Jeff Jarrett-MMA

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
^^^Hot damn, I would think you would be able to comprehend my post somewhat better than that. I wasn't talking about the angle being disrespectful to wrestling, you silly goose. I was talking about how wrestling has produced far more tasteless, disrespectful angles in regards to actual life. I think anyone with a sense of decency would think a bizzaro like Goldust pretending to have tourettes is far more disrespectful and insensitive of the people who have that actual disease. Or the gay community actually supporting the Billy and Chuck wedding angle only to be spurred by a tasteless swerve. Don't you think those examples are far more disrespectful than a carny wrestlerin a world of pretend combat pretending to be an athlete of a similar carny nature? If not, then I don't know what to tell you.

And what the fuck do Hogan and Cena's abilities have anything to do with what I said? And what does Angle portraying a plumber have anything to do with what I said? And so what if Jarrett is portraying an MMA character? IT'S FUCKING PRETEND. The WWE is a portrayal of combat, MMA is actual combat, it makes sense to have someone portray a character like that. What's disrespectful about that? MMA fighters know it's fake. Anyone with half a brain knows it's fake. Fridge Perry, Mongo McMichael and Lawrence Taylor, football players who made millions, indulged into the world of pretend and it didn't do anything to football's perception. And as far as MMA fighters being the hardest working athletes...pffftttt...Bret Farve, at 41, on a busted ankle getting smushed multiple times three games in a row is more hardcore than anything any MMA fighter has ever done. 16+ weeks of grueling combat trumps 3-4 15 minute fights a year easily.

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
What part of my statement did I say it was the most disrespectful thing to happen to all of wrestling? What I cannot stand is how they apparently think that through this angle, they would get more of that crossover MMA/ex-WWF fans to watch their product. As an MMA fan, I cannot stand how he comes out and makes it seem like he can beat so many guys with his MMA skills. MMA fighters are the most disciplined and hardworking athletes. And pretending to be something that is another man's job isn't very creative. What makes you think WWE stars past and present like Hulk Hogan and John Cena are so worshipped. Not because of their wrestling talent but because they created a character for themselves that is larger than life. Why don't Kurt Angle pretend to be a plumber, does that sound very interesting to you?

lmao.

A lot of wrestlers pretend to be something they aren't. I have no idea why you are all up in arms over Jeff Jarrett pretending to be an MMA fighter. It's more believable than some of the other gimmicks.

OMG ARE YA MAD AT THE UNDERTAKER FOR PRETENDING HE IS AN UNDERTAKER?

phantomgerald

Reaction score
To respond to LHR and Enzo, what you guys don't get is a guy who probably rolls around on a mat once in a while, and thinks he's good enough to pretend to be an MMA fighter. But the way he acts, the submissions he pull off, that doesn't resemble an MMA fighter and any MMA fan can see that. The undertaker is not a direct translation from the occupation, while this is and if he is trying to make it look legit, then at least make it look real not this half ass bullshit.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
To respond to LHR and Enzo, what you guys don't get is a guy who probably rolls around on a mat once in a while, and thinks he's good enough to pretend to be an MMA fighter. But the way he acts, the submissions he pull off, that doesn't resemble an MMA fighter and any MMA fan can see that. The undertaker is not a direct translation from the occupation, while this is and if he is trying to make it look legit, then at least make it look real not this half ass bullshit.

This is the entire point of the story.

Veritas

Reaction score
LMAO, phantom - I mean, the way I'm reading things, dude....you're getting worked!

I don't know this for sure but I'm pretty sure Jeff doesn't actually think he's an MMA fighter, his gimmick is to pretend he's an amazing, all knowing, martial arts sensei after just a little training, of which he's probably actually had none. This whole gimmick started perfect with Jeff claiming to be this bad ass mixed martial artist and showing his "skills" by whipping common men (remember, wrestlers aren't common men) but, when it came to an actual match, he'd use his guitar then put a submission on an already KO'ed opponent. Somewhere along the line, TNA forgot the best part of the story but the rest was still very entertaining.

Dude, it's kayfabe. It's not insulting to fighters or the MMA audience because they're not portraying it as real. If you really want to call a gimmick like this out then Goldberg was a far bigger insult because, while they didn't actually call him a MMArtist, they all but pushed him as one (he had the look, he used a wide variety of strikes, he broke out a wide variety of slams and throws, etc) and c'mon, he'd get CREAMED in a cage.

It's amazing, TNA finally finds a successful gimmick (crowds have been hot for Jarrett and his Double J Double M-A Challenges have been one of few segments not to lose viewers) and they immediately decide to retire it. WTF?!

fuzzy

Reaction score
LMAO, phantom - I mean, the way I'm reading things, dude....you're getting worked!

I don't know this for sure but I'm pretty sure Jeff doesn't actually think he's an MMA fighter, his gimmick is to pretend he's an amazing, all knowing, martial arts sensei after just a little training, of which he's probably actually had none. This whole gimmick started perfect with Jeff claiming to be this bad ass mixed martial artist and showing his "skills" by whipping common men (remember, wrestlers aren't common men) but, when it came to an actual match, he'd use his guitar then put a submission on an already KO'ed opponent. Somewhere along the line, TNA forgot the best part of the story but the rest was still very entertaining.

Dude, it's kayfabe. It's not insulting to fighters or the MMA audience because they're not portraying it as real. If you really want to call a gimmick like this out then Goldberg was a far bigger insult because, while they didn't actually call him a MMArtist, they all but pushed him as one (he had the look, he used a wide variety of strikes, he broke out a wide variety of slams and throws, etc) and c'mon, he'd get CREAMED in a cage.

It's amazing, TNA finally finds a successful gimmick (crowds have been hot for Jarrett and his Double J Double M-A Challenges have been one of few segments not to lose viewers) and they immediately decide to retire it. WTF?!
LOOOOOOOOL and maybe one more LOL If Jeff really thinks he's a MMA fighter, then the nutcracker is sitting at home rite now cracking his nuts...as we speak.