• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
To be fair, that was Camacho's first WWE match I think (maybe second). And he's just as known as the jobbers :p. I think they need to push in against Santino first, have him kill Santino. That should get him over as a decent heel, plus Goldberg's first title was the United States title as well, so why not give it to Goldberg 2.0?

Brett

Reaction score
The thing is though guys like goldberg and brodus clay are 'likeable' characters who had charisma which is why it was fun too watch them win all the time. Ryback just appears too be some emotionless meathead with a pycopathic streak about him who you want too see get a beatdown. hence why i personally don't like his character.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
please show me some clips with Goldberg and Clay showing their charisma.

Brett

Reaction score
Okay maybe not charisma but they defo have more likeability than ryback who just seems like a nasty pycho.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I like Ryback. He's likable to me.

Brett

Reaction score
How is he likeable when he does not even utter a word but just looks angry all the time?

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Okay maybe not charisma but they defo have more likeability than ryback who just seems like a nasty pycho.

Are you forgetting Goldberg came to the ring surrounded by cops, if that doesn't scream psycho IDK what does?

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
To be fair, that was Camacho's first WWE match I think (maybe second). And he's just as known as the jobbers :p. I think they need to push in against Santino first, have him kill Santino. That should get him over as a decent heel, plus Goldberg's first title was the United States title as well, so why not give it to Goldberg 2.0?

He hadn't wrestled more than half a dozen times but it was still a WWE character rather than two jobbers hired for the night. I wouldn't even mind if he starts beating guys like Alex Riley, Yoshi Tatsu, Trent Baretta etc just stop getting the outside jobber tag team face him, would be nice for some progression.

I like the idea with the US title and not just because it is a clone of what Goldberg did. Santino needs to drop the belt and Ryback would be a good choice to take the title in devastating fashion. Could then run through the midcards on both brands before WWE decide what they want to do with him next.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Ryback gets three guys soon, then he will show off he is better than everybody, cuz his opponents will finally outweigh him, by like 3 lbs.

NorthernMonkey

Reaction score
Ryback - The love child of Rhyno and Goldberg. Seriously I've never been too keen on the guy but it's pretty disappointing that around several weeks into the Ryback angle and he's still destroying nobodies only know there's at least 2 of them against him. I really don't see this as entertaining, I roll my eyes every time they announce that Ryback will be on next because it's guarantee'd that all I'm going to see two nobodies get thrown like lamb to the slaughter so Ryback get destroy them within a minute and the commentators will jizz in their pants after. I have never really been to keen on Ryback ever since I saw him as Skip Sheffield in NXT but maybe my opinion will change if he had a legitimate feud but at the moment he's the next comedy act in my opinion.

What would be a good feud for Ryback right now though?

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Ryback - The love child of Rhyno and Goldberg. Seriously I've never been too keen on the guy but it's pretty disappointing that around several weeks into the Ryback angle and he's still destroying nobodies only know there's at least 2 of them against him. I really don't see this as entertaining, I roll my eyes every time they announce that Ryback will be on next because it's guarantee'd that all I'm going to see two nobodies get thrown like lamb to the slaughter so Ryback get destroy them within a minute and the commentators will jizz in their pants after. I have never really been to keen on Ryback ever since I saw him as Skip Sheffield in NXT but maybe my opinion will change if he had a legitimate feud but at the moment he's the next comedy act in my opinion.

Swag it!

Jack Swagger. That guy needs something. Desperately now seeing has it looks like Dolph will split from him. That leaves Magic Vickie all to Swagger. It's no surprise that Vickie does a really good job at making stars. Have Ryback face Swagger, and with help from Vickie, Swagger shocks Ryback and hands him his first loss, then they can feud for a few months. It gives Swagger heel heat and a story, and Ryback will get some credibility by feuding with Swagger. He IS a former World Champion after all.

Either that or Clay. And I'd much rather see Ryback/Swagger than Ryback/Clay.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee

You're acting like there's no role or place in wrestling for an angry, voiceless brute.

He's been crushing jobbers for a couple of months. I agree he's ready to move on (even if I find the destruction entertaining), but lets not dismiss the guy right out of the gate as a hack with nothing to offer before he's gotten to work a proper match.

Kahuna

Reaction score
The routine annihilator shtick is old in my opinion - it has its place in the business, no doubt, but in todays age we have already been through the countless War Machines that have been built in place of a roster spot.

How many Goldberg's do we need? How many Unstoppable Forces do we need? I get it, I understand why they are pushing him like this and its entertaining watching a guy just viciously demolish a couple of nobodies but I think the bigger picture is that once it comes time to go for the gold so to speak, Im not sure if this guy can deliver sufficient results.

He has the aggression and ruthlessness, but how many times have I seen a guy like this come in and then go nowhere? Too many times. I won't dismiss it right away but if history repeats itself, which it usually does with this type of run, than I wouldn't be surprised.

I heard a rumor before his debut, though, that they were bringing him in with an actual cyborg gimmick, like a mix of Robocop and Goldberg.

I guess I'm just glad they didn't go that route. It could always be worse.