JBL Talks Potential Return

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

bawjustice

Reaction score
SD! spoilers 5/8/07 BIGNAMES BIGGER CHANGES

Dark Match:

*Eddie Colon, the younger brother of Carlito and son of Carlos Colon, defeated Shannon Moore in a good competitive match after a flying bodypress.

Smackdown:

*Smackdown opens with a promo on The Undertaker defending the WWE World championship against Batista in a Steel Cage match.

*WWE United States champion Chris Benoit & Matt Hardy defeated MVP & Finlay in a solid bout after Benoit pinned MVP. The heels worked on Hardy's knee for a good portion of the bout and he limped all the way to the back.

*Another Steel Cage Match promo.

*Michelle McCool defeated Jillian Hall with a spinning neckbreaker. Hall "sang a song" before the match started.

*Backstage, Teddy Long told Kristal Marshall to have Vickie Guerrero come to Smackdown next week. Guerrero's name was booed. A new "country looking team" (I believe KC and Cassidy James from OVW) appeared in the vignette and will be wrestling next week.

*They showed highlights of Edge capturing the Money in the Bank from Ken Kennedy on Raw.

*Michael Cole and JBL interviewed Ashley Massaro, who said she can't wait to get back in the ring to take care of Jillian Hall.

*Paul London, with Brian Kendrick defeated WWE Tag Team champion Domino, with Deuce and Cherry. London hit a dropsault on Deuce, knocking him off the apron, and landing on Domino following the flip for the pin.

*Another Steel Cage match promo.

*Kane (with Boogeyman and Little Boogey) defeated Dave Taylor (with William Regal) after a clothesline. Boogey clotheslined Regal right before the finish.

*Another Undertaker vs. Batista video promo.

*They announce Ozzy Osbourne will be performing live on Smackdown next week.

*WWE Cruiserweight champion Chavo Guerrero vs. Jimmy Wang Yang (Non-Title) after reversing a top rope powerbomb attempt. Said to be a good but short match.

*Another Undertaker vs. Batista package.

*Snitsky promo, which may have been just for the live Arena.

The Undertaker vs. Batista for the WWE World championship inside a Steel Cage

They announced the match can be won by pinfall, submission or escape. Undertaker got a huge pop while Batista received a mixed reaction. Undertaker's arm is heavily braced and protected. Batista's right knee and quad is also taped up. The first five minutes saw some near falls. The crowd completely turned on Batista as he took control. Batista tried to escape but taker crotched him on the top rope. Taker took control for a moment, then both men hit each other with a clothesline and went down. Batista regained control of the match. Batista nearly scored a pinfall but Taker kicked up and regained control. He nailed a running clothesline in the corner then hit a big boot and a chokeslam for another near fall. Undertaker went for the Last Ride powerbomb but Barista countered and slammed Taker into the cage, busting him open. Batista nailed a spinebuster for a near fall. He tried to climb out of the cage but Undertaker caught him and nailed the Last Ride. Undertaker then tried to escape the cage. Batista began climbing out from another section of the cage, so both were trying to escape simultaneously. Both men hit the floor at the same time and it was announced as draw. Mark Henry came to ringside and attacked Taker.

Edge came out and cashed in his Money in the Bank title shot and began beating Taker, getting several near falls. Undertaker sat up, but was speared in the sitting position by Edge, who scored the pin. Edge is the new WWE World champion.
--------

i effin knew it

phantomgerald

woah. i said smackdown doesn't interest me, but that is one episode i'm definately going to watch. edge as new champion? fucking brilliant but it does hurt wwe in the long run because mr. MITB should hold it till at least july in my opinion

Trav40

Reaction score
EDGE EDGE, OH MY GOD EDGE IS THE NEW CHAMP, THANK YOU WWE. I can't believe that he won it. I thought that Batista would win and keep till Taker came back and then Kennedy got a chance. I hope they use him well on Smackdown. Ozzie on SD doesn't sound good.

bawjustice

Reaction score
i siad it once before

there are some st00pid peopel on here

MattHardyV1

Reaction score
HOLY SHIT!!OZZY NEXT WEEK HEL YEAH!

but anyway,yea i figured this would happen,extremely good move and this shakes things up alot,Edge will be a great champ as long as he stays heel.

Great One

Thank You Wwe Go Edge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Soulpower

It has to be said. I know it happened before but still.... EDGE AND CHRISTIAN ARE WORLD CHAMPIONS AT THE SAME TIME!!!

And that just reeks of awesomeness... This deserves a 5-second pose.

Rated RJC

Reaction score
Oh yes i didnt even realize that. I always knew when they were fueding w/ hardys and dudleys that they woulda both made great singles wrestlers.

Great One

It has to be said. I know it happened before but still.... EDGE AND CHRISTIAN ARE WORLD CHAMPIONS AT THE SAME TIME!!!

And that just reeks of awesomeness... This deserves a 5-second pose.
I say they meet up together and plan a tease promo. =p

bdogg1

Reaction score
what is said is that WWE releasing that edge won title on ECW and that its all over their website. what is point of watching smackdown now, since we already know what happens.