How did you become a fan of TNA?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ATKOOL

Reaction score
Did you just switch through the channels one day like me? Did a friend tell you about TNA? Did you see a promo about TNA and checked it out? What kept you from changing the channel after you turned it on for the first time?

I personally was switching through the channels one day after I got home from school. At the time, TNA was on at 3 or 4 pm on FSN network. I saw guys like Road Dogg, Konan, and so on on the program. I got hooked when I saw those guys along with Jarrett. I started watching in 2004....been a fan ever since. Seeing them guys from the old days kept me hooked.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
That's pretty much what happened to me... Well not really. Like I heard about the PPV shows they used to have but of course I would never pay to watch them. I just heard about them and heard how good they were so I waited until it would show up on FSN. And one day I was flipping channels and there it was and I was like... aight lets watch this.

And well it was good then. But now... I could careless for it.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
I happened to come across it one day on The Wrestling Channel. It was when Raven debuted at the old Asylum and stole Jarrett's NWA Title.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I knew about it since the first show but didn't get a chance to watch it for the first couple months. Once I had my Family on board I ordered a couple of their weekly PPVs. I liked the variety in talent but even then it seemed mediocre compared to WWE.

It wasn't until they got on real PPV schedule with a TV deal that I looked into them again and I just started following them. I've been on and off again fan pretty much but picked back up when Hogan took over and added all of his friends because I knew it would be a hilarious mess which it was and it was for the longest time. Now, I'm at least enjoying the rise of Roode and Storm which is probably the first time I've been looking forward more to something good than something just horrendously bad that comes off funny.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
I got back into wrestling in 2006 due to Edge being cool as fuck.

Didn't know TNA existed until Angle joined them.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
During the infamous Monday Night 'War' on January 4th. I tuned because it was a live show and wanted to see who showed up after the buzz about Hogan & co joining. Watched it on and off until Bound For Glory 2010 when Mickie re-debuted that started to watch it more consistently. Gone off the boil though these last few months and generally just catch the PPV's nowadays.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
I heard about it from friends and doing some searches a few years back, I rarely watched it and recently watched a couple episodes and it's absolutely fucking shit.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I heard about it from friends and doing some searches a few years back, I rarely watched it and recently watched a couple episodes and it's absolutely fucking shit.

So how did you become a fan?

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins

Deuce

Reaction score
I heard that WWE superstars were going there so I tuned in and enjoyed it so I've been a fan ever since, more of a WWE fan though.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
I started watching pretty early on, when Sting debuted in 2003. So I only missed about a year of the show. And I watched pretty faithfully from then on out, But then I kinda lost interest, and when Angle and Christian came in, I had a rebirth in being a TNA fan. Sadly, now all I do is follow the results and stuff. Haven't seen a show in forever. It's gone down hill.

InYourFace

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
chrisdaniels
Favorite Wrestler
delirious
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Saw the comercial for the weekly ppv's and wanted to check it out the highlights on the commercials looked sic.

Downloaded Victory Road 04 and was hooked from there on in.

Phenomenal1

Reaction score
Read the results from the first show back in June 2002 on wrestleview.com. Talked a relative into letting me order it the next week after I read Hall/JJ, Brian Christopher/K Kwik, & a 4 way Cruiserweight Double Elimination Match featuring AJ Styles (Loved him in Air Paris in WCW), Jerry Lynn, Psychosis, & Low Ki was on it.

Watched it from then until January 2007 when it became Total Nonstop Angle, gave it one last chance in April 2007 before I gave up on it for 3 years. Next episode I watched was the 1/4/2010 Monday Night 'War' episode and have watched it ever since. Although I have missed the past 4-5 shows (including the PPV, Xplosion, & Impact)

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
I was watching the The Wrestling Channel, channel 437 one day and i saw the first show.