• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

TheprofileofJericho

The Artiste
Reaction score
There are reports that WWE is unhappy with SD, mainly due to the half empty arenas for most shows. I still think Cena is facing Taker 100%, but they moved it to SD to spike up ratings and live attendances.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
There are reports that WWE is unhappy with SD, mainly due to the half empty arenas for most shows. I still think Cena is facing Taker 100%, but they moved it to SD to spike up ratings and live attendances.
Plus if the Cena/Taker build is on SmackDown...it won't
draw any focus away from the Plank of Wood feuding
with the Guy who couldn't care less.

Last edited:

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
I never say "I'll never take x seriously again" because to me that's a load of bs (Uh, Jinder won, the WWE Championship will never have prestige again. Uh, Roman won, I'll never watch him vs Brock. Uh, something I didn't like happened, I'll never do something we all know I'm going to do. Ect.) but if Taker does return, I really will never take retirements in WWE seriously again. This isn't Mark Henry pretending to retire, this is the number one WWE star possibly ever and Vince McMahon's personal favorite. They put in all the work for a great goodbye, put together great video packages, did great promos, ect. If they do all of that for a match with no steam whatsoever, just John Cena wanted some match and the Undertaker replied "Sure bro, I got you." then it's all for nothing. Match over, goodbye Undertaker, wait, no, he'll be back for WM 35. Then, WM 36. Why not WM 37 after, let's make him the new Terry Funk. I get it, rumors have been circulating, Cena called him out, fans want to see it, but it's too late. It's like if in Sherlock Holmes they kill Watson, dedicate an episode to his death, then bring him back the episode after that.

Tldr- Rey all the way
Let's not take it that far.

Yes, he made it clear that he retired. But he did return for the 25th Anniversary, he straight up teased a return with his reluctance to continue to talk more. Go back to that episode, pay attention to his body language and his facial expressions. His facial expression says he doesn't want this to be real, but at the same time, he's also teasing something else in there.

Vince is putting all this work to make his retirement match bigger than the Wrestlemania match he put his clothes on the mat. He wants to market this like a big match. Really big. Like news article worthy.

He and Undertaker mutually wants the send off to be so big that even his earliest supporters, his earliest fans, his earliest colleagues, friends, family knows about it. That's big. That's like saying goodbye to Hulk Hogan. Put it that way.

If you thought that "Thank You Undertaker" chants were loud... You ain't seen shit yet. You will see what I mean. It's going to be so loud your speaker will boom harder than usual. I'm already imagining it, and already got goosebumps.

Last edited:

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Now you're talking :psycho::psycho::psycho:
Just remember...everyone in the WWE (apart from the women
& the Cruiserweights) are there simply to make the Plank of Wood
look strong.

Cena & Taker have already made the Plank look strong in the
last 12 months...so they can be on the B-Show.

RAW is ROMAN...apparently.

Reactions: TheprofileofJericho

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Don't worry they'll get there 2 :emoji_joy::emoji_joy:.
Yeah...the night after Wrestlemania 34 Roman will wrestle a 2 hour gauntlet
match pinning every single Cruiserweight working for the company...

And I'm sure if Vince thought it would get him over...Roman would end up
pinning every woman on the roster as well.

Hell...Vince had his own Daughter eat a spear from Roman to try & get
him over at Wrestlemania 32...

We all remember that right?

In hindsight I think that very moment proves Vince has lost his fucking mind.

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
I wanna see Rey at Mania, but booking him agaist cena does make much sense. Other than it's 2 big names at Mania. And the booking with Taker works but I really don't wanna see another Taker match. He lost twice at Mania now, so the magic is gone. I really wanna see Cena vs Braun. Lol give us like a last man standing. That shit would be crazy.

It would be cool if they booked a huge ladder match for the cruiserweight title and Rey came as a surprise like the Hardy's last year

Reactions: RedDwarfTechy