Jeff Hardy back for WM26?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
While there are a few pieces that still have to fall in place for this to happen, there is talk within WWE that Jeff Hardy will be brought back in time to wrestle C.M. Punk at WrestleMania 26.

At the time of his departure from WWE over the summer, the general feeling within WWE was that Hardy would be back in a few months. Just weeks after he left the company, police raided Hardy's Cameron, North Carolina home and found a staggering quantity of prescription pills, among other substances. He was arrested and charged with multiple felonies. From the police report:

Jeffrey Nero Hardy was arrested on September 11, 2009 and charged with felony trafficking in opium, two counts of felony possession with intent to sell or deliver a Schedule III controlled substance, felony maintaining a dwelling to keep controlled substance, felony possession of cocaine, and misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia.

At this point, the biggest obstacle between Jeff Hardy and a WWE return are the charges he's facing. He is due back in court on January 27th for a probable cause hearing to determine whether there is enough evidence for his case to proceed to a grand jury. The grand jury would then decide whether to prosecute Hardy for the various felonies she’s been charged with.

With Linda McMahon’s United States Senate campaign a strong factor in what happens in WWE (ie. WWE toning down their product to TV-PG, family-friendly programming), the feeling is that WWE would not want to bring him back until Hardy's legal woes gets put to bed.

eh, I'm not that into Hardy vs Punk again, it looks like they're past that. they did a great job the first time, and I'd rather see a feud with Mysterio or Edge. Hardy coming back is good, he might be really messed up, but at least there's another main event face coming back.

xtremebadass

I would love to see Hardy vs. Punk since Punk has done a great job keeping their rivalry alive.

However, I heard many times Jeff might be getting a little stint in TNA, so I have no idea what is going on. LOL at WWE chasing a convicted criminal down to be at Mania. Hopefully Hardy does get back on TV one way or another.

Kizza

As over as he was, i think it's time for WWE to move on and push another "daredevil".

seX-Power

Or better yet, someone that can work a mic. Bourne wouldn't work as a badass daredevil anyway, he's too goody-goody.

Qwake

^ I actually read somewhere that Moore might be returning, not sure if it was to WWE or TNA they.

Fuck Jeff Hardy imo, he used to be awesome but they really overused him that last year or so, I don't want another Hardy/Punk match, the original ones were very overated and I could see Punk doing much bigger or better things.

seX-Power

With the way Punk is just drifting right now, the best he could hope for at WM would be an ECW title match. A match with Hardy would be great.

noumenon

As much as I enjoyed Punk/Hardy, gimme a fuckin break. Are you telling me as good as Punk is and the amount of young talent they have floating around they can't think of ANYTHING to do with Punk aside from rehashing the Jeff thing? I mean, he's still talking about it in his promos for fuck's sake. As funny as it is they're currently pissing CM Punk away.
As if they haven't shit on him enough in the past few months, yeah let's bring in a convicted drug trafficker to beat him at Mania.

Kizza

^ I actually read somewhere that Moore might be returning, not sure if it was to WWE or TNA they.

Fuck Jeff Hardy imo, he used to be awesome but they really overused him that last year or so, I don't want another Hardy/Punk match, the original ones were very overated and I could see Punk doing much bigger or better things.

The loser leaves Smackdown match was very good imo, but I agree that the rest were nothing special.

LKP

If he did come back to smackdown, he should not. He left a loser leaves smackdown match. Id put Jeff on ecw admit he made mistakes outside of wwe when he left and he wants to re establish himself on ecw before going to raw.

Punk should take out rey mysterio soon in time for a classic at wm 26.