HHH's reign= Suck

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MikeRaw

This reign I just can't get into. Anybody else feel this?
And it's weird, because I am one of the BIGGEST Triple H fans in the wrestling world, but this one is SOOOO lackluster it isn't even funny...
It started rough,w ith him hardly even being on SD, and since then, the opponents have just been inconsistent.... A short feud with Edgem, and feud with Khali, and now a mini feud with Dykstra, and soon, a 5 man match... It just seems his opponents (it's not their fauly) havent been able to get a good storyline going with him...

But ya, the storylines are failing, and he hasnt been in many matches, and to me, thats made it hard to get into... Anyone else feel this way? And if so, whats made you not like it?

cmfunk

Reaction score
ya am not liking his run, but it could be better if they would throw big show and undertaker around his reign.

but it looks like were going get one more fued with khali from what I saw on the last smackdown...am disapointed too, I been looking forward to one of his reign since I got back into wrestling too.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

The title reign has indeed sucked one huge, fat, juicy donkey dick. It has been boring as hell (at least to me).

I mean, the last defence of the belt I really cared about from Hunter was back at Night of Champions. Why? Because his challenger actually had a realistic chance of winning. At the Great American Bash, Edge had no chance. Everything was circling around him and Vickie (which I'll get to later). It was obvious that the belt wasn't needed, and that he was doing other things. So Triple H naturally retains, much to the surprise of ... wel, no one.

We then move on to SummerSlam. Was Triple H ever, ever going to lose to the gigantic piece of boredom known as The Great Khali? Hunter would sooner job to Steph for the belt than Khali. It was meant to make Hunter look like he overcame the odds. But once again, oh so predictable.

I can't see him losing the belt at Unforgiven in the Scramble. I mean, Shelton Benjamin, MVP and Jeff Hardy are involved in their own seperate little feud. And THE beat a bunch of cruiserweight jobbers to qualify for the match. He isn't anywhere near ready for the belt. So I guess Hunter wil retain again.

The other thing that has detracted from the title reign is the fact that Triple H is NOT the centre of attention on SmackDown! Edge, Vickie and Undertaker have. Triple H merely seems like an afterthought. You can't really expect your World Champion to be successful if the attention isn't on him. I think it needs to start to be now, because I see this Vickie/Taker feud pretty much sucking. Edge was the heart and soul of the storyline, and now he's not in it, it's pretty much dead.

Anyway, Hunter's reign has indeed sucked, but he isn't the only one to blame. A feud with maybe Jeff or MVP will raise some excitement for me. But until then ... meh.

Enigma22

Reaction score
the problem is they dont have anyone else to give the title to right now on smackdown. they are building up jeff and mvp to eventually get it. no one really wants to see khali as champ. edge is on vacation. undertaker is on a limited schedule. kennedy is out but he wasnt built up enough anyways. umaga is out too... not much else u can do until they build up jeff and mvp...

Sgt Xtreme

Reaction score
This has been one of his worst reigns I've ever seen.

What I would like to see actually is a Triple H heel turn. It just seems unless he is with Shawn Michaels or some ultimate face than he's not the best face in the world. Especially as World Champion! The cockiness, and the world I'm the best damn wrestler in the world speeches we're gold. If they could get him back into that slot. Then there might be some hope for this reign after all.

chessarmy

I agree, this title run is shit and I am looking forward to seeing Trips drop the belt very soon, hopefully to THE Brian Kendrick at Unforgiven. The problem is as BKB said, the only title defense that wasn't predictable was when Trips defended against Cena, everything else was shit. We all knew Edge would lose against Triple H, same with Khali.

Triple H's title run is just stale at this point, and I hope that it doesn't continue after Unforgiven

Klide

agree his title reign sucks even me also being a hhh fan I just think that triple h just needs to get the whc and be heel all the champs r at their best when their heel

WCW Rules

Reaction score
His reign is horrible; for one, it's done nothing for the product in the grand scheme of things, and another, it's a just a poorly handled run. The feuds he's had, barring Cena and Orton, have been lackluster and in addition, his character is just... so banal and prosaic, it makes me turn the channel, TBH.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
It's because HHH has wrestled like twice on SD! and his two defenses at the PPVs. He's just going from match to match, there's not real feud going on here. That's what's making it such a bad reign.

Reaction score
Yeah, he really needs a real feud with a ME and really fast. He made no impact of Smackdown so far, his title run sucks and is boring.

Maybe put in the Big Show to make it more watchable.. but as of right now HHH= boring.

Beer Money Army

well Khali is a bad start... that's not HHH fault if Khali can barelly wrestle *1/2 matches... I thought Big Show would be a great choice after GAB....

The Only problem i got with it is HHH being portrayed as a face.. I think on Mic and character he performs much more better as that.. But WWE couldnt really do that as they are fallen short of Upper midcarder/Main eventers on Smackdown...

Edge (storyline Time off)

Big show (Beating Jobbers.. i don't like this angle as we have seen big show do it some many times, They should of continue Big show run after Mania(feud with Floyd) as it could generate ratings and buyrates.. But after that feud they just drop the ball with him and they shouldn't of)

Mr kennedy - (injured)

Umaga - (injured)

Taker/Edge have been having there yearly feud...

So there hasn't really been any STRONG contenders for HHH.. So i guess they gave Khali that title shot feud so they feuds/injures could get closer to there finish date..

But one thing i know I expect to see this HHH reign to last til S.Series 08 or R.Rumble 09..... (I personally it will be either Edge or MVP)

McLovin

Reaction score
None of the feuds he has been in have been built up well at all since his move to Smackdown, his little feud with Edge was focused on The Wedding, The Great Khali, well it's The Great Khali whatdyou expect. I've yet to see a Smackdown after Summerslam so I can't comment on the Scramble Match.

Moonlight Drive

Triple H has taken a backseat, and that's why it has sucked

On Raw he had a good feud with Orton, an average feud with Cena, but since he moved to Smackdown he has been weak as

Firstly, his feud with Edge wasn't even a feud. It was all about the Edge/Vickie storyline and their wedding, then 'Oh yeah, and Edge is taking on Trips at the GAB too, should mention that'

And once again Edge/Taker was the major feud going into Summerslam, while Triple H was not only boring, but incredibly stupid. Punjabi Glass Arm Wrestling Match? This is Smackdown, not Impact

It's time for MVP to get the strap. Triple H has been shitty since the move to Smackdown, hell, he has been taking on Kenny Dykstra.

KENNY DYKSTRA!

Evil Austin

his Championship run is pretty slow right now but hopefully someone beats him at Unforgiven (rooting for MVP) and than HHH has a good storyline feud with MVP to get it back and that is a feud I want to see....

kingovkings

Reaction score
I am a massive HHH fan but i got to agree his run hasn't been good in fact it has sucked big time.( not really down to HHH though). But that is down to going to smack down and taking a back seat to the Edge, Vicky, Taker feud. The lack of people to feud with. He isn't consistently in matches every weeks its like a match then next week a promo. The matches he has had aren't credible no one to actually had any chance to take the strap anyway i mean Kenny WTF. IMO his best match and opponent has been Shelton even tho i hate the guy i think that has been the only decent credible match he has had on smack down. Oh and Edge that was a good match but again noway he was going to take the belt because of his feud with Taker. All his matches have been perdicatble. IMO i think either Trips should turn nasty bad arse cocky arrogant I'm the best in the business heel and go up against anyone that dares stand in his way of keep his beloved title. Or he should drop the belt. Unless they give him a decent feud (Taker, big show, Shelton MVP) and focus the show around him actually been "CHAMP" if not then i don't think he should keep the belt its doing him no favours at all.