Hip Hop/RAP Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Ryan

Reaction score
I won't lie, I've never been a fan of Gambino. I know Drake was also an actor who transitioned into rapping but Drake is far superior to Gambino. Gambino's music just pisses me off. Plus, Drake has arguably the best producer on the scene right now, 40.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Listened to Because The Internet about like 5 times over now and it is a really great album that might take you a little while to get since it is a meaningful concept album. Life The Biggest troll is definitely my favorite track off the album.

Ryan

Reaction score
I was just looking through music I downloaded a while ago and I came across this:

http://www.hotnewhiphop.com/game-dreams-original-version-song.507500.html

The "original version" or some think the Part II to Dreams by Game. Way better than what made the album in my opinion. Remember when Game could rap and he was the hottest thing out of the West Coast. Thank God he wasn't trying to come up now cause he can't fuck with Kendrick lyrically.

I saw this list as well: http://www.hotnewhiphop.com/hottest-verses-of-2013-news.8595.html?gallery-13820-photo-0.

I think it's a joke. I agree with Kendrick's Control verse being on there and Eminem's Rap God verse (regardless of how criminally bad that beat was) but I'm not impressed by the rest.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Listened to Because The Internet about like 5 times over now and it is a really great album that might take you a little while to get since it is a meaningful concept album. Life The Biggest troll is definitely my favorite track off the album.

love that track, but for right now I'm feeling the worst guys allot more right now

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Yeah love that song as well. Has anyone else listen to The Soul Tape 3 yet? Imo might be the best one out of the 3 has some amazing tracks on there. Fav tracks are Hope, Situationships You know, Young OG and The get back. Whole thing is dope though.

I was just looking through music I downloaded a while ago and I came across this:

http://www.hotnewhiphop.com/game-dreams-original-version-song.507500.html

The "original version" or some think the Part II to Dreams by Game. Way better than what made the album in my opinion. Remember when Game could rap and he was the hottest thing out of the West Coast. Thank God he wasn't trying to come up now cause he can't fuck with Kendrick lyrically.

I saw this list as well: http://www.hotnewhiphop.com/hottest-verses-of-2013-news.8595.html?gallery-13820-photo-0.

I think it's a joke. I agree with Kendrick's Control verse being on there and Eminem's Rap God verse (regardless of how criminally bad that beat was) but I'm not impressed by the rest.
That dreams original sounds like it could have been the radio version since I notice he doesn't cuss in that. Never heard that till now. As for that list I knew Drake's versace verse would be on there but it really just stands out because in comparison to what he was rapping with on that track. Verse was solid and his flow is what really made it but it is ranked way too high and not even Drake's best verse of the year let alone the 4th best period. List was meh thought stuff like Lupe's verse on Poor Decisions is missing, Kendrick's verse on Nostalgia, etc.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Loso needs more RESPECT DAMMIT! The mixtape was a killa.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
One thing I do remember is I never got the chance to finish my Marshall Mathers LP 2 review.

After a couple months, I've come to the conclusion that this album makes me respect Built 4 Cuban Linx 2 more than I did before.

Reactions: Deezy

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
@PHX how do you feel about Kendrick getting robbed at the Grammy awards for a white man. Has a black guy ever won over a white person before?

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Felt sorry for him because even Macklemore himself admitted Kendrick got robbed and how some of the voters probably only picked him cause his named circulated in the industry more probably not even actually listening to Kendrick's music. As far as the white guy against black guy thing as far as hip hop goes I don't think so. Nothing against Macklemore though cause it is silly seeing some of these people shitting on him like he actually had control over if he won or not.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Kendrick shoulda kissed up to homos like Macklemore than maybe he woulda got his due.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Have listened to Oxymoron about 4-5 times now and the album from top to bottom is pretty dope. Could see it being in my top albums of the year by the time 2014 is over. Doesn't really have any weak tracks on it. Collard Greens is the closest to a weak track but it is still decent. Gangsta, Fuck LA, The Purge, Hell of a night and prescription are probably my top 5 favorite tracks if I had to pick.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
just got done listening to it :banderas: fav tracks off it are studio, prescription-oxymoron, the purge, hell of a night, man of the year but i really enjoyed the whole thing from top to bottom. Hell i even enjoyed 2 Chainz, defiantly gonna listen to again soon.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I was skeptical about that track with 2 Chainz tbh but when I heard it I was actually surprised by it esp with 2 Chains who actually spit a solid verse. Definitely think Studio should be his next single will probably be his most successful one. It is a perfectly good sounding radio record.