"huge WWE name" is considering joining TNA (I didnt make it up this time)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kaedon

Reaction score
PWInsider.com is reporting that a "huge WWE name" is considering joining TNA. The person in question is Jim Ross.

His contract with World Wrestling Entertainment
is set to expire at the end of the year and company officials have yet to offer him a new one.

It should be noted however that Ross is considering all of his options and joining TNA is very much a possible scenario he's taking very seriously. He could just as well stay in WWE though.

ROFLMAO!!!

Spity94

Reaction score
Lol that would really suck, specially since he is in the WWE Hall of Fame

Klide

^ ikno right. I doubt he would go to TNA he did so much in WWE he'd be the last person I would see leaving for TNA

Travis40

Whoa......

that's kinda surprising. I hope he stays in WWE.

This Guy

I think Ross wants to retire personally. I'm thinking he probably still wants some money to be coming in, so he's hoping that the WWE will over him some sort of off camera roll. Probably doesn't even want big money or anything, but probably would goto TNA should the WWE not wish to keep him on in any shape or form for that money flow to continue.

phantomgerald

I can imagine JR getting a huge salary from TNA. Tenay is not good enough, fullstop. JR and Tazz would make an interesting combination.

noumenon

Tenay is seriously the most annoying announcer ever... I seriously get angry every time I see his ridiculous facial expressions and tuxedo.

chessarmy

^ lol

WWE obviously doesn't appreciate JR (which is why he's on the B show with Todd Grisham), if he went to TNA he'll probably get a huge salary but also be allowed to call matches THE WAY HE WANTS TO. WWE apparently told him to tone down and he's a shell of his former self now, in TNA the product is aimed at adults and I'm sure they'll "set him free" and let him go back to his old style of announcing.

Go to TNA JR, please, save us from Tenay.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
I'd rather he just not be in an announcing capacity at all in TNA. That's not a knock against JR as a commentator, but he's also been WWE's head of talent relations. Which TNA needs DESPERATELY to have more backstage hands. JR would excel there, even if his commentary skills may eventually wane, his mind for the business will not.

Kaedon

Reaction score
^ lol

WWE obviously doesn't appreciate JR (which is why he's on the B show with Todd Grisham), if he went to TNA he'll probably get a huge salary but also be allowed to call matches THE WAY HE WANTS TO. WWE apparently told him to tone down and he's a shell of his former self now, in TNA the product is aimed at adults and I'm sure they'll "set him free" and let him go back to his old style of announcing.

Go to TNA JR, please, save us from Tenay.

Tell me how JR circa 1998 is different from JR now?

PeepShow

[yt]3jLy1NtcCfA[/yt]

OMFG if he were to do something like this in the coming weeks/months.

EDIT- omg, another

[yt]I3bX0p1gpAU&NR[/yt]