IWF Debate League Sign-Up

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Italian Outsider

Reaction score
Dunno, since Miz being champion seems to be the hit news these days, I guess we can have a pro Miz vs an anti Miz. Not sure anyways. We'll probably decide once the Panel is completed.

Reaction score
Anti Miz: He's an annoying prick who doesn't deserve to be champ. That's all we got.

Pro Miz: The reason you think he's an annoying prick is because he is supposed to be an annoying prick. He's doing his job superbly. We win.

Veritas

Reaction score
As I said before, the debates in the tournament, title contention, and future title matches will be wrestling centric but all other debates will be open to virtually any topic. As far as the wrestling topics go, we'd be open to suggestion when the time comes.

But, for suggestions, I can use some topics we used in another debate league.

- Rey Mysterio - Deserving World Champion or World Champion based on exploitation
- Did Eddie Guerrero deserve an immediate HOF induction upon his death or was his induction used just for marketing purposes?
- Chris Benoit or Eddie Guerrero - Who was more deserving of a World Championship reign?
- Triple H - Deserving of his status or maintaining his status based simply on his connections?
- Aside from Austin and The Rock, who was the WWF's biggest star of The Attitude Era: Triple H, Mick Foley, or Undertaker?
- Jim Ross - Loyal Employee or Corporate Puppet
- Which one person is most responsible for the Death of WCW (Jamie Kellner is NOT an option)?
- Vince Russo - Does he deserve at least partial credit for the WWF's Attitude Era or was he in the right place at the right time?
- Could the AWA have remained a viable promotion had Hulk Hogan not left?
- Bill Goldberg - Was he a flash in the pan or an important character in wrestling history?
- Vince McMahon or Bret Hart - Who is more responsible for the Montreal Screwjob?

Just a few ideas there.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Was afraid of this tbh. I know that it's a wrestling site but I had hoped for something with a little bit more substance.

monkeystyle

Reaction score

Sure, but he's doing it in like a league style from what I can tell. And while it's all well and good that there will be other topics and I would happily take part in any debate involving a less pedestrian topic but anything involving wrestling is not going to happen. So what ends up happening is every time I would have a wrestling debate topic the other person would automatically win because I wouldn't bother with it and unless they want to write out their shit anyway for their own purposes they don't get to do anything either.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Well, maybe there should be two leagues/brackets/threads/whatever, Block A featuring wrestling debates, Block B featuring non-wrestling. :/

Colin Gimp

Reaction score
agree with morrigan.

though my participation is limited to being a special guest judge. Which i think is justice. Debating with me would be like facing the giant hand in super smash bros