Jay Lethal has been screwed!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MattHardyV1

Reaction score
I have noticed that most of the people who are complaining about the X-Division are complaining about the storyline's surrounding the matches, but are not even commenting on the matches that have taken place, after all this is wrestling right? I'm not saying storylines don't belong in wrestling because that would be an idiotic statement to make, however some people are missing the bigger picture....WRESTLING. I'm not a huge fan of TNA, I actually just recently started watching TNA as well as WWE again, but just like TNAisWrestling, I'm tired of people complaining about every little thing TNA does wrong, while the good moves TNA makes go completely unnoticed. I just wish some people would look at wrestling with an unbiased perspective.

BTW, Lethal only won so they could take the belt away from Sabin, if you didn't know, Sabin & Shelley are re-forming their old tag team "The Murder/Motor City Machine Guns"...I just don't like the way they did it. I could see Sonjay (with his new guru gimmick) trying to convince Lethal that everything happens for a reason, which may be some pretty funny segments.

this is a general statement, I'm not referring to anyone specifically

Well good arguement but heres the deal.....you got a point...we never really talk about how good the wrestling is or how TNA does make good choices,that is only because the poor choices and the bad storylines overshadow everything else....after Slammy I stated (in my review go check it out everyone!!) that it was a great PPV full of great matches...Also I have stated that Angle as champ was a good choice IMO...but in this particular situation it was a bad choice by TNA,therefore us,the fans, focus soley on the bad end result more than the good wrestling we saw...I am completley unbiased when it comes to TNA,and pro wrestling period...with that being said,if it seems like I bitch about TNA....than its obvious that they are doing the wrong things that I do not like...

Rell

Reaction score
Thanks for responding V1, I agree about how the negatives out weigh the positives, the only thing I have a problem with is how some people respond to them. It seems like everywhere I go I see things posted about how bad the TNA product is, however I feel like the most important thing should be the in ring product as this is wrestling. Theres no doubt TNA has made some very bad decisions in booking lately (Mother Abyss) but overall has TNA really been that bad? The in ring product has kept me happy over the past few weeks, but then again, it all depends on your preference....

MattHardyV1

Reaction score
Honestly the amount/quality of wrestling in the X division we get in the little bit of time it gets is amazing,but everything else sucks...Main Events are just full of interferences and bullshit...promos are half the show as well....(Although we are gonna get an amazing main event match next week hopefully**) but yea wrestling wise the only thing I look foward to is PPVs and X division.

MasterEvc

Reaction score
They really should have just let Chris Sabin win at Slamiversary. Jay got screwed.

Exactly. Then have Joe win it thursday like he did, and then after the next ppv have Lethal win it instead of having him win it and days later lose it, kinda reminds me of Kane when he won the world title and lost it the next night.. pointless

Markz

Reaction score
He was not screwed, do you really think he would of been a good enough champ that he could of beaten the likes of some of the better X-Division wrestlers?
This way he can relish in this push and work with "the guru" and see what he can do then.

xtremebadass

I really think this made alot of fans' taste go sour on Joe, I know I am not his biggest fan anymore.

Defiant One

Reaction score
I agree this has knocked Joe down a bit for me at least. No matter how I how I look at it, or try and understand it, I just dont see the point in having Jay win it Sunday, only to lose it a couple of days later, to Joe who hasnt even been in the X-Division lately.

C4

Lethal will be Champion again don't worry, by the way I think Samoa Joe is a way better Champion than Jay Lethal.
And Not to mention the "Randy Savage" Thing sucked.
Anyways, Lethal is a good X-Division guy and he will be Champion again.

Defiant One

Reaction score
Actually im a fan of the Black Machismo gimmick, and I know Lethal will be champion again to me having him only be champion for a couple of days taints it, just like Kane and the one day WWE Title reign, it just wouldve been better not to have won it at all. Reigns that short are a joke.

xtremebadass

Man, he is just a Macho Man impersonator, but he has sure taken on more than just an impersonator lifestyle, he is his own gimmick IMO

ImpactAngle

Reaction score
Why is a short reign a joke or a lack of respect for a champion? Title holders are not supposed to keep their belts for months automatically. Jay Lethal is young, he will win the belt back soon. Let's remember Edge winning the IC title in 1999 and losing it the day after. That didn't kill his credibility and we saw what happened later.

Disraeli

Reaction score
True it was a bit of a screw job for Lethal, but(I think) I understand TNA's need to do it. After all they virtually have a new Heavyweight title which they need to boost as much as possible right now and have meaningful defences. Angle needs to keep the belt, but they still have to keep Joe hot in order for it to even be possible for him to take that title later on, as I'm quite certain he will. So Joe needs to be in that Multi-championship match, but not win the title yet without losing his credibility. Perhaps they will then focus Joe on feud with Lethal which would give raise Jay's profile while keeping Joe warm until the time comes for him to have a true shot at the title. Then again if they give the TNA belt to Joe at Victory Road all of this goes straight to hell (as well as the credibility of TNA title)...

As for the wrestling side, IMO Joe pretty much guarantees good matches and should they find a way for lethal to win the title back without humiliating Joe it would certainly give his second reign enough prestige cover the first one up beautifully (and perhaps set him on to feuds with old rivals of Joe's). After all, they won't be proclaiming on the telly that Lethal had a really short first reign. No, they will be saing he is a two-time champion. That's prestige for you right there....