I give up

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

chessarmy

Reaction score
Everybody and their mother loves ROH, but I've officially given up on this promotion. Why? They'll never be anything big, forever will ROH be known simply as....just another indy.

They lose top talent all the time, their fucking World Champion just jumped to WWE! I know they're a small company, I know they can't get everyone exclusively contracted, but when your top stars drop like flies something is wrong. They have a television show nobody watches on a network nobody gets, iPPVs on a rinky dink website that lag and shut off mid show, a revolving door of bookers (now Pearce is gone? WTF!), long boring title runs, and now to make matters worse they want to give Rodrick Strong the belt. REALLY? The guy is not World Championship material, he is a black hole of charisma and Truth Martini does not help one bit. UGH.

I tap out, enjoy ROH guys, but I'm done.

chessarmy

Reaction score
^ There's a difference between being overrated and being booked poorly. Everybody loved Black when he was chasing the belt, but stupid ROH had him lose too many times so when he finally won it nobody cared, to make matters worse they give him a long 6 month reign and people are just sick of it.

Don't shoot the messenger.

Reaction score
That's just the way things are when you don't have millions of dollars in financial backing. RoH never claimed to be anything more than a great indy promotion and you don't know what you're talking about when you call it a revolving door of bookers. They've had two freakin bookers in 8 years. TWO. And Pearce was there for almost three years. RoH is awesome in the respect that they are the first step to Stardom for nearly all of America's new fresh talent. Punk, Dragon,Joe, Low Ki, Homicide, Nigel (Desmond Wolfe), Spanky, London and Hernandez all appeared with RoH before TNA or WWE. I'd include AJ and Daniels, but they were in WCW in WCW's dying days. RoH might not be able to keep it's talent, but they do discover and present it better than any company not named the WWE, and there is nothing wrong with that.

Reaction score
Agreed. ive never seen strong but ive seen black once and daniels a few times in the indies.

Sounds like a strong basis for an opinion. ROH isn't trying to be big time and isn't for fans with the mindset of looking for big things. Ring of Honor is a great place for young talent to work and grow.

The ROH belt not meaning anything? It certainly elevated Samoa Joe, CM Punk, Bryan Danielson, Nigel McGuinness and Tyler Black enough to get noticed.

People that don't follow ROH shouldn't have opinions about it.

imported_Adam

Reaction score
I follow it here and there on impactwrestling.com and pwinsider.com along with the roh twitter account but your right i don't watch it (i can't for some reason in my area) but that fact of the matter is, all of the good talent have left ROH for the most part (or atleast the well known ones) or are rumored to be leaving (i.e. Roderick Strong, Austin Aries)

imported_Adam

Reaction score
i never said anything bad is going to happen but its more like ROH is just a training center for the talented guys to go to the big leagues (WWE/TNA or even the new Florida Promotion)

Reaction score
Nash wouldn't take a shit on the ROH belt, I'm paraphrasing.

And if ROH is a breeding ground then so be it. Thats fine. They're having fine matches and crowds are still enjoying them.

imported_Adam

Reaction score
And that will continue to happen until guys start realizing they should just sign a 1 night deal with ROH and tell WWE or TNA that they used to wrestle for ROH.

Reaction score
Huh? Thats just stupid. Ring of Honor isn't trying to be WWE and they're sure as hell not trying to be TNA. ROH is a fine product and should be supported for the simple reason of a strong place to work and gain dates for younger talents that need exposure. ROH losing a guy or two here or there isn't a huge detraction from the company but more of a compliment to the talent they breed or foster.