Jeff Jarrett-MMA

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Wrestling Fan 4890

Reaction score
WHo were the six guys during Jeff Jarrett's MMA "exhibition" on Impact a couple weeks ago?

Axis

Reaction score
Probably Brock Lesnars.

pumpt73

Reaction score
Honestly, I think this is one of the dumbest things TNA has done. Not so much Jarrett tapping the kids, because that was funny, but the whole concept is just dumb. As an MMA fan, this is where you want to see someone like Angle or Joe get ahold of him in an MMA style match. Actually Id probably enjoy seeing Daniel Puder come in and run through him.

Reaction score
Honestly, I think this is one of the dumbest things TNA has done. Not so much Jarrett tapping the kids, because that was funny, but the whole concept is just dumb. As an MMA fan, this is where you want to see someone like Angle or Joe get ahold of him in an MMA style match. Actually Id probably enjoy seeing Daniel Puder come in and run through him.
Too right on that one, dude. I think that he's actually having a match like that with Joe at the next PPV.

Personally, though, I would have really loved to see an ACTUAL mixed martial artist come out and give him a thrashing. That would have been all sorts of awesome.

Uncle Saucey

Reaction score
Jeff Jarrett-MMA, nah, unless MMA means "Mental Masturbation Artist" He probably wants to cross swords wiith Baldylocks anyway. Did that make sense?????

Veritas

Reaction score
Honestly, I think this is one of the dumbest things TNA has done. Not so much Jarrett tapping the kids, because that was funny, but the whole concept is just dumb. As an MMA fan, this is where you want to see someone like Angle or Joe get ahold of him in an MMA style match. Actually Id probably enjoy seeing Daniel Puder come in and run through him.​

I'm no TNA fan, but I actually think this is a good story. I mean what you're saying here Pumpt, I think that's the whole point, that should be the payoff. I'd say Jarrett uses a guitar and "chokes" Joe out at the Final Resolution then meets Angle in Jan. I think it's pretty entertaining to be honest, one of the better ones to come from them in awhile.

Ramon

Reaction score
WHo were the six guys during Jeff Jarrett's MMA "exhibition" on Impact a couple weeks ago?

hi
I am a big lover of TNA impact.In my view these are from team 3D's wrestling academy.Honestly speaking,What i think about this incident is that this is one of the worst thing ever taken place in the wrestling.It was quite a funny thing Jarrett tapping the kids on there backs.

phantomgerald

Reaction score
It's freaking dissrespectful to all the real MMA fighters who train their asses off day after day and have a guy like double J come in and pretend he's legit. I really wonder what TNA is thinking. Do they honestly think their target demographic where a huge portion of also love MMA see this and think of it as interesting because of the MMA angle? I certainly don't

Reaction score
^^Are you serious? Most people can differentiate wrestling from MMA. It's not nearly as "disrespectful" than Orlando Jordan portraying a queer, Goldust having tourettes, Ed Ferrerra making fun of JR's bell's palsy, Billy and Chuck faking a queer wedding, Eddie portraying a Mexican stereotype, the exploitation of his death, and I can go on and on about more tasteless, disrespectful wrestling angles than fucking Jeff Jarrett imitating a fucking MMA fighter. Know why he's pretending to be legit? Because the ENTIRE BUSINESS IS PRETEND.

Airfixx

Reaction score
I like the angle - The most entertaining part of TNA since it kicked off (I mean, seriously, who doen't want to get in their and choke Jarret out themselves after all his bullshit bravado and talk of MMA-clinics?) - but generally I still hate the concept of worked MMA matches in pro-wrestling... Gimme a standard submission match any day.

Wish they hadn't done the 'false' return for Angle while all the shit with Joe was still going on. That was stupid ofTNA (always gotta go and spoil shit somehow, eh!).

phantomgerald

Reaction score
^^Are you serious? Most people can differentiate wrestling from MMA. It's not nearly as "disrespectful" than Orlando Jordan portraying a queer, Goldust having tourettes, Ed Ferrerra making fun of JR's bell's palsy, Billy and Chuck faking a queer wedding, Eddie portraying a Mexican stereotype, the exploitation of his death, and I can go on and on about more tasteless, disrespectful wrestling angles than fucking Jeff Jarrett imitating a fucking MMA fighter. Know why he's pretending to be legit? Because the ENTIRE BUSINESS IS PRETEND.

What part of my statement did I say it was the most disrespectful thing to happen to all of wrestling? What I cannot stand is how they apparently think that through this angle, they would get more of that crossover MMA/ex-WWF fans to watch their product. As an MMA fan, I cannot stand how he comes out and makes it seem like he can beat so many guys with his MMA skills. MMA fighters are the most disciplined and hardworking athletes. And pretending to be something that is another man's job isn't very creative. What makes you think WWE stars past and present like Hulk Hogan and John Cena are so worshipped. Not because of their wrestling talent but because they created a character for themselves that is larger than life. Why don't Kurt Angle pretend to be a plumber, does that sound very interesting to you?