• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
"We're number 2! UK TV DANGIT!" - TNAMecca

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Neither show drew above 400 visitors according to Meltzer and the pwinsider. This is going splendid /End sarcasm

Hey, look at it on the bright side: Dichotomy America could be interested in picking them up as a bonus fuck you to Ditsy!

(Really though I'm just sending this as a reminder to reply to this later)

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Well, GFW getting crowds this small isn't that much of a surprise, really. Especially considering they don't even have TV yet.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
GFW Releases Exclusive Video Of Jeff Jarrett's TNA Return, Teases More Updates To Come

Global Force Wrestling released this statement on their website about Jeff Jarrett andKaren Jarrett returning to TNA on tonight's Impact Wrestling:

Global Force Wrestling founder Jeff Jarrett shocked the wrestling world when he made a surprise appearance on Impact Wrestling. Jarrett announced that he will walk down the aisle for the last time on his own terms at the TNA Slammiversary pay-per-view. Jarrett made his surprise appearance alongside his wife Karen Jarrett.
Slammiversary airs this Sunday, June 28th on pay-per-view.

We will have more on this story as details become available. Please follow@GFWWrestling on Twitter for more updates.

As seen above, GFW also released an exclusive look at The Jarretts at Impact. Jarrett also tweeted on the return:

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Global Force Wrestling Announces Seven Tournament Matches For Their First TV Tapings

As noted, Global Force Wrestling will kickoff tournaments to crown champions in all four of their divisions at the July 24th GFW Amped TV tapings in Las Vegas. The following matches have been announced to begin those tournaments, plus a six-man match:

Global Title Tournament Matches:
* Brian Myers (Curt Hawkins) vs. Chris Mortedzky (Chris Masters)
* Bobby Roode vs. TBA
* Kongo Kong vs. Nick Aldis (Magnus)

NEX*GEN Title Tournament Matches:
* PJ Black (Justin Gabriel) vs. Sanada
* Jigsaw vs. Sonjay Dutt

Tag Team Title Tournament:
* Chris Sabin and Kushida vs. Reno SCUM

Women's Title Tournament:
* Christina Von Eerie vs. Mickie James vs. Lei'D Tapa

*Bestia 666 vs. Blood Eagle vs. Steve Pain vs. Phoenix Star vs. Zokre vs. Misterioso Jr.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Global Force Wrestling Commentator Revealed

After months of speculation, Wrestling Inc has learned that Cyrus Fees will be the play-by-play voice of Global Force wrestling, starting with the company's television tapings next weekend.

Fees is a 33 year old who has worked for several mixed martial arts promotions as both a ring announcer and play-by-play announcer. He is also former President of The Hip Show Arena Combat International.

Currently, Fees works as a play-by-play commentator for South African based EFC Worldwide. He got his announcing and commentating start for NWA Smoky Mountain.

Fees will join former UFC title contender Chael Sonnen in the booth for GFW's first set of tapings.

Wrestling Inc also conducted an exclusive interview with Global Force Wrestling's Sonjay Dutt, which we'll bring you soon.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
GFW Amped Tapings From Vegas (8/21)

Jeff Jarrett's Global Force Wrestling is currently taping episodes of their Amped show in Las Vegas at the Orleans Arena. Thanks to Robert McCormick for tweeting us these spoilers. No word yet on when they will air:

* They paid tribute to Roddy Piper for "The Masked Saint" movie that he filmed before he passed

* Chael Sonnen cut a promo in the ring and demanded a match

* "Tease & Sleaze" Kenny King and Joey Ryan are out. They defeated Cielo Misterioso in a tournament match for the GFW Tag Team Titles

* Karen Jarrett came out for a promo but Amber Gallows interrupted, then King and Ryan

* PJ Black (Justin Gabriel) and The Akbars defeated Los Luchas and Sonjay Dutt

* Shelton Benjamin defeated JR Kratos in a tournament match for the GFW Global Title

* TJ Perkins (Manik) defeated Andrew Everett in a tournament match for the GFW NEX*GEN Title

* Bobby Roode came out for a promo but Eric Young interrupted. Roode ended up attacking Young and beating him down

* "Bullet Babe" Amber Gallows defeated Katarina Waters (Winter, Katie Lea) and Laura James in a tournament match for the GFW Women's Title

* "The Bullet Club" Karl Anderson and Doc Gallows came out while Amber was still in the ring and cut a promo, giving her props and posing together

* Virgil Flynn defeated Trevor Lee in a tournament match for the GFW NEX*GEN Title

* Chael Sonnen and Chris Masters are out for a promo. Nick Aldis (Magnus) comes to the ring but Masters beats him down. MMA vet Phil Baroni had words with Sonnen from the crowd and jumped the rail but security got in the way

* Kevin Kross defeated Joey

* Eric Young defeated Bobby Roode in a tournament match for the GFW Global Title

* Jeff Jarrett came out and cut a promo thanking fans

* Anderson and Gallows defeated Lance Hoyt and Davey Boy Smith Jr. in tournament match for the GFW Tag Team Titles

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Judging by the photos and the roster, it just seems like a Green TNA. Hopefully the product will say otherwise.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Chael Sonnen Says He Won't Work For GFW Unless They Get A U.S. TV Deal, Thinks GFW Will Absorb TNA

On episode 250 of the Steve Austin Show, 'Stone Cold' Steve Austin welcomed former MMA fighter and current GFW expert analyst Chael Sonnen to the podcast. During the interview, Sonnen discussed his experience thus far with GFW and shared his thoughts on TNA.

Sonnen suggested to Austin that either GFW was unprepared at the first production meeting Sonnen attended or Jeff Jarrett has a great deal of faith in Sonnen, as he was not a part of the original script for the first GFW show. Sonnen indicated that he was informed about the first production meeting secondhand, though he was flown out to Las Vegas first class, his hotel room was paid for by GFW, and he was paid to be there. During the meeting, the crew went through the entire first show and Sonnen realized that he was not on the show at all.

"I said to [Jarrett] after this meeting, I said, 'Jeff, I'm not in the show'," Sonnen said. "And he says, 'did you want to be?' And I said, 'well, yeah! Yeah, I wanted to be!' So he opens up the script and he thumbs to, like, page three and he sticks his big old finger on the page and says, 'why don't you come in right here?' That's all he said. He doesn't say, 'you're going face [or] you're going heel; you're going to be edited in, edited out; promote the next show.' He tells me absolutely nothing."

With respect to Sonnen's role as expert analyst for GFW, Sonnen acknowledged that "unless [Jarrett] gets a television deal, there's nothing for me to commentate."

"If he [Jarrett] goes and signs a deal in Turkey, which he's actually being offered one, that isn't going to be my voice," Sonnen said. "I don't speak Turkish. That's going to be someone else, so for me to participate, he [has] got to get an American deal. I trust that he will, but it's a gamble and unless he does, I'm really not part of the show."

As for Jarrett's current relationship with TNA, Sonnen stated that Jarrett owns more than 11% of TNA, but that Jarrett told him that he does not own enough of the company to go in and control the board. Sonnen admitted that he thinks TNA is going to go under, but that Jarrett is going to absorb TNA's talent and that it will all be rebranded as GFW.

In addition to talking about GFW and TNA, Sonnen shared his thoughts on Ronda Rousey, he talked about whether he might become a professional wrestler, and he told a story about pitching a ridiculous gimmick to Sheamus. Click here to listen to the rest of the podcast.