• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

JBL Talks Potential Return

Great One

They did the same thing when Angle won it when he jumped from RAW... pretty stupid.

what is said is that WWE releasing that edge won title on ECW and that its all over their website. what is point of watching smackdown now, since we already know what happens.

Not true, because a lot of people are going to be tuning in now just to see the change.

There going with the ol' 'butts in the seats' mentality. Remember, way back Eric Bischoff thought exactly what you did and tried to spoil a Mankind title change. Completely backfired though as everyone and their mother switched imediatly to RAW to watch said title change. Shattered Nitro's number that day.

woah. i said smackdown doesn't interest me, but that is one episode i'm definately going to watch. edge as new champion? fucking brilliant but it does hurt wwe in the long run because mr. MITB should hold it till at least july in my opinion

See? phantomgerald's already been realed in. A lot of the IWC are goin' to be like him to.

Nancy Di Loreto

It has to be said. I know it happened before but still.... EDGE AND CHRISTIAN ARE WORLD CHAMPIONS AT THE SAME TIME!!!

And that just reeks of awesomeness... This deserves a 5-second pose.

And for the benefit of those of you with flash photography, we call this one "The most fightingest World Champions of all time!"

C4

wOW WOW WOW DAMN EDGE is NEW CHAMPION MY GOD HISTORY MADE ON SMACKDOWN! !!!! I cant wait to watch!
Wow! Lovely
Awesome
Great
Brilliant
Beautifull
Wonderfull
Extreme
Powerfull

Wrestling Station

sorry to see a jackass winning the WHC. I never liked Edge, i wished Benoit did and not this punk :(

bdogg1

When eric did it for foley they were on both shows were same nite. the smackdown show will not be seen till friday nite. there is a huge difference. your talking about 3 days difference from when it was filmed.

Ben

John "Bradshaw" Layfield commented on the possibility of returning to WWE or joining TNA Wrestling in a blog post on his Facebook page.

"Will I return to WWE? I doubt it, but you never know. I am not looking for a job and they are not asking me to return so it has not come up. I had to retire due to injuries, and yes, the 23 second match with Rey at Wrestlemania was my idea-at that point in my career due to injuries I could not have had any type of real match.

I was so hurt at that point that I literally couldn’t walk anywhere of distance and didn’t have the ability to work out. I hated being out of shape and realized I was tired of smoke and mirrors to hide my inadequacies-I didn’t want to be one of those old guys who had held on too long and I was in danger of becoming exactly that."

"Would there be any scenario I would return? Yes. I enjoy commentary and love performing-I am a lifelong wrestling fan who loved the art of the business. I hate travel and as you can see, for me; my life is just what I want right now. But, if the right spot opened up than WWE is my family and I would think strongly about returning. The one return I did in Dallas with Stone Cold and Michael Cole made me remember how much I loved the business.

So, we’ll see-odds are no return, but you never know.

Will I go to TNA? One of my best friends Bruce Prichard is there running talent relations and I have always gotten along great with Eric Bischoff as well as Dixie Carter-all I consider friends. I also have some wonderful friends working there as talent. It would be an enjoyable experience working there and their schedule is very appealing.

However, at the end of the day, I am a WWE guy-and would have a hard time working anywhere else. I had an offer to do radio somewhere other than TRN-who I worked for several years and I turned it down out of loyalty. I do my Internet show but that is with TRN’s blessing. Loyalty to me is always above money.

I’m not saying it’s 100 percent no option, but right now I have no desire to go anywhere other than WWE-even though I am not under contract and may never work there again. Odds are I will do something in the future, but maybe a one off-who knows. Wrestling though is pretty much off the table."

If he's to beat up to be active in the ring, would prefer that he just stays away from that aspect, and if he's got the itch to come back he does commentary. He should stay as far away from TNA as he can, as he just won't be used right.

Interesting. I'd love to see JBL back doing commentary or maybe even as a manager, but he doesn't seem to need the money. He has other things going for him, unlike a lot of veterans who just can't say no to a paycheck.

JBL was perfect on commentary. I found him unbearable in the ring during his 07-09 return, but I'd be all for him returning in a non-active role. I imagine him and Booker T could be absolutely hilarious opposing one another on Smackdown.

Onyx

I always think it's nice to see JBL return every once in a while. And as an Attitude Era kid. I can always remember the good Acolytes/APA days ^_^