How did you become a fan of TNA?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Smartmark

The opposite of everyone you have ever known
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
mickiejames2
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
I sat in front of the telly one day and switches trough all these new channels, and all of a sudden I was stranded on a channel who aired TNA LOCKDOWN 2005. Since that day I have been a TNA fan

MiAMiHEAT

Reaction score
Alex Marvez used to have an article in the Sun Sentinel back in 2002, and I'd always read about NWA-TNA and then he started writing about Ron The Truth Killings formerly K-Kwik and I got a little interested. Was the guy formerly known as K-Kwik really that good now? A few months later I started checking it out when they were on Fox Sports, and it was another alternative, and I thought they were decent.

Also, I was a big Ken Shamrock and SABU mark back then, and when I heard they were having a feud over the World Title, that really got me in to it. They were good back in those Asylum days, and I liked the young talent they brought in from the indies/the way they have guys a chance who never got one in the WWE.

Since then, I've checked them out here and there. I definitely don't watch them as much as WWE, but I usually check our their PPVs when the card looks somewhat promising.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Although I've since lost all hope for the company, I first took an interest in TNA when I saw AJ/Daniels/Joe where Daniels lost the X-Division title. I'd heard of them but hadn't checked them out until then (I think this was 2005?)

I dug a little deeper and I was highly entertained by the X-Division in the same way that the Cruiserweights first drew me into WCW. They had some interesting concepts like the Lockdown Cage Match or whatever its called, the Ultimate X match, the six-sided ring, etc. The fresh, innovative and fast-paced work put on by TNA's roster amazed me, and while I wasn't one of those people hoping for the demise of WWE or anything, I was really hoping TNA would become a real competitor. I had no doubt that they could have.

But alas, that day never came and TNA continues to disappoint me to this day. Its not so much that the promotion is shit, as much as it pains me to know what TNA really could have been. I'm astounded the company isn't dead yet.

Have I ever recommended TNA to any friends? Yeah. I sent a link to a couple of AJ and Joe matches to one of my friends, a "casual" fan as they say. He was impressed. One night, however, we decided to actually check out a full iMPACT show. We made it not even 5 minutes. All I remember was some ultra-corny promo, then saying "fuck this" and played Xbox when the ring announcer introduced someone by the name of Curry Man.

rcoot93

Reaction score
on the wrestling channell caught a ad which showed all these ex wwe guys and thought that I would check it out once sting joined it sealed the deal for me and ive been watchnig ever since although it has seriously gone downhill

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Although I've since lost all hope for the company, I first took an interest in TNA when I saw AJ/Daniels/Joe where Daniels lost the X-Division title. I'd heard of them but hadn't checked them out until then (I think this was 2005?)

I dug a little deeper and I was highly entertained by the X-Division in the same way that the Cruiserweights first drew me into WCW. They had some interesting concepts like the Lockdown Cage Match or whatever its called, the Ultimate X match, the six-sided ring, etc. The fresh, innovative and fast-paced work put on by TNA's roster amazed me, and while I wasn't one of those people hoping for the demise of WWE or anything, I was really hoping TNA would become a real competitor. I had no doubt that they could have.

But alas, that day never came and TNA continues to disappoint me to this day. Its not so much that the promotion is shit, as much as it pains me to know what TNA really could have been. I'm astounded the company isn't dead yet.

Have I ever recommended TNA to any friends? Yeah. I sent a link to a couple of AJ and Joe matches to one of my friends, a "casual" fan as they say. He was impressed. One night, however, we decided to actually check out a full iMPACT show. We made it not even 5 minutes. All I remember was some ultra-corny promo, then saying "fuck this" and played Xbox when the ring announcer introduced someone by the name of Curry Man.

Curry Man is Christopher Daniels so I'm not sure about that but good story overall.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
I discovered that a few months later actually. But at that time you know, the outfit and just the fucking name, it was too much. We had a laugh, but then I think he felt the same little tinge of shame that I did when someone else walked by and saw what we were watching.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Wait, you are ashamed of being a wrestling fan?

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Oh no, everyone knows I'm a wrestling fan. I'm talking about the kind of shame when someone catches you watching something dumb in general.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I used to read wrestling magazines to stay up to date with what was happening in wrestling all over the world, this is before I discovered wrestling websites. I read about the start of the company by Jeff Jarrett and followed it from the first tapings where Scott Hall was one of the big names. The early episodes were shown in Australia quite some time ago so I watched it then, it was a bit of a mess but it was good to see more wrestling. Been following it ever since but the best periods were back in 2005 when the X-Division was flying high and when Tag team wrestling was taken seriously.

Altervers

Reaction score
Not so much a fan of it today but when i caught on with it back in 2003 it was because of a friend. I was very much a fan of WWE at the time and one night over my friends house he just happened to turn it on. The rest was history, i don't remember the exact date but the show he turned on had Rick Steiner making his debut and i was just stunned. While hes not a huge star it provided shock value as it was someone you would never see show up in wwe. Other returns/debuts like DDP, Rhyno, Christian, Sting, Angle and so on drew me in even more.