Impact Wrestling Discussion - July 19th, 2012

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Well Batman and Robin was a shitty movie altogether it wasn't just Bane's fault.

On that we can agree, because that movie was just garbage. I mean, who the fuck thought it would be a good idea to a) cast George Clooney as Batman or b) put rubber nipples on the batsuit?

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Uma Thurman as Poison Ivy was pretty hot though.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Uma Thurman as Poison Ivy was pretty hot though.

Not only hot, but she also tried her best to nail the character, unlike everyone else in the movie.

Victor Fries is one of the great tragic figures in comic book history and Arnold made him into a total goof.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
On that we can agree, because that movie was just garbage. I mean, who the fuck thought it would be a good idea to a) cast George Clooney as Batman or b) put rubber nipples on the batsuit?

Yeah I really don't think Bruce Wayne has grey hair and a doll face. Val Kilmer was much better but noooooo some shit has to get tied in making him unable to renew the part. And as for the nipples, I really don't think that's the reason it sucked.

Castiel

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind her either, damn she's hot.

Imagine if it went on for like four or five weeks and each week he got more scared to come to the ring and got a little more time but they always came out to beat him up while he was trying to cut a promo? :lol:

He would be like EY with the pyro! Lol

I can see what they were thinking with Clooney, he seemed like an ok fit for a rich billionaire and such, but just no... Batnipples will forever live in infamy, just like everything from that movie. Seriously, what in the world were they thinking with Arnold? How does he fit the character at all?!

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Yeah I really don't think Bruce Wayne has grey hair and a doll face. Val Kilmer was much better but noooooo some shit has to get tied in making him unable to renew the part. And as for the nipples, I really don't think that's the reason it sucked.

I wasn't that into Kilmer as Batman, but I thought that he did a great job playing Bruce Wayne. If you look at it this way, based on the performers, I'd say its like this...

Adam West - Great Batman, Great Bruce Wayne (keeping in mind the campy nature of the show)
Michael Keaton - Great Batman, Great Bruce Wayne
Val Kilmer - Poor Batman, Great Bruce Wayne
George Clooney - LOL WUT?
Christian Bale - Poor Batman, Great Bruce Wayne

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I wasn't that into Kilmer as Batman, but I thought that he did a great job playing Bruce Wayne. If you look at it this way, based on the performers, I'd say its like this...

Adam West - Great Batman, Great Bruce Wayne (keeping in mind the campy nature of the show)

Back in the 60s a dog could play Batman :lol: Adam West doesn't count. As for Kilmer, I think he did good as Batman especially when he was taunting The Riddler before he made him insane. "I am both Bruce Wayne and Batman, not because I have to be but because I choose to be" that was awesome. I don't know why Arnie gets all the hate for Mr Freeze. I mean his face is white and he's wearing a techno suit. What does it take to play that part

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg

Keaton is key. I approve of this list.

Although I'd say Okay Bruce Wayne for Kilmer and swap Great with Good for Bale.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Back in the 60s a dog could play Batman :lol: Adam West doesn't count. I don't know why Arnie gets all the hate for Mr Freeze. I mean his face is white and he's wearing a techno suit. What does it take to play that part
Wow, way to miss the point I was making about Adam West, but that's fine because you're young so its not really your fault.

As far as what it takes to play the part, how about a little pathos? In case you aren't fully aware of the background of the character, why don't you go read up on him and then get back to me? Or better yet, watch the Batman: The Animated Series episode where they introduce him to see just how much better the voice actor is in getting across what I'm talking about.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Wow, way to miss the point I was making about Adam West, but that's fine because you're young so its not really your fault.

As far as what it takes to play the part, how about a little pathos? In case you aren't fully aware of the background of the character, why don't you go read up on him and then get back to me? Or better yet, watch the Batman: The Animated Series episode where they introduce him to see just how much better the voice actor is in getting across what I'm talking about.

I've seen Batman the animated series but that's just a voice actor. There isn't much you can do under a mask

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I've seen Batman the animated series but that's just a voice actor. There isn't much you can do under a mask
He still did a way better job in conveying emotion than Arnold did, and I'm even an Arnold fan so its not like I'm just hating. He was a horrible choice for the part, but I know why they cast him so its fine.

And as far as "under a mask" goes, don't give me that shit, because Andy Serkis can do more without even having the benefit of a mask. Look at his stuff in the LOTR movies or especially Rise of the Planet of the Apes and tell me different.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Ok then who shoud have played Freeze?

Death Dealer

Feel the Heat
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Big Bully Busick.

Reactions: 1 person

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Ok then who shoud have played Freeze?

How about Geoffrey Rush? He'd just won basically every award for his performance in Shine the year before and he's one of the best actors in the world. That character of Barbosa that he plays in the Pirates of the Caribbean movies is so cookie cutter that its beyond brilliant that he can make it so memorable. He'd easily be able to do the same with Victor Fries and would be just as good of a choice from the Q Score standpoint.

Reactions: 1 person