WrestleMania John Cena vs.... Rey?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
This is a rumor right now so take it with a grain of salt, but word out on the street is that John Cena and Rey Mysterio will be having a match at WM34. There are several people covering this right now so just google it for different takes on the rumor.

VynSI.jpg

How do you feel about this? Is it a good move? A bad move? Can we finally stop talking about the Undertaker coming back?​

Tyler2

Abap
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Sports Team
rRE8Tx2
Favorite Sports Team
dJHMFjb
Two of my fave five when I started watching, but it makes no sense they fought in the past and it's usually Cena beating Rey easily

Doxo

Moist Nephew
Reaction score
I much prefer Rey to Undertaker. I much prefer Heidenreich to Undertaker. I want Cena to face anyone but Undertaker.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I much prefer Rey to Undertaker. I much prefer Heidenreich to Undertaker. I want Cena to face anyone but Undertaker.
I am hoping that this is the case here. I would rather see Shane vs Cena at this point than Undertaker.

The Sheik

The Architect
Technician
Reaction score
I don't see why they would mention Undertaker and Cena on RAW if that match is not happening.. I still think Undertaer will show up at Fastlane or the Smackdown after to answer Cena's challenge.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
The crowd were really loud when Cena called out Taker. Can't deny that the natch is a money feud. Despite Taker nowhere near he's prime. Its undertaker to be fair. The guy does what he fucking wants.

Doxo

Moist Nephew
Reaction score
I never say "I'll never take x seriously again" because to me that's a load of bs (Uh, Jinder won, the WWE Championship will never have prestige again. Uh, Roman won, I'll never watch him vs Brock. Uh, something I didn't like happened, I'll never do something we all know I'm going to do. Ect.) but if Taker does return, I really will never take retirements in WWE seriously again. This isn't Mark Henry pretending to retire, this is the number one WWE star possibly ever and Vince McMahon's personal favorite. They put in all the work for a great goodbye, put together great video packages, did great promos, ect. If they do all of that for a match with no steam whatsoever, just John Cena wanted some match and the Undertaker replied "Sure bro, I got you." then it's all for nothing. Match over, goodbye Undertaker, wait, no, he'll be back for WM 35. Then, WM 36. Why not WM 37 after, let's make him the new Terry Funk. I get it, rumors have been circulating, Cena called him out, fans want to see it, but it's too late. It's like if in Sherlock Holmes they kill Watson, dedicate an episode to his death, then bring him back the episode after that.

Tldr- Rey all the way

Reactions: Snowman1

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
I would rather Cena vs. Rey than Cena vs. Undertaker...

In fact I will probably skip Cena/Taker altogether simply
because I don't want to watch him stumble around the
ring like in the 2017 Rumble.

Don't let Taker become like Ric Flair & Hulk Hogan...

We don't need to see that.

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
I would rather Cena vs. Rey than Cena vs. Undertaker...

In fact I will probably skip Cena/Taker altogether simply
because I don't want to watch him stumble around the
ring like in the 2017 Rumble.

Don't let Taker become like Ric Flair & Hulk Hogan...

We don't need to see that.
You're gonna end up only watching 30 mins of mania at this rate.

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
I never say "I'll never take x seriously again" because to me that's a load of bs (Uh, Jinder won, the WWE Championship will never have prestige again. Uh, Roman won, I'll never watch him vs Brock. Uh, something I didn't like happened, I'll never do something we all know I'm going to do. Ect.) but if Taker does return, I really will never take retirements in WWE seriously again. This isn't Mark Henry pretending to retire, this is the number one WWE star possibly ever and Vince McMahon's personal favorite. They put in all the work for a great goodbye, put together great video packages, did great promos, ect. If they do all of that for a match with no steam whatsoever, just John Cena wanted some match and the Undertaker replied "Sure bro, I got you." then it's all for nothing. Match over, goodbye Undertaker, wait, no, he'll be back for WM 35. Then, WM 36. Why not WM 37 after, let's make him the new Terry Funk. I get it, rumors have been circulating, Cena called him out, fans want to see it, but it's too late. It's like if in Sherlock Holmes they kill Watson, dedicate an episode to his death, then bring him back the episode after that.

Tldr- Rey all the way

I don't think I could've said it any better. This and the fact that the last 2 WMs when Taker showed up it was painful to see him wrestle. Roman had to (literally at times) carry him through the match.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
You're gonna end up only watching 30 mins of mania at this rate.
Possibly...& I know it sounds like a cop out...but
Lesnar vs. Plank of Wood, Cena vs. Taker & the
Ronda Rousey Mixed tag match hold no interest
for me...I just don't care & because I don't watch
the WWE events "live" I can easily pick & choose
what I want to watch by skipping through the events.

Just because WWE books a match doesn't mean I
have to watch it.

The only shows & events I watch from start to
finish is NXT on Friday night & the NXT TakeOver
shows because every minute of them is worth watching.

Less is More...

I will admit I did watch the entire Rumble pay per view
with no spoilers this year & it was good...not great but
good.