Impact Wrestling Discussion - July 19th, 2012

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
He wasn't scarecrow though

Oh, ok then, thanks for clearing that up for me. I mean, silly me for thinking the character of Jonathan Crane was actually also Scarecrow, because you know, that's not how it worked in the comics or anything.

I mean, I've only been reading Batman comics since before you were conceived, but what the hell do I know right?

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Oh, ok then, thanks for clearing that up for me. I mean, silly me for thinking the character of Jonathan Crane was actually also Scarecrow, because you know, that's not how it worked in the comics or anything.

I mean, I've only been reading Batman comics since before you were conceived, but what the hell do I know right?

He has to transform into scarecrow. Sure he scared Falcone but he only decided to adopt the character full time at the end.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I must be missing your point, because Crane actually is Scarecrow and even earlier in the film he used the mask to freak out Falcone. But I do agree that he wasn't the best villain for the movie, just more of a convenient one than anything else.
I don't think there's anything wrong with the character just how Nolan chose to adapt him. He ruined him in the way he ruins everything by trying to make him to real. It's just like Bane in the new film, does he honestly look like he's anything resembling him in the comics?

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Dammit! I thought we were supposed to find out who they were tonight?

Good show tonight? What did I miss?
I missed the end myself but you didn't miss anything. Just BFG matches.

Castiel

Reaction score
Too much dumb complaining and not enough filling me in on what I missed on Impact!

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
He has to transform into scarecrow. Sure he scared Falcone but he only decided to adopt the character full time at the end.
That's like saying Jack Nicholson wasn't The Joker because he had to fall into the vat of chemicals first.

Elizabeth Shaw said:
I don't think there's anything wrong with the character just how Nolan chose to adapt him. He ruined him in the way he ruins everything by trying to make him to real. It's just like Bane in the new film, does he honestly look like he's anything resembling him in the comics?
The thing is, a little creative licence is sometimes necessary to make these things work on the big screen. For example, the Joker has never been portrayed as he is in the comics (with the elongated jaw) since that's difficult to make look realistic. Bane's change clearly results in dropping the silly venom necessity that he had in the comics and changing up the mask a bit. I don't really have a problem with that.

Sometimes going for realism works better. Eckhart's Two Face was a lot better looking than Tommy Lee Jones was, even if it wasn't exactly like he was in the comics.

Castiel

Reaction score
I missed the end myself but you didn't miss anything. Just BFG matches.

Ahh... that seems to be what Fight Night has become. All you missed was an Aces & Eights beating. Who had the Gut Check shot?

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Ahh... that seems to be what Fight Night has become. All you missed was an Aces & Eights beating. Who had the Gut Check shot?
Some kid named Sam Shaw, but Aces and Eights beat him down so he gets his shot next week. It'll be fucking money if they beat him down again and it becomes a running gag.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
That's like saying Jack Nicholson wasn't The Joker because he had to fall into the vat of chemicals first.

The thing is, a little creative licence is sometimes necessary to make these things work on the big screen. For example, the Joker has never been portrayed as he is in the comics (with the elongated jaw) since that's difficult to make look realistic. Bane's change clearly results in dropping the silly venom necessity that he had in the comics and changing up the mask a bit. I don't really have a problem with that.

Sometimes going for realism works better. Eckhart's Two Face was a lot better looking than Tommy Lee Jones was, even if it wasn't exactly like he was in the comics.
Creative license is one thing but Scarecrow in a business suit? I draw the line there.

Castiel

Reaction score
Bane's change clearly results in dropping the silly venom necessity that he had in the comics and changing up the mask a bit. I don't really have a problem with that.

The way I look at it is they're going talent instead of size. I've seen many fan cast where Bane is always chosen to be played by the likes of Nathan Jones, Kurgen, or Derek Mear just because they're big guys but they could never carry a movie as a main villain like Bane. Look how well it turned out last time they tried to a big untalented guy for Bane...

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
The way I look at it is they're going talent instead of size. I've seen many fan cast where Bane is always chosen to be played by the likes of Nathan Jones, Kurgen, or Derek Mear just because they're big guys but they could never carry a movie as a main villain like Bane. Look how well it turned out last time they tried to a big untalented guy for Bane...

That's also true, though Hardy does look like he's beefed up a bit for the role and he can do the tough guy thing, just watch Bronson.

Castiel

Reaction score
Some kid named Sam Shaw, but Aces and Eights beat him down so he gets his shot next week. It'll be fucking money if they beat him down again and it becomes a running gag.

This Sam Shaw:
marilyn2.jpg

or this one douchey looking guy?
5752690334_7e8e37551c_z.jpg

I wouldn't mind the first! ;)
If Aces & Eights keep beating him down he would likely cry in the ring until the judges gave him a contract...

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Well Batman and Robin was a shitty movie altogether it wasn't just Bane's fault.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
If Aces & Eights keep beating him down he would likely cry in the ring until the judges gave him a contract...
I wouldn't mind her either, damn she's hot.

Imagine if it went on for like four or five weeks and each week he got more scared to come to the ring and got a little more time but they always came out to beat him up while he was trying to cut a promo? :lol: