Hi.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Tag Team titles on RAW...

What exactly is the WWE planning on doing with the tag team titles on raw, right now?

I mean we had a great combination of a tag team, Rated RKO as the tag champs. Edge and Orton really stuck it as champions, but now we have Cena (who doesnt deserve to be a double champion) and HBK as the tag team champions. These two guys are fueding into WM23, and are obviously facing off, so why put the tag team titles on those two?

It's been expected that Orton and Edge will too face off at WM, so why not leave the titles on those two, and have them lose them to an actual tag team (WGGT, Cade & Murdoch ... no, im not naming Cryme Tyme, there not a tag team.) so we can get the division semi-running again?

Right now WWE has two options: 1) Make Cena and HBK lose the titles in some rediculuos manner, which would most likely alter the status of either Cena or HBK, or 2) Keep the titles on HBK and Cena as they go into WM, and thus eliminate the chance of a tag team title match at WM.

Thoughts?

xtremebadass

I think they are phasing out the Raw tag belts and making the SD titles the only tag titles, Cena doesnt come out with the belt, HBK is main eventing again, they really dont have an oppurtunity to lose the belts, and the RAW tag belts have had odd holders lately, so i think WWE is trying to get rid of them.

Soulpower

First let me say this... Didn't Cryme Tyme earn a shot at the tag titles at NYR? What happened to that? And I think this has been a case of lazy booking, and one that could hurt RAW in the end. Its goingto be difficult to have a credible team beat Cena and Michaels, because the tag division has no credibility.

Haas and Benjamin could beat HBK and Cena (cheating more than likely) but if that happens then what wouold happen with Cryme Tyme's title shot? Either way, it'll be interesting to see just how the Double Double E takes the tag belts away from John and Shawn.

xtremebadass

yea, it's going to be hard if they try to get the belts off HBK and Cena

Taker

Reaction score
I think they will defend their titles against Cryme Tyme. But HBK deliberatly gets pinned, to lose the Tag Team Championships. Thats my silly idea lol, but we can see that HBK doesn't like Cena and he certainly doesn't like being one half of the World Tag Champs with him either.

phantomgerald

yeah. but if u add in carlito and supercrazy, and kenny and masters. the tag team division wouold look alot better

J

Knowin' how the WWE bookin' goes i see something like this happening

1. Cena and Shawn vs. WGTT for titles...because we can't have Cryme Tyme cause there face...

2. Batista or Taker or both interfear in match...Thus causein' Cena and Shawn to lose...

3. Creates more heat for the Taker and Tista vs. Cena andd Shawn match...

4. Plus givin' WGTT a short tag title run before droppin' the titles to Cryme Tyme...

But because i hate the way the WWE thinks...I have my own idea...We simply have Cryme Tyme steal the titles out of Shawn and Cena's locker room...I mean come on they are thugs for god sakes...I mean come on...this plan is flawless...LMAO!!!

NooDLE

Reaction score
Well, right now on RAW, the tag title division is meaningless. We got a lot of worthy competitors for it, but for some god damn reason all the main eventers are holding it. The tag title started to lose its meaning with the Spirit Squad. Nothing against them, but they never got into an established feud, all they did was job to DX, and help McMahon. Then they dropped it to Piper and Flair who immediately dropped it to Rated RKO. Rated RKO was feuding with DX, in which neither teams are really in the tag division. Then for no reason they drop it Cena and HBK, who are going to be facing eachother at WM yet they are tag champs. This means they will be too busy feuding with eachother to put any focus on the tag titles.

This problem could be simply fixed, have Cena and HBK lose the damn titles, quick. There are many good teams like WGTT, Cryme Tyme, Highlanders, and Cade and Murdoch. Cena and HBK will most likely drop it to WGTT or Cryme Tyme and then they could feud over the belts. Once this happens, it will give some more meaning back into the belt. And instead of something gold and shiney around someones waist, it will have a purpose behind it. Just have Cena and HBK drop them asap.

This Guy

This has been done 100 times in the WWE before, this is nothing new. The tag titles being used to add more too the story. Just as Undertaker & Rock when they won the tag titles as they fueded for the title, and Austin & Undertaker in more recent years.

phantomgerald

the last i remembered was angle and benoit, and rey and eddie.

KANNIBAL

Reaction score
Why put Cena and HBK when theyre not even going to defend them, I think Haas and Benjamin or Cryme time or Highlanders deserve a shot. But none of those have looked like real Tag Team Champs at the moment.

Carlitos and Super Crazy look like the best bet, Atleast in my opinion. But Orton and Edge shouldnt have lost it in the first place.

Reaction score
Like This Guy said.....it's nothing new, so I wouldn't get too worked up about it. I really don't see these two dropping the titles to anyone. The only logical team to take them off of Cena and Michaels is the World's Greatest Tag Team. But that is waaaaaay too big of a push for those two. You can't have two lifelong mid-carders defeat and unquestionable first ballot Hall of Famer, and the best selling, most important asset to the company at this present point in time. Therefore the most logical way to get the belts off of them is for their feud to further and strengthen especially following No Way Out and maybe even following Wrestlemania. Then the two become so fed up with each other that they decide to forfeit the titles, setting up a 4 way tag match for the titles. World's Greatest Tag Team, Cryme Tyme, The Highlanders, and Cade & Murdoch in a Fatal 4 Way Tag Team Championship match in which Benjamin and Haas will likely win. Cryme Tyme in all honesty SHOULD be the number one contenders and the first true tag team to get an opportunity to hold the gold. But hey, when has a pesky little thing like a number one contenders match stopped the WWE from changing plans mid swing before? This is truly what I see happening. Because the only team that COULD or SHOULD be able to defeat HBK & Cena is Rated RKO. But it's oooooooooooooooh so obvious that those two are not going to be on the same page or even reading the same book again anytime soon. And don't get all worked up about the titles possibly not being defended at WM23 either, it wouldn't be the first time it's happened in recent memory. At Wrestlemania 21 Tag Team Champions Eddie Guerrero and Rey Mysterio faced off in a one on one match as well, so it isn't exactly uncharted waters that WWE is sailing in right now.

The Extremist

Reaction score
I think that Haas & Benjamin will win the titles from HBK & Cena. They won't win cleanly though. HBK will "accidently" kick John Cena in the face or something, continuing their feud. That's when Cryme Tyme will get their title shots. Cryme Tyme vs. WGTT at Wrestlemania, expect WGTT to retain.

KMets2002

Reaction score
I like the idea of putting the belts on TWGTT via a superkick from HBK to Cena. But no reason for it to be accidental. During the match have HBK make the hot tag to Cena let him clean house and then turn around and BAM!! Sweet Chin Music and its over. The following week have Shawn come out and say something like he saw his opportunity to send Cena a message and the build up to Mania is on.

Then have TWGTT face whoever, I say Cryme Time,at Mania. Although I will miss Shelton being in a MITB Ladder Match.