John Cena As Superman

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Pavitar

Reaction score
Read the news here: http://www.thewrestlingcafe.com/news/?p=418

It's kind of an odd thought, but I think it isn't the best move at this point. Many pro wrestling fans are agaisnt Cena at the moment for being "Super Cena" and coming out dominate from every match. This would only make things worse in my opinon.

Your thoughts?

Reaction score
While I will say that John is a charismatic decent actor, I can NOT see him at all as Superman. However, he would make an interesting villain! I'd love to see him cast as Metallo (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metallo)

I bet Nicolas Cage and Jessica Alba are decent actors too, huh?

Wow , you need to develop some taste. Have you seen Cena's movies?

Airfixx

Reaction score
Any wrestling-based re-percussions would be assessed by Vince and you can bet ya fuckin' life that his top boy scoring a high profile movie like this (and all the attention it would bring) would FAR outway the potential grumblings of the teen/adult WWE demographic.

Reaction score
Any wrestling-based re-percussions would be assessed by Vince and you can bet ya fuckin' life that his top boy scoring a high profile movie like this (and all the attention it would bring) would FAR outweigh the potential grumblings of the teen/adult WWE demographic.

Montana

Reaction score
I guess Dwayne Johnson also tried out for the roll as well. I heard he was a candidate too.

Reaction score
I guess Dwayne Johnson also tried out for the roll as well. I heard he was a candidate too.

I don't think either of them actually auditioned for the role, but it was rumoured they were being considered. It was probably a vague tidbit of information that was overheard at a Chris Nolan lunch by a gossip writer or a waiter who posted it on the net. Just speculating.

Reaction score
I bet Nicolas Cage and Jessica Alba are decent actors too, huh?

Wow , you need to develop some taste. Have you seen Cena's movies?

You're right! I do need to develop some taste. 25 years of watching all kinds of movies have gone to waste. Wow, how did you discern my lack of such simply by me calling Cena a charismatic decent actor? You must be psychic! Hey, you should quit your "teaching" job and go into the Psychic Hotline business. "Call meh now, ah'm Gates o' de Hausah and ah gots ya future well en han'."

For the record, I've seen the Marine (once was enough) but I enjoyed Cena's one episode on Psych (hopefully he shows up again). I've yet to see 12 Rounds or Legendary because they're low on my list of "to see" movies. Once I see Legendary, Cena may prove to be more than decent, but that probably won't change my opinion about him filling the role of Superman.

If you want to call my wonder that Cage and Alba continue to receive film roles as calling them decent, okay, sure, pal.

Reaction score
^^^Don't let Gates rile you, he's awful. His "comedic stylings", if you will, are unfunny and terrible. His tastes in music are awful too. He could be wrapped in bacon and he's still bland as mush. Tell him to go fuck himself.

Reaction score
You're right! I do need to develop some taste. 25 years of watching all kinds of movies have gone to waste. Wow, how did you discern my lack of such simply by me calling Cena a charismatic decent actor? You must be psychic! Hey, you should quit your "teaching" job and go into the Psychic Hotline business. "Call meh now, ah'm Gates o' de Hausah and ah gots ya future well en han'."

For the record, I've seen the Marine (once was enough) but I enjoyed Cena's one episode on Psych (hopefully he shows up again). I've yet to see 12 Rounds or Legendary because they're low on my list of "to see" movies. Once I see Legendary, Cena may prove to be more than decent, but that probably won't change my opinion about him filling the role of Superman.

If you want to call my wonder that Cage and Alba continue to receive film roles as calling them decent, okay, sure, pal.

It's a fact that Cena's a terrible actor. It's not disputed. I doubt there's anybody out there over the age of 12 that would argue on Cena's behalf. Or rather, anybody over the age of 12 that isn't half braindead.

@Enzo: My music taste > yours anyday. Keep trying. Or just ban me. Either way it makes no difference, really.