John Cena debuting new look at NOC

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
BostonHerald said:
John Cena’s new favorite color?
Pink.

The decorated pro wrestler, a product of West Newbury and 12-time World Wrestling Entertainment champion, is set to unveil his new Susan G. Komen for the Cure pink ring attire tonight at the TD Garden for the “Night of Champions” pay-per-view event. While most eyes will be glued to the wrestling action inside the squared circle, the real story with Cena is his work outside of the ring.

Cena will be wearing his new gear through October, which is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month. The mission of Susan G. Komen for the Cure is to eradicate breast cancer, which can be a deadly opponent when not treated early. Cena’s “Rise Above Cancer” endeavor is just a part of what makes him one of the most charitable celebrities in the world.

“One of the reasons I really wanted to do something with Susan G. Komen is because of my brother,” said Cena, 35. “Early detection saved his life.”
Cena’s youngest brother, Sean, learned last November that he had brain cancer.

“Sean’s doing extremely well,” said Cena. “It was an inoperable brain tumor, but one of the main reasons he’s done well is the early detection. I know it’s brain cancer and breast cancer, but that key is early detection.”

The Cena-Komen partnership on the surface seems like an odd one, but they are a perfect match. Breast cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer, as well as the second-leading cause of cancer-related death among women in the U.S. And there are more than five million women who watch WWE programming each week.

“It’s very exciting for us to be partnered up with Susan G. Komen,” said Paul Levesque, the executive vice president of talent and live events, but better known as “Triple H” to the WWE universe. “The WWE and John Cena have such a large female fan base, so it’s important for us to support the people who have supported us for so long.”

07e381_091312cena02.jpg

Good move by WWE and Cena to promote Cancer Awareness. Obviously this hits very close to home for Cena because of his brother and it is nice that he is able to promote a good cause like this on television each week. I am sure that he will cop flak from some idiots since he is wearing pink but it is all about charity in the end so that is a good thing.

Last edited:

Undertaker

Reaction score
Good move by WWE and Cena to promote Cancer Awareness. Obviously this hits very close to home for Cena because of his brother and it is nice that he is able to promote a good cause like this on television each week. I am sure that he will cop flak from some idiots since he is wearing pink but it is all about charity in the end so that is a good thing.
This is why I have so much respect for John Cena, regardless of his in-ring ability he does so much for charity its unbelievable and I wish I could do as much as him. On the lighter side he will now have all the colours of Fruity Pebbles! I bet The Rock will jump on this via Twitter or next time he's on WWE TV. Let's hope this latest charitable effort raises cancer awareness further and increases donations to cancer charities. Good work by all within WWE.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
Awesome job by Cena, but watch people will still hate on him. He'll always go down as one of the most respected men in this business.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I'm all for this, but that shirt is ugly as hell. The main color should hav been pink, not black.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
How is this changing his look, all he's doing is wearing a different cap on the way to the ring.

If he was to grow a beard out or stop wearing those ridiculous jorts then yeah.

Reactions: 1 person

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
I think all athletes should wear pink for Breast Cancer month.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Just needs the Diva's title and the look is complete.

Reactions: 1 person

TheZig

Reaction score
Terrible design but big props to Cena and WWE.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
See this is actually the type of thing that he does that I dislike. I dislike it because it's always him. You know he's just doing it to help his super good guy persona

Reaction score
You know he's just doing it to help his super good guy persona

Actually nobody knows that or could know that except for Cena or those close to him. For the rest of the world, it's purely speculation. It may be quite likely that the WWE sees it as another opportunity to gain positive publicity, especially having their top guy wear pink. But unless his story about his brother who had cancer is a total work there may very well be a chance the guy is glad to do it.

Skepticism can be a healthy thing. Smarky "knowledge" and "facts" is lulz worthy.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Actually nobody knows that or could know that except for Cena or those close to him. For the rest of the world, it's purely speculation. It may be quite likely that the WWE sees it as another opportunity to gain positive publicity, especially having their top guy wear pink. But unless his story about his brother who had cancer is a total work there may very well be a chance the guy is glad to do it.

Skepticism can be a healthy thing. Smarky "knowledge" and "facts" is lulz worthy.

You can know that because nobody in the world is that much of a good guy.

413_no_more_mr_nice_guy.jpg

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
You can know that because nobody in the world is that much of a good guy.

413_no_more_mr_nice_guy.jpg

Stealing House quotes... LULZ.

Considering it something to do with his brother, sure some of it is PR but same time I think he's pretty geniune... Probs because he has neuroSyphilis or Chagas' disease

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Yeah this thing could be because he really care about it but it's the whole too much of a good thing. He does stuff like this to the point that I can't differentiate what is PR and what is really a cause he cares about.

Status
Not open for further replies.