I don't get Ryback?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Think an awesome thing to do would be to push the shit out of Ryback have him win week after week to these unknown guys or guys they want to try out and such.

Then next year around March Ryback starts getting close to Goldbergs record. Goldberg comes out some night at Raw and just kills Ryback. Goldberg then goes on to face whoever at mania.

Ryback could still come back from that cause it's goldberg that defeated him he could then start having legit feuds and what not. But it's a helluva way to bring goldberg back.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Or Ryback squashes Goldberg in two minutes in Atlanta and you have a star heel on your roster.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Honestly, there's not much to get really, he's just a generic meathead squashing jobbers. Sure he's had some impressive looking spots, but so have plenty of other big guys before him such as Big Zeke but look how he's panned out. His biggest test is how he handles proper matches where he has to show his full range of skills and not rely on just tossing a few midgets around the ring.

Brett

Reaction score
brock lesnar in real life would for sure beat him in a street fight. sure there roughly around the same height but lesnar is much wider in build than ryback and probably heavier too. ryback would put up a fight (more so than joh cena did at extreme rules) but in the end lesnar would come out on top.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
In "real life" Lesnar would go to jail for assault.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I don't mind Ryback at all but I agree that it is time for him to start wrestling guys on the roster. Beating two skinny jobbers that weigh less combined than what he does isn't impressive at all. It is fine for the first couple of weeks but not for a couple of months. Would be much better if they actually put him against some competition in the coming weeks and build to an actual feud for him.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
BILL Ryback is okay but he needs to start getting in the ring with WWE talent not the local guys that everyone knows is gonna get killed.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
BILL Ryback is okay but he needs to start getting in the ring with WWE talent not the local guys that everyone knows is gonna get killed.

I don't see the big deal with this, and I know you aren't the only one to bring it up either.

Whether they are nobodies or opening match WWE jobbers like Tyson Kidd or Zeke Jackson, everybody knows he's gonna win.

It's not like if he was to face Cody or the like it'd pose any sort of threat.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
They still have Brodus beating WWE jobbers after 6 months and his squashes aren't fun to watch. Ryback's are fun to watch and he is still fairly new.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Brodus is at least gettin other stars to fight against sometimes so its okay.

Ryback... I'll admit I didn't watch at all until like a couple weeks ago and I can say I don't mind. Its kinda fun watching him just dominate. Should see him fight a challenge eventually. I dunno... but I think what they doin with him is fine for now but soon they'll have to up it. Then eventually... the dream feud... Brodus vs. Ryback :p

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I don't get why the idea of him destroying no-name jobbers is so hard for people to comprehend... acting like it's a new concept or something. Wrestling promotions did this sort of thing for decades to establish people like Ryback, Goldberg was hardly the first. It's extremely baffling to read so many people who don't seem to "get it". Even if it might be old school, it works. I definitely like him starting out doing this to jobbers rather than unleashing him right on the WWE's main roster (and subsequently burying the lot of them) like they did with Brock Lesnar. It gives WWE more time to decide what direction they want to go with him instead of forcing him into the main event right away.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
I don't have a problem with him squashing no name jobbers, but after a while it gets boring. I'm just saying i want to see him in a competitive match soon.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
I don't see the big deal with this, and I know you aren't the only one to bring it up either.

Whether they are nobodies or opening match WWE jobbers like Tyson Kidd or Zeke Jackson, everybody knows he's gonna win.

I suppose it seems pointless if you're watching wrestling for the outcome rather than the match itself. As I said before, the fun is in watching Ryback throw motherfuckers around, not seeing if he'll win. That's why facing legitimate opponents is when it gets interesting.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
But how long do you continue it for? For me it has gone on too long especially since he has appeared twice on PPV and most importantly the second time on PPV at OTL he defeated Camacho. He defeated someone from the roster on PPV yet then back on RAW he is facing no name jobbers again. Why switch to a guy on the roster back to jobber, why not continue with guys on the roster?