Jake Roberts in Critical Condition at Hospital

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
As of right now, Jake Roberts is at a Las Vegas hospital unconscious. According to Raj Giri of WrestleINC, Roberts was flying to an event but passed out on the plane. He was taken to a nearby hospital and it is being reported to be a double pneumonia, as his lungs have fluid in them and he has a mass on his brain.

Damn. He really does not deserve to go out like this if this is true. He's turned his life around, been able to go into the HOF, and now this happens, right after he fixed the cancer in his knee. Hoping everything turns out well for Jake.

Ovaldinho

Reaction score
Would be insane in the worst possible way considering Warrior dying not to long ago. A lot of Golden Era fans will be feeling their hearts sink even more

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
Would be insane in the worst possible way considering Warrior dying not to long ago. A lot of Golden Era fans will be feeling their hearts sink even more
If Roberts goes down, oh god if Scott Hall was to go down. That would be possibly the worst case scenario.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Rough news, hope he ends up okay but dealing with Double Pneumonia and fluid in the lungs in addition to the mass in the brain at an age like that is no bueno.

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/jake-snake-roberts-hospitalized-reportedly-002020700.html

According to a report from TMZ, WWE Hall of Famer Jake "The Snake" Roberts is currently hospitalized in Las Vegas, Nevada, after passing out on a plane ride. The report states that Roberts was diagnosed with the flu a couple weeks ago and given orders to rest. He was in pain ever since, but let it ride.

Then he passed out on the plane and was rushed to the hospital after landing.

He was apparently diagnosed with double pneumonia and is in rough shape. From TMZ:

We're told Roberts is in ICU, and his immune system is in bad shape. Doctors are letting him rest for a few days while they take more tests.

https://twitter.com/RealDDP/statuses/505114487381557248
^DDP tweet saying he's been to see him.

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
He's now conscious (was in and out) and is being transferred to a new hospital where they are better equipped to work on Jake with his condition. Hoping everything continues to go good.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
If Roberts goes down, oh god if Scott Hall was to go down. That would be possibly the worst case scenario.

Who cares?

I'm hoping Jake pulls through too, but I don't get why people care so much about folks who they don't even know personally. It'd be one thing if they were still in their prime and performing every week, but they aren't.

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
Who cares?

I'm hoping Jake pulls through too, but I don't get why people care so much about folks who they don't even know personally. It'd be one thing if they were still in their prime and performing every week, but they aren't.
Considering how they were just inducted into the hall of fame as well as Warrior. You think the fans (mostly older ones) want to see them go down right after they got their rightful position into the HOF? Also who ever said it was caring so much?

t4terrific

Reaction score
Who cares?
I don't get why people care so much about folks who they don't even know personally.
Yeah. Why did everyone get so worked up about those Sandy Hook kids, or 9-11. Unless you knew one of them, who cares?

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Who cares?

Because some of us grew up idolizing people. I don't care about most, but I do feel for their situation, especially considering it isn't a relapse that put him there. No one is comparing Jake Roberts to their own family or close friends in the hospital chief.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Who cares?

So because you don't care you condemn those who do? Fuck off, eat shit and die.

I personally won't lose sleep over Jake or any other wrestler passing, but there are certain musicians, actors, athletes, ect that it would be tough to see them go.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
lol I didn't "condemn" anyone, I merely questioned why others cared so much.