IS ANYONE ELSE SURPRISED..

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

davidian13

Reaction score
Is anyone else surprised at the way the CM Punk/Jeff Hardy storyline is panning out so far with Jeff Hardys past drug suspensions and refusal to enter rehab playing a significant role in the feud?

Everybody is quick to complain about the WWE being rated PG and it being targeted towards kids and whatnot so is it surprising that they are directly acknowledging Hardy's past drug use and in a way breaking kayfabe for those who didnt already know about Jeff's extra curricular activities?

Also how are you all liking this feud so far? I for one love this feud. The exchange between the 2 in the last couple weeks has been great. Im glad to see Punk reverting to his old "straightedge: means im better than you" persona. A heel Punk is gold and Im enjoying every minute of it.

King Of Kings

Reaction score
I think its actually funny. I hate the whole pg thing but making the person that was addicted to drugs the good guy and the clean one the bad guy to me is hilarious.

"mommy can i do meth"

"no"

"well screw you mom jeff hardy does it"

:wave:

The fued in general kind of bores me

Wordlife

^lol

It kinda bores me too, for now, but it'll pick up soon hopefully, cause imo it has all the right potentials.

seX-Power

The feud's been as good as any Jeff Hardy feud gets. And it's really nothing new. Edge and MVP have made drug comments/references in the past.

phantomgerald

It's boring as hell. The feud has been dragged on for far too long without much development and quite honestly, I couldn't care less who wins. Punk's mic skills are good, but Jeff's is meh. He doesn't really interest me anymore.

Oh and the drug thing was exactly the same thing in MVP/Swagger, just that it was about prison time instead.

Gards Jr.

Reaction score
It's a great storyline if you ask me, they have done it well and the little John Morrison interferences is a good way to add something new to it. This feud has been done well and it could work out well. It has been done better then the Edge/Jeff Hardy and MVP/Jeff Hardy Feud.

seX-Power

It's boring as hell. The feud has been dragged on for far too long without much development and quite honestly, I couldn't care less who wins. Punk's mic skills are good, but Jeff's is meh. He doesn't really interest me anymore.

Oh and the drug thing was exactly the same thing in MVP/Swagger, just that it was about prison time instead.

Sure, if you consider a complete heel turn by one of the guys in the feud no development then whatever. I don't get what point you're trying to make with the last thing you said either.

phantomgerald

Sure, if you consider a complete heel turn by one of the guys in the feud no development then whatever. I don't get what point you're trying to make with the last thing you said either.

Yeah but haven't the same thing been happening again and again. That CM Punk have went from straight edge to chickenshit. Week and week again he does the same thing, cheapshot Hardy, lose a match, go home.

And the 2nd line was trying to show that WWE is going more to referring to the wrestler's past, even though it is not exactly family material.

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
Actually, Hardy is the one doing cheapshots. He's attacked Punk, and is constantly making mocking what he says and all Punk ha done is told the truth (or what he says is the truth). This situation could easily swing either way with either one of them turning heel.

seX-Power

Yes, but Hardy could light a kitten on fire and remain face so this is how it goes.

Also the point about going into wrestler's pasts in such an angle proves that the WWE is not 'aimed towards kids' it is simply 'family friendly', for anyone that continues to complain about that.

Airfixx

I'm suprised as to the extent that they appear to be going 'there' with the drugs element of this storyline... It's not the first time Jeff's issues have been brought up on TV, but it hasn't been the central focus of the fued before (whcih it appears to have become).

...But, yeah, the irony that the drug taking, sneak attacking Jeff is the face in all this hadn't escaped me.

It might just be me, but does anyone else think Punk's "I'm better than you cos I'm straight edge" gimmick will get old very quickly without Jeff as his 'muse'? ...After kicking the gimmick of with a fued with Jeff, where else can it go?

Him repeatedly insinuating that all werstlers are hooked on something would get very boring very quickly IMO, not to mention bringing the 'drugs in wrestling' back to the forefront of publc conciousness (Which I'd assume WWE would rather avoid.).

seX-Power

He can include having succulent abs in his 'list of sins' and start a feud with John Morrison and start a feud with him like that.

And yeah I just called JoMo's abs succulent. Do I regret it? Possibly...

Airfixx

...LOL. Eventually deteriorating to "You keep beating me... I'm 'better' than you'" :face-palm:

Looks forward to the Punk/Batista steroid accusations fued.

Edit: In fact, couldn't they have kept Punk face and had him have a 'shoot'-like fued over drugs with Umaga (before his eventual release)? : P

kali3

Reaction score
No but it is boring as all heck!!!