Jack Swagger ARRESTED for DUI & Pot

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
pwinsider said:
The Associated Press has more details on the 2/19 arrest of Jack Swagger. He was arrested just before midnight on charges of speeding, misdemeanor drug possession and DUI. His car was pulled over for driving 10 mph over the speed limit. His car was towed and he was released from custody to a friend that picked him up at the police station.
If convicted, he faces fines of $188 for driving 10 mph over the speed limit, $437 for a small amount of marijuana and $1,300 for a first DUI offense.

The DUI charge carries a mandatory court appearance and he could lose his driver's license for 90 days. He could also face a maximum of two days in jail, but could avoid that by meeting stipulations such as counseling.

As Mike mentioned yesterday, the DUI charge will require Swagger to appear in court in Gulfport, MS on 3/12.

Such a twat. At least RVD got to win the title before completely screwing up, Swagger has peaked a bit early here. Some people just aren't very bright at all.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Despite popular beliefe, marijuana is addictive. He just came back from 6 months of no work, so if he was smoking durring that time it would not be as easy to just stop as some would think. Take it from someone who has been trying to quit weed for nearly a year, there are days when you feel physically ill, and even the smallest hit off a pipe does wonders.

Also, DUI does not mean that alcohol was involved. Just that he was under the influence of a controlled substance, like marijuana.

Chriss

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Despite popular beliefe, marijuana is addictive. He just came back from 6 months of no work, so if he was smoking durring that time it would not be as easy to just stop as some would think. Take it from someone who has been trying to quit weed for nearly a year, there are days when you feel physically ill, and even the smallest hit off a pipe does wonders.

Also, DUI does not mean that alcohol was involved. Just that he was under the influence of a controlled substance, like marijuana.

Marijuana is just one more of those things you can get addicted to and with all of them it's really simple when you want to stop. It's like that with drinking, smoking and even with smoking marijuana. It's all about how strong you are and how much you're willing to give it up to achieve what you want. For example, I stopped smoking from one day to another, just like that. Same with marijuana. There were times when I was doing nothing but studying, doing e-fedding and smoking pot the rest of the time and I stopped. But there was a huge difference between stopping smoking cigarettes and marijuana. With cigarettes I had a need to light up like the first two weeks but then it went away. Pot? When I said no, I haven't had a hit since that moment and I never really had a need to get some smoke. So from my own personal experience and from experience of my friends I can say that giving up smoking marijuana is not hard at all.

Ok, now it's time to get at me, tell me I'm wrong and call me an idiot but I think that the fact Swagger was off for 6 months and was maybe smoking marijuana the whole time (maybe even more, he could be doing so for ten years which makes a difference but anyway...) is not a big deal at all because it's not hard to stop and when you're an athlete like Swagger and you have a huge company such as WWE behind you, quitting on pot shouldn't be a big problem even if you are addicted.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac

What a load of garbage, getting physically addicted to marijuana is just ludicrous and imo an excuse. He fucked up, plain and simple, and it's not as if weed is such a terrible drug, it isn't like he was on placidyls while driving, which is far more dangerous than smoking some mary jane and getting behind the wheel.
And I quit smoking marijuana with ease, I was using it for medicinal purposes for damn near a decade, and I stopped cold turkey and haven't smoked weed since 07,

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
^Cold turkey. Didn't feel a damn thing either.

lol, not to derail the thread, but nicotine is roughly 20 times more addictive than marijuana.

Just saying.

Such a let down, was looking forward to the Swagger/Colter alliance.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Good for you guys, everybody is different.

Anyways, looks like Swagger is going to get a free pass on this one, with all the media surrounding Colter & Swagger WWE would be dumb to not let this play out.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
If tjhis is getting negative light from the likes of Fox and people like Glenn Beck, they should just go harder.....Linda's vengence for Tea Party politics ruining her chances at a senate seat twice.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Good for you guys, everybody is different.

Anyways, looks like Swagger is going to get a free pass on this one, with all the media surrounding Colter & Swagger WWE would be dumb to not let this play out.

I was never indicating that you are weak or something, I was just pointing out that Swagger was being an idiot.

Yeah, but had he been clean he'd have probably had the chance of winning the title some time post WrestleMania, idk if WWE will still have faith in him to push him to the top again. I really hope I'm wrong. It's doubtful though. (Didn't Orton get caught smoking backstage and he was still given the title a year after that anyway. I'm not saying Swagger has permanent main event star potential like Cena or Orton but I'd really like it if this didn't destroy his career completely, guys not that bad.)

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
I read somewhere that the fines are about $500, and at most he would see 48 hours of jailtime, the majority of those are based on the DUI, as the possession charge was only $180(guessing he had around a gram to get out without a trafficing charge).

They can still push him strong without giving him the belt(look at Ryback's losses in the title picture for some idea), and if this is the last incident I could see him with the title by WMXXX. With Colter behind him there is nothing to complain about, Swagger can wrestle circles around most of the guys his size, and when booked right looks like a real threat, people complaining that Swagger only says a few words seem to forget that Undertaker did the same thing for 6 years in the WWE.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
It would be definitely be interesting if they just shoved this under the rug and incorporated it into the Del Rio-Ricardo/Swagger-Colter storyline in some way.

Given that the media has taken notice of the gimmick, why not just go with it.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
If Jeff Hardy could get scrapped from Wrestlemania 24 for doing something just as stupid, Swagger is completely fucked and rightfully should be scrapped from the bill. I've always been a fan of the guy, but I just really can't justify WWE letting him get a pass on doing something this ridiculous. It would be completely hypocritical if WWE did nothing and still went about their plans with him with intent to punish him later (when it's more convenient for WWE).

omg kevin nash wtf

Reaction score
*First Post*

I really like Zeb on the mic and Swagger in the ring, I've noticed that the youtube.com/wethepeoplezeb have still been releasing videos (which are quite enjoyable) so I really do hope this match continues. It's a real breathe of fresh air into a stale WHC scene. Alberto Del Rio has been in how many WHC matches in the last 8 months? 4 with Sheamus, 3 with Big Show. Swagger has not had anything since 2010 and I'm really looking forward to it.

If I was WWE, and this close to Wrestlemania.. I'd cut swagger to 25% pay until after WM and not give him the "Wrestlemania Payday" I always hear about. That should make an example out of him.

Reactions: 1 person
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
@ Legion: True. Hassan was fired for no wrong doing of his own, and Swagger is completely at fault here, it's definitely going to interesting to see what WWE decide to do.

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
If Jeff Hardy could get scrapped from Wrestlemania 24 for doing something just as stupid, Swagger is completely fucked and rightfully should be scrapped from the bill. I've always been a fan of the guy, but I just really can't justify WWE letting him get a pass on doing something this ridiculous. It would be completely hypocritical if WWE did nothing and still went about their plans with him with intent to punish him later (when it's more convenient for WWE).

Jeff Hardy was in a MitB match, which had 7 other guys (?) in it... This is a one on one match and honestly, look at R-Truth with the Survivor Series match, WWE know when not to suspended someone and when too.

Different circumstances entirely.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Jeff Hardy was in a MitB match, which had 7 other guys (?) in it... This is a one on one match and honestly, look at R-Truth with the Survivor Series match, WWE know when not to suspended someone and when too.

Different circumstances entirely.
What difference does it make how many other people are in the match? Do you honestly think that the fact Swagger's booked in a match that contains 4-less people really matters at all in regards to how WWE punishes him? Because it really shouldn't. And unlike Hardy, Swagger was actually endangering the lives of other people by doing what he was doing, so it's actually worse.