How far can Ryback go?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
I know I'm a bit late on the hype but I just watched guys 'debut' against Jobber McJob on last weeks Smackdown.

He has an awesome intimidating look, power game in the ring, etc. The first thing that came to mind was Goldberg. Yeah, I know he'll never be as big a star as Goldberg or Lesnar yada yada, but I got a Goldberg vibe off him unlike all the other generic big guys they failed at pushing (Lashley, Morgan, Zeke, etc). Plus, with all teh dirtsheets saying how Vince has a man crush on him I wouldnt be surprised to see him end up with a major title by TLC.

Where do you see him in the near/far future?

I sense big things from Skip, can fill the Batista void IMO.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I don't get what he's supposed to be at the moment. He's alright in the ring, makes things look like they hurt (probably really do honestly), but I just don't see where they can take him, unless it's attacking one of the top guys or something.

I'm a fan of Skip though, was since NXT.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
He is on Smackdown so that means he'll be built up squashing jobbers until he pops up and goes against Sheamus and they have Sheamus beat him and we watch him go no where for months until he gets moved to Raw where they have writers who actually come up with ideas.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Theoretically, he can go as far as WWE wants him to.

But honestly I like Skip, I've yet to see his Ryback debut but WWE apparently have confidence in him so I'm certain we'll at least see him get his shot.

Ashez

Reaction score
He can go as far as his throat will let him... ;)

Just kidding, but in the WWE that's really what it's about. Please Vince, and he will please you. I think he has potential, and he also gave me that same Goldberg vibe you were talking about.

chefboyardee

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
briscoebros
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
nxt
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
hes decent.i think he can be a batista kinda guy.strangely i could see him as a face or a heel which is a good thing nowadays.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
With this gimmick not very far, with a proper gimmick he could be an upper midcarder. Like the Batista comparison his first gimmick sucked balls too.

Blujay

Reaction score
From what I can tell he's supposed to be a face. And the Smackdown audiences have been less than lukewarm for him. I think putting him in a proper feud with the likes of Christian or maybe Mark Henry the crowd would actually care. The jobber squash build doesn't do much for you at all. The guy looks jacked and his attire is a pretty cool looking singlet. He looks legit and is very intense in the ring. I see big things down the road for him.

Aniking

Reaction score
Been a fan of this guy since NXT and I've been so keen for him to return from injury. Finally he has and finally he has debuted, and so far it's great to see him back.

I think the guy has a big future ahead of him, but to what extent I have no idea. When I first heard he'd be using the Ryback gimmick he used in FCW, I really didn't think it would be a gimmick to take him to the top. I still don't. He can dominate everyone as much as he likes, he can show how impressive of a big man he actually is, but he's supposed to be like a robot, so I see him speaking like one too. That will be painful.

Right now I see him making it to the upper midcard area.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
For a big guy, he can work, so far I haven't spotted any reason to doubt his in ring skills, and although it's pretty hard to judge of squash matches he did do pretty good in The Nexus and has returned looking like he's eliminated any greenness he had. The guy looks mad confident and I expect him to be a good babyface, a lot better than Big Zeke was in the role.

IA-SteveB

Reaction score
I don't have a specific scenario or feud to suggest, but I hope he does make it in the WWE. He has a great physique and with a little work, he can be a dominant ring presence. They just need to avoid too many David vs Goliath matches with him and do some good writing. I like this guy.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Jesus F Christ.

That clothesline on the Live SD was beastly, poor Dolph Jr got decapitated.

His "feed me MOAR" growl was scarily similar to G'bergs "YR NEXT!" too.

Only puzzling thing so far is the roster watching him and laughing, like what the fuck dudes.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
They are laughing at his opponents but they aren't taken him seriously in the process. I think it's an angle so he can run through half the roster who kind of doubted he could do the same against them. At least they have something to go on here instead of just squash matches. Based off his initial squash matches I haven't seen anything that makes me think he'll be a big time player. Goldberg-lite doesn't look like something that will work. I bet he continues his push until he gets on Raw somehow where he gets lost in the shuffle and completely forgotten about.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I think that he can go far in WWE as long as he gets the right push behind him. As Skip Sheffield he was starting to gain momentum, even with a terrible name, before he suffered that injury and I can't see why they wouldn't start pushing him more again now that he is back. He has a great look, good idea to go with the RVD still outfit to make him stand out, and he actually can wrestle a bit when he isn't stuck doing squash matches. Give him another squash match or two and then get him into a proper feud. On a side note I noticed that he has taken the Brock jump entrance idea, wonder if he will get told to stop that.