollywood. I know Hulk is huge and Austin if you can get him, much like HBK, HHH, Taker, Rey, and everyone including people like Trish and Lita being involved protects their interests with the network gamble. I know what happened to Walker made it more possible with his schedule now being opened up as he was supposed to be promoting Fast 7 globally ....

I'm just like you though, I don't think I want 3 in a row. I see every reason to do 3 in a row, but I would prefer a Rock if he's working to be in the authority angle representing Vince vs Triple H (first time since 02 and I wouldn't mind Punk v Cena at WM) or something because realistically he ain't fighting Brock. I would like that because lord know those two got jobbed out the damn wm16 match that should've been one on one without all the fuckery.

But I got to admit I never thought Rock would even tease a round 3 this soon, but maybe years from now.

Schmidty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio2
Favorite Wrestler
bige
Favorite Wrestler
sheamus2
Yeah I agree with Dale. It would be an overkill besides, if you can't book Cena against Taker then why not book him against a returing Sheamus. I know it seems odd but Sheamus is considered a top player in my eyes and a Cena/Sheamus WM match would do some justice for sure.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
For what its worth according to pwinsider

- Word from RAW is that the voting in last night's Slammy Awards was 100% legitimate. The winners were who the fans voted for on the WWE App.

- There were people in WWE pointing out that Daniel Bryan won the fan vote for Superstar of the Year but wasn't considered enough of an "attraction" by Vince McMahon to be given a run with the WWE Title. The voting for Superstar of the Year was extremely close.

That means they legit beat out the other matches in the eyes of the masses as it wasn't described as close like the superstar vote

Last edited:

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Felt the first one was a good match with an anti-climatic ending and the second one fell flat.

I just don't get that special feeling when I see Rock in the ring anymore. I'd be content with him retiring now, he's faced everyone there is to face.

As for Cena, it makes me pissy everytime Mania passes by without him vs Taker.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Oh god no. The first two matches were just so terrible. I'm not a fan of the Rock by any means, but if he wants to be involved in WrestleMania he can either not wrestle or wrestle someone besides Cena. The match sucked, the feud sucked, and every thing about it just sucked. Punk and Rock was much better, and for the time it was given even had a better feud with better promos. How about Rock and Orton? Bring back a little of the Legend Killer. Rock is one of the Legends that Orton was never able to stop. I think that would be a lot better than Cena and Rock for the third time.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Oh god no. The first two matches were just so terrible. I'm not a fan of the Rock by any means, but if he wants to be involved in WrestleMania he can either not wrestle or wrestle someone besides Cena. The match sucked, the feud sucked, and every thing about it just sucked. Punk and Rock was much better, and for the time it was given even had a better feud with better promos. How about Rock and Orton? Bring back a little of the Legend Killer. Rock is one of the Legends that Orton was never able to stop. I think that would be a lot better than Cena and Rock for the third time.

If people thought Cena killed Orton on the mic, Rock would decimate him and leave him worse than a Zack Ryder squash match. Oil n Water don't mix.

And if fans voted Cena/Rock2 as match of the year(which I didn't agree with, and my choice wasn't even on the ballot). Then the interest is there. Also, I lol'd at the smarks booing the Bellas, shows how much they actually do matter in the grand scheme of things.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I didn't want a 2nd one so don't want a 3rd one at all. Just don't think these two have enough chemistry together and the 2 matches were just really alright. It wouldn't surprise me if they did a 3rd one at all but really have no interest in it personally.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Even though I'm a big Rock fan... I just don't want to see Rock/Cena 3. If Rock is to wrestle at Mania... have it be anybody else other than Cena. They just don't mesh that well.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Don't care at all, personally. Not since their first match. At least that had this big, special, "once in a lifetime" hype around it no matter how it went. The 2nd encounter and build up proved that, while many people wanted to see it, Rock and Cena don't actually have much more to offer than what we saw the first time. It's especially disappointing since The Rock was on fire before that against Punk and proved he still DOES have it as long as some chemistry is there. Cena's not bad in the ring at all, the two just don't seem to click.

Unless I hear more about ideas for the angle I just can't get myself interested in a third match. If The Rock is keen for another Wrestlemania match win or lose I'm in favor, just not Cena again. Then again, I don't know who he should face honestly. If WWE has the balls for The Rock vs Undertaker, there may be juuust enough time to announce it for an ideal amount of build up.

That way, Rock can lose to Taker and the following year Cena gets an obsession to do what Rock could not and HOLYSHTDOTHIS!!!

Weez

Reaction score
Don't care at all, personally. Not since their first match. At least that had this big, special, "once in a lifetime" hype around it no matter how it went. The 2nd encounter and build up proved that, while many people wanted to see it, Rock and Cena don't actually have much more to offer than what we saw the first time. It's especially disappointing since The Rock was on fire before that against Punk and proved he still DOES have it as long as some chemistry is there. Cena's not bad in the ring at all, the two just don't seem to click.

Unless I hear more about ideas for the angle I just can't get myself interested in a third match. If The Rock is keen for another Wrestlemania match win or lose I'm in favor, just not Cena again. Then again, I don't know who he should face honestly. If WWE has the balls for The Rock vs Undertaker, there may be juuust enough time to announce it for an ideal amount of build up.

That way, Rock can lose to Taker and the following year Cena gets an obsession to do what Rock could not and HOLYSHTDOTHIS!!!

Damn, that's a REALLY good angle. You could even have Rock antagonizing Cena as he tries to "do what the rock couldn't" and maybe all that animosity leads to the Rock/Cena 3 at WM 32....

At Cowboys Stadium... which I'll be attending lol. Which, by then, wouldn't be as stale, and it would be like a 5 year storyline coming full circle.

I just don't see the WWE having the foresight to do it. That's a DAMN good idea.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
That is a great idea.

And I think WWE does do longterm booking. CM Punks reign? Rock/Cena having a 3 year storyline.

Just wonder if Rock would get rid of the excess bulk so he doesn't tear something because he is too jacked up.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler