How far can Ryback go?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
No homo, but when you're as jacked as this guy is you should really be wearing trunks imo. How far he can go is obviously upto the booking team, but I hope they actually put some effort and storyline into him instead of the usual monster build we get that always ends with the top face on the brand beating them.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Thought that this could use a bump.

Been impressed by how WWE have booked him so far, clearly they have big plans for him. Good boost for his character to feature on Extreme Rules PPV and win a handicap match, yes it was against two unknown jobbers but it is still a strong PPV win. He needs to continuing moving up the ranks by defeating the known jobbers on Smackdown and then he can take down some midcarders. What WWE needs to do is continue this dominant winning streak because I can't remember the last time they had a wrestler come in and have such a big win streak first up. The good thing for this character is he doesn't just win, he destroys his opponents so he looks unstoppable.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Thought that this could use a bump.

Been impressed by how WWE have booked him so far, clearly they have big plans for him. Good boost for his character to feature on Extreme Rules PPV and win a handicap match, yes it was against two unknown jobbers but it is still a strong PPV win. He needs to continuing moving up the ranks by defeating the known jobbers on Smackdown and then he can take down some midcarders. What WWE needs to do is continue this dominant winning streak because I can't remember the last time they had a wrestler come in and have such a big win streak first up. The good thing for this character is he doesn't just win, he destroys his opponents so he looks unstoppable.

Pretty sure every New guy they bring in has a win streak forever. Hell, Brodus is still undefeated.

JMobile

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Not to fond of "Big Guys" in the WWE. If they can put a good mic promo up to back up the muscle head image, then maybe I can live with it. Batista had it good because at the end, his mic promo to Cena were grade A.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
I'm not as optimistic now as I was when we were anticipating his return. He's just such a cartoon character.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Pretty sure every New guy they bring in has a win streak forever. Hell, Brodus is still undefeated.

But I don't think that you can compare Brodus' win streak to Ryback's. Ryback hasn't been challenged at all in a match whereas Brodus has been pushed a little in his. Ryback should go on a long streak, he should basically do a version of the Goldberg streak just not as long. He needs to continue to dominate, commentators can question who can stop him, put him against the US or IC champion and have him win first up to continue the hype train.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Ryback's biggest opponent has been Heath Slater. Brodus Clay has beaten a former World Champion in Jack Swagger. It's different even if Swagger hasn't been taken seriously.

The only thing I think makes Ryback matches stand out from other guys like this is the commentary backstage during his matches. I also don't think he's earned a midcard title. It's like we should hand this guy the belt because he is big and strong. At least he is more athletic than Ezekiel Jackson... Ugh.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Ryback's biggest opponent has been Heath Slater. Brodus Clay has beaten a former World Champion in Jack Swagger. It's different even if Swagger hasn't been taken seriously.

The only thing I think makes Ryback matches stand out from other guys like this is the commentary backstage during his matches. I also don't think he's earned a midcard title. It's like we should hand this guy the belt because he is big and strong. At least he is more athletic than Ezekiel Jackson... Ugh.

Brodus Clay debuted three months before Ryback so he is a bit further along in his push.

I never said that they should put the title on him at this week's Smackdown tapings. I just think that if they book this right it would be a good way to advance the story if he is given a midcard title in the middle of his win streak. Hell Santino still has the US title, the prestige of that title keeps dropping each day he holds it. He should get the belt if he has an interesting character, can wrestle and get over with the fans. It is early but fingers crossed it works out.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Still nothing to talk about him really till they actually start doing something with him. We get it, you can squash some no mark jobbers, Brodus was doing the exact same thing up until recently.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
But Brodus has always been about what happens outside the ring rather than inside it. His whole gimmick is the entrance and that is what people remember rather than his matches. Ryback has a simple entrance and it is just about delivering beatings with no other distractions.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Regardless of his entrance he was just squashing jobbers the same way Ryback is up until recently where he was having competetive matches with Ziggler, Swagger & Miz. It's not new, creative or even remotely interesting.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Doesn't help his cause that there's essentially 3 guys doing the same thing at once, with him, Brodus and Tensai. Tensai and Brodus are further down the line than him but Ryback is the most talented of the three by far.

The one thing I'm glad about is that he's moved on to actual roster guys rather than local jobbers. It'll make him a bigger deal in the end. If he was to start squashing guys like Big Show in 2 minutes people would sit up and take notice.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Just pointed out Brodus has the winning streak, wasn't comparing the two. They do this with every new guy or gimmick change that has monster potential. Think Kozlov and big Daddy V.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Ryback has to do more than just make faces and scream "Feed ME!!!" to judge how far he can go.

He has had almost as many gimmicks as Kane, maybe he could find one that gives him a long run.

Sugarhill

Reaction score
Not to fond of "Big Guys" in the WWE. If they can put a good mic promo up to back up the muscle head image, then maybe I can live with it. Batista had it good because at the end, his mic promo to Cena were grade A.

Actually, I don't want to see him talk. There is too much talking on both Raw and Smackdown. I like that he comes in the ring, gets fed and simply screams "feed me more!" All the talk before the matches make the show that much more predictable, because you're just waiting for something to be said that sets off the other wrestler and then they start scrapping.

The silent, scary and deadly approach is just fine with me as far as Ryback goes.

Normally, I wouldn't be happy that someone got injured, but that was probably the best thing for him as he would've been forced to just follow Wade Barrett around if he hadn't gotten hurt.