Is this Kurt Angle's last run?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

CMS

Reaction score
Kurt said in an interview he was sick of wrestling the same guys in WWE over and over and over again, and said there wasn't anybody new for him to wrestle in there. It's the same scenario now in TNA. He's done everything there and on a personal level, he's wrestled everybody there. Now in WWE, you have The Miz, Evan Bourne, CM Punk, Jack Swagger, Kofi Kingston, The Hart Dinasty, Cody Rhodes and I am just listing guys he has never wrestled before. You get a world of options if you book him against your top names.

Reaction score
It might be a nice spot for him to turn heel. he could go through the ranks and say he still feels disrespected by the fans. he top ten voting would support that as well. I'm not so gloom and doom about TNA right now. Still a far superior product to the wwe in my mind. If only for the difference in announcing..

Reaction score
It might be a nice spot for him to turn heel. he could go through the ranks and say he still feels disrespected by the fans. he top ten voting would support that as well. I'm not so gloom and doom about TNA right now. Still a far superior product to the wwe in my mind. If only for the difference in announcing..

MattHardyV1

Reaction score
Only negative I could possibly see coming out of Kurt going back to WWE would be Swagger would have to give the Ankle lock back..but I think were all willing to see that sacrifice.

MattHardyV1

Reaction score
Only negative I could possibly see coming out of Kurt going back to WWE would be Swagger would have to give the Ankle lock back..but I think were all willing to see that sacrifice.

Reaction score
bah, the only major change he needs to make is growing back the beard. A kurt angle shaemus feud would almost kill me.

Reaction score
bah, the only major change he needs to make is growing back the beard. A kurt angle shaemus feud would almost kill me.

CMS

Reaction score
Turn heel with the mission of getting respect....didn't we already see that in his run with the MEM. Seriously, Kurt has done everything that there is to be done in TNA

CMS

Reaction score
Turn heel with the mission of getting respect....didn't we already see that in his run with the MEM. Seriously, Kurt has done everything that there is to be done in TNA

Reaction score
Ahh, I wasn't watching when he was in the main event mafia. I also missed evolution in the wwe, which I'm starting to realize sucks.

What I think could be interesting, and you may have seen this I think it's a common youtube interview, is if he wrestled exclusively in the x division and tried to bring those guys up. For me, I'd just rather he stay in tna to begin with. I'd like for another company to be remotely competitive. And it's very hard for me to watch the wwe right now. I hate some of the guys who are staples of their program, and it really does seem like they are going for a younger audience.

Reaction score
Ahh, I wasn't watching when he was in the main event mafia. I also missed evolution in the wwe, which I'm starting to realize sucks.

What I think could be interesting, and you may have seen this I think it's a common youtube interview, is if he wrestled exclusively in the x division and tried to bring those guys up. For me, I'd just rather he stay in tna to begin with. I'd like for another company to be remotely competitive. And it's very hard for me to watch the wwe right now. I hate some of the guys who are staples of their program, and it really does seem like they are going for a younger audience.

Doomsday

Reaction score
Angle has maybe a year left of TNA. If he was wise he would finish his career in WWE.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
Sadly, I think this will the last hoorah for Kurt. He's done it all in TNA. This could very well be his write off storyline. It's the ending that we don't what's going to happen. Will he lose his title match, or will he win the title and vacate it? Call it personal bias, but I'd love for him and Dinero to meet again. They made it obvious that Kurt's going win this ppv match. So the 2 of them meeting up again would be great in my eyes. Kurt could win the title and start going on his retirement speech. Dinero (who's made his way to being #2 on the ranking list) says he wants one more match with Kurt. He ends up winning the title. Something along those lines.

Reaction score
Honestly, I love this taking on the top ten idea. If he's going to leave the company, it seems like the best way. And if he doesn't, practically every big name and promising young guy in the company gets a spot with a kurt angle that looks pretty focused.

The only qualm I have is that they can still do more to add a little backstory to build to these matches. Who'd he face the other week on impact, was it wolfe? Kind of a waste of a huge match there.

CMS

Reaction score
The thing with this storyline is that is a double edge sword. If this indeed leads to Kurt leaving or taking a huge break from wrestling, then it is indeed genius. He gets an incredible storyline and on a personal level he gets to wrestle with the best the company has to offer, and you just know that Kurt is in real life a competition freak. However, if it is just a storyline for the sake of keep Kurt Angle doing something, it practically kills his TNA booking for the rest of the time he spends there. If he doesn't leave after this, you know Kurt will continue being a staple in the upper midcard of TNA at the very least, but by then he would had faced every relevant name in TNA, so it wouldnt seem like a fresh future fo him