• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Montana

Reaction score
I give Chessarmy credit for giving the product an honest attempt. I feel like you've given the company a fair shot (with in Ippv for example) you are entitled to any opinion you want. I don't think anyone has really said ROH would be taking over the wrestling world, and become the biggest company. They focus on the product much more than other companies. You get good wrestling with ROH. You get basic storylines and old fashion wrestling.

It's much like ECW back in the day. ROH is a breeding ground. That how it is now, probably for it's existance. I'm upset as anyone about Black leaving ROH when he is the champ, and i think it's going to bite him in the ass in the future.

The TV show is ROH Light, to try to get more fans into ROH and buy the DVD/PPV's. The concept behind the show was to start it off here, then move to a bigger network in the future. I've had zero problems with the Ippvs too.

Revolving door of bookers could be a major problem. Gabe held down the reigns for quite some time. Pearce ran the show for about 2 years, and now Delirous is doing it. It's not crazy, some things just happen sometimes. I guess in the old terrioritories days, this is how they did it.

As far as Roderick Strong goes....have you ever seen him live??? He's probably one of the toughest guys in wrestling. He bust his ass for ROH and is more than deserving. Charisma or not, ROH is more wrestling based, and Strong has been a staple of the company.

As far as ROH losing TYler Black, I have a feeling he will not be missed in the least.

BUt thanks for trying ROH. I just suggest just have fun with the product and try not to get too stressed about the backstage politics.

Reaction score
I sometimes think people aren't into ROH as much as they could because overall it isn't as scandlous as WWE or TNA can be with rumors of backstage politics. I know that sounds weird.

Reaction score
The thing that turned me off about RoH was the thing that turned me on to it in 2002, the fact that it's booked for smarks. But now that I've tired of the tedious "American strong style" or as it really should be called; "not puro" and fabricated five star matches and terrible audiences it's just not my cup of tea anymore. I will still watch for guys like the Briscoes, Necro, Generico, Steen, Claudio and Roddy, but the atmosphere and somewhat niche crowd booking ruined it for me over time. Pearce did change the style to a more TV friendly, old school style, but the lack of talent there just doesn't do for me what guys like Joe, Punk, Dragon, Daniels, James Gibson and The Rottweilers did. It seems like they've filled the void with a bunch of BJ Whitmer types; guys that can go but really lack that "it" factor.

imported_Adam

Reaction score
When i heard about the pure championship and the pure wrestling crap i stopped reading news about ROH for like a year.. thank god that titles gone now i can't stand wrestling without cheating or something like that.

Reaction score
When i heard about the pure championship and the pure wrestling crap i stopped reading news about ROH for like a year.. thank god that titles gone now i can't stand wrestling without cheating or something like that.

So because of the occassional Pure title defense you stopped following ROH? I understand that belt isn't for everybody and it did have a shelf life but to just stop following a company because of a title belt is just silly.