IWF Debate League Sign-Up

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Veritas

Reaction score
I've been given the OK from TIO to create a thread to judge the local interest on a debate league. Right now, before rules or anything are even discussed, we're looking to see how many users would actually compete.

The basic just of things is 2 users will square off in a predetermined topic with 2 posts each (an opening and a counter) which, when completed, will be decided by a panel of 3 judges.

Topics
Once things get going well enough to establish a Debate League Championship (through a tournament), all title matches and Num. 1 Contenders matches will have topics assigned to them by the Panel. The participants of all other debates will be given the opportunity to choose their own debate, provided both participants and the Panel agree to the topic at hand. Debators will also have the option to issue challenges to other debators, provided the match-up won't involve the Champion or Top Contenders (the current Num. 1 Contender and the Top Two who will square off for the next shot).

All Debate League Championship and Num. 1 Contenders match-ups will be wrestling focused. Other debates may be outside the wrestling box if the debators so choose.

Time Limits
Each person will be given about a week between replies to complete their own (the actual time limit will be decided by the Panelists once things get going).

Panelists
The Panel will consist of 4 users (likely Staff Chosen). Each debate will be assigned 3 Panelists to vote once the debate is complete. Voting will be anonymous to the debators and all results will be posted when the entire card is completed. Four Panelists will be used so Panel members can enter debates if they so choose.

If you have any other questions just ask and I'll answer them to the best of my ability. I think if we can get 8-10 users to sign-up for the first card we'll be able to quickly get the ball rolling. If you're interested just reply to this thread, indicate whether you'd be interested in competing in debates OUTSIDE the Wrestling realm, and, if so, please include a short list of topics you'd be interested in discussing other than wrestling.

That's all folks.

Debators
- Veritas
- CMS
- monkeystyle
- Kaedon
- McFly
- MizMasta3000
- Montana
- FabulousRougeauBrother
- Beer
- John

Panel Candidates
-pumpt73
-Enzo malenko
-Knox Beard

CMS

Reaction score
I'm in as a debator

Kaedon

Reaction score
Oh please let me in on this, just so I can rip all of you Mizfits a new asshole about how great this title win was. I don't care what the topic is, it's coming back to him. "Kaedon, your topic is 'Peace In The Middle East.'" "Well let me tell you, I know exactly how to get Muslims and Jews together, let them all take turns throwing rocks at that pile of shit known as the Miz!"

See? I can do it!!

Montana

Reaction score
Might as well join in on the fun as a debator.

Veritas

Reaction score
Enzo, are you interested in debating? With one more guy I think we'd have a strong enough core to start an 8-man title tournament.

Reaction score
I have a pretty decent knowledge about a lot of things, and I know about LSAT style logical arguments. I guess I'll throw my hat in there for panelist.

Veritas

Reaction score
Panelist Update

The Panel will be composed of Veritas and TIO as Head Judges with the two Reserve Judges spots held by active debators. These two Panel spots will rotate every few cards based on who has been the most consistent debators in the League.

It is our opinion that this format, in addition to the Debate League Championship, will increase competition throughout the league.