Hulk Hogan is mad at Brock Lesnar for calling him old? (Tmz)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
Hulk Hogan was born in 1953. In '53, the Vietnam War hadn't started yet, we weren't even a decade removed from the end of World War 2, Elvis Presley hadn't released his first album, nobody had even heard of the Beatles yet, and the current American President Barack Obama still had close to a decade to go before being born.

That is old.
Yep, and he can probably still outdraw anyone. I have no doubt in my mind that heel hogan, even as a manager would get over so huge. No one else from his era or beyond could pull that off. He is far and away the best of all time at controlling a crowd.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Yep, and he can probably still outdraw anyone. I have no doubt in my mind that heel hogan, even as a manager would get over so huge. No one else from his era or beyond could pull that off. He is far and away the best of all time at controlling a crowd.
You must not have watched TNA from 2010-2013

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
You must not have watched TNA from 2010-2013
That was him as a face authority figure. Hulk has to be in the mix going up against a top face or top heel. Imagine if he were the one to have brought in Cesaro and been his mouthpiece.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
That was him as a face authority figure. Hulk has to be in the mix going up against a top face or top heel. Imagine if he were the one to have brought in Cesaro and been his mouthpiece.
Nope, he was a heel too, brother brother.
Recall Jeff Hardy's anti-Christ heel run

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Well you can't do much with Hardy these days. Isn't that the era when Hardy had that infamous 5 second match with Sting?
Yep. Jeff was rather innovative, at least in terms of the character he presented on camera.
The one thing I've learned about Hogan the past 15 years or so is that unless he is wrestling, isn't drawing.
People want to see him Hulk up and tear off his t-shirt. It's as plain and simple as that.
Skip to about 15:00 minutes in and watch the crowd go absolutely apesh**

Reactions: Danielson

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
Yep. Jeff was rather innovative, at least in terms of the character he presented on camera.
The one thing I've learned about Hogan the past 15 years or so is that unless he is wrestling, isn't drawing.
People want to see him Hulk up and tear off his t-shirt. It's as plain and simple as that.

Come on, just think of it:

We'll let me tell ya something Mean Gene! This is Cesaro brother! He knows how to do it the right way dude! The old school way jack! All these new jabronis couldn't lace up Hollywood's boots. They care about all these flips and acrobatics, that doesn't get the job done brother! Good old fashioned pumping iron, taking your vitamins, saying your prayers and getting super powerful like my man Cesaro is the way to go dude! All of you fat slobs out there just don't get it jack! Cesaro and Hollywood are the new megapowers taking over this industry brother! And there isn't anybody who can stop us!

• Haha
Reactions: seabs and Red Rain

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com

Wow, that actually aired on TNA. They were reaching.

• Haha
Reactions: Swift

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Wow, that actually aired on TNA. They were reaching.
No kidding. Jeff hardy put them in a tough spot earlier that year, forcing Kurt Angle to give Bobby Roode the rub in the main event of the show.
Roode ended up smelling like roses in the end, but I'm certain Hardy was meant to take the spot Angle was featured during the main event that year.

Reactions: Danielson

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
No kidding. Jeff hardy put them in a tough spot earlier that year, forcing Kurt Angle to give Bobby Roode the rub in the main event of the show.
Roode ended up smelling like roses in the end, but I'm certain Hardy was meant to take the spot Angle was featured during the main event that year.
That show sounds awful.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score

Doubt it. Austin and Rock out-shined him at Wrestlemania XXX and got bigger reactions than he did and Stone Cold having one final match would certainly be a bigger deal than Hogan having one at this point. As far as controlling a crowd goes, The Rock can certainly do that just as well if not better than Hogan can.

I'm not a Hogan hater by any stretch, but this idea that Hogan is just head and shoulders above anyone else (especially at his advanced age) is absurd.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Lock has a point, but I'm of the notion that if Hogan were to draw, it would be under the understanding he would Hulk up at some point.
Hogan on the stick is what it is, but that's not what people really want to see.
A Hogan match would draw, but there's no send in comparing his value to Austin.
Austin is in better shape and hasn't answered a bell in nearly 12 years.
If Hogan works a match, he can and will control the crowd better than Rock.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Come on, just think of it:

We'll let me tell ya something Mean Gene! This is Cesaro brother! He knows how to do it the right way dude! The old school way jack! All these new jabronis couldn't lace up Hollywood's boots. They care about all these flips and acrobatics, that doesn't get the job done brother! Good old fashioned pumping iron, taking your vitamins, saying your prayers and getting super powerful like my man Cesaro is the way to go dude! All of you fat slobs out there just don't get it jack! Cesaro and Hollywood are the new megapowers taking over this industry brother! And there isn't anybody who can stop us!
This sounds fantastic, like seriously amazing.

Reactions: Senhor Perfect