HHHate Hunter? Think he's HHHitler? Post HHHere!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Airfixx

^^^Yeah, like that DVD held any embarrasment for Foley... : pfffffff :

HHH & Foley have had 3 superb matches featured on that DVD (RR00, NWO00 &, iirc, they included HHH v Cactus from RAW in 97/98) in which Mick got to show just why he's the daddy when it comes to GOOD hardcore matches.

Can already see what side of the 'HHH-fence' you sit on quite clearly! ---->>>

gashface

Reaction score
Never comented here before but I think this is the shitting on HHH thread not shitting on Foley. Foley is a legend, not the most athletic of souls but he sacrificed himself for the entertainment of the fans. Do not argue with his sheer brilliance.

Just so I'm vaguely on topic, I think HHH is a good(ish) wrestler and great on the microphone, but I am so fed up of seeing him with a world championship, and on raw. He needs to go to Smackdown, or step down for a while on Raw.

Airfixx

Neither of us were "shitting on Foley"... I was rejecting the idea that his matches with HHH were an embarrasment to him which is fuckin' rediculous!

As for HHH stepping down... He's only just stepped back 'up', ffs!!! ...Aside for a matter of hours at last year's No Mercy he hadn't held the belt for nearly a year and a half.

In case you didn't notice all the bitching last year, it's CENA who's had the title on lockdown in recent years.

1chiban

Reaction score
I agree with Airfixx - Foley had some awesome matches with HHH - I have no idea what matched you were watching Dame1, but it couldn't have been the same ones that I saw

kingovkings

Reaction score
The Foley matches on HHH DVD did not embarrass Mick in the slightest the matches were great matches and showed how good mick was and how good The two worked together.

As for Trips stepping down why? when he has only just stepped up with the title as Airfixx apart from the Lil 24hr thing he ain't held the title for ages. Id much prefer to see Trips or Orton with the title than Cena who held it for like a year.
The only reason ppl are ragging on HHH holding the title are mindless idiots that hate Trips anyway and pull the same he married the bosses daughter shit.
IMO He would be were he is now even if he ain't married steph because he is a talented guy in the ring and on the mic, He also Draws and sell merchandise, sure he has perks and a bit more of say and pull because of steph maybe, But that doesn't change the fact that he is good at what he does and he has earned his spot.

As for 12 titles maybe he wouldn't be 12 time champ but IMO i think he still would and if not it would be pretty close to that amount. Same as if Austin and the Rock were still in the ring they would have hit shit loads of title reigns also but that would be OK for them because they ain't shagging steph. I just think that it soooo easy for people to slag Trips off using the he's Vince's son in law argument, But every one's got there opinion and are entitled to it world would be a boring place if everyone agreed :p

Airfixx

....Totally, dude! I mean, how boring would it be if we didn't have to make the same point in defense of one of the best in the business EVERY FUCKIN' DAY???? ;o]

ollie

Reaction score
I used to watch wrestling all the time - to an obsessive extent - until I stopped in 2003. I've just started watching again and so much has changed, HHH is definitely one of the better parts of 'WWE' now; the problem is, I'm finding it kinda hard not to see him as a heel (as he plays it so well.) To me he should always be the bad-guy even if I want to see him win (if that makes sense.)

Also, he really shouldn't lose the title to Cena I'm probably going to lose a few possible friendships wth this (Seen as this is my first post and all) but Cena just does nothing for me. Both of his gimmicks are insultingly lame IMO. The 5-knuckle shuffle thing he does is ridiculous as well - I used to say the same thing about the people's elbow but at least that was somewhere near original. It seems like they're trying to force Cena into a Rock shaped hole and it isn't really working.

In the draft I'd love to see Kane get moved to Raw with a feud between him and HHH - that would be a much better title storyline I reckon. The old style of Kane/Undertaker of stalking/random attacks etc. would work well with HHH perhaps meaning an incarnation of DX for protection sorta like La Familia. What I wouldn't give for the New Age Outlaws to return :(

1chiban

Reaction score
I used to watch wrestling all the time - to an obsessive extent - until I stopped in 2003. I've just started watching again and so much has changed, HHH is definitely one of the better parts of 'WWE' now; the problem is, I'm finding it kinda hard not to see him as a heel (as he plays it so well.) To me he should always be the bad-guy even if I want to see him win (if that makes sense.)

Also, he really shouldn't lose the title to Cena I'm probably going to lose a few possible friendships wth this (Seen as this is my first post and all) but Cena just does nothing for me. Both of his gimmicks are insultingly lame IMO. The 5-knuckle shuffle thing he does is ridiculous as well - I used to say the same thing about the people's elbow but at least that was somewhere near original. It seems like they're trying to force Cena into a Rock shaped hole and it isn't really working.

In the draft I'd love to see Kane get moved to Raw with a feud between him and HHH - that would be a much better title storyline I reckon. The old style of Kane/Undertaker of stalking/random attacks etc. would work well with HHH perhaps meaning an incarnation of DX for protection sorta like La Familia. What I wouldn't give for the New Age Outlaws to return :(

I guess you haven't seen their TNA work then :X

ollie

Reaction score
hehe, I've heard it wasn't quite up to scratch. I liked the NAO gimmick though. Plus I was an impressionable 10/11 year old at the time...

I do mean to catch some TNA as well, that's shot into the limelight by the looks of it recently

J

Triple H - Most underrated superstar?!?!?

I had sort of an epiphany when looking through some threads and the things that have been said about Triple H...Such as "He's only champion because he's married to Stephanie..."and then i started to think...People tend to think he is over rated because of the fact he is married to Stephanie...

...but instead of being married to Stephanie overrated Triple H...All I think it has managed to do is turn him into the most underrated superstar to many fans...It's sort of a reversal of roles...People assume that Triple H is only where he is because of being married to Stephanie and that it has nothing to do with is in ring ability's..

Now i think if anybody gets my point there going to understand exactly what I'm saying...So let me have it...What do you think...

Evil Austin

lol.. I am a big as HHH fan as anyone but he isn't underrated.. and he isn't overrated I think he is just right.. lets look at his credentials...

Evoloution owner
DX - part owner
many time IC champ
Tag Team Champ
WWE champ - 2X ? I think I might be wrong
WHC - 10X again I only know he is 12X champ but I think those are the numbers ?
RR Winner
EC Chamber winner
and other stuff I can't think of now.. he is possibly the main man over the past decade of Wrestling and the biggest push a superstar has ever had since 98 ? imo he is just right..

MikeRaw

Im a huge HHH fan, probably one of the biggest, and hes by far my favorite wrestler, but IMO, hes not underrated... At least not by most fans... Some fans on the internet dont give him the credit he deserves, but they dont say he sucks either, they just say that he shouldnt be where he is right now... But not really underrating him. But overall, aside from some ignorant people on the internet, hes one of the most popular wrestlers ever, and I would say hes one of the best... So IMO, hes not underrated, but some people need to get their head out of their ass, because he isnt overrated either...
Abd also, even if he was underrated a bit, he's still not the most underrated, because theres more likers than haters for him. Underrated are guys like Elijah Burke, Santino, Umaga, etc who arent given pushes even though they are capable of being uppermidcarders...

J

The point i'm making is that he's not overrated when you look at the decoration he has under his name...All the title reigns...but the point is like you said...People say he doesn't deserve to be where he is...Therefore underrating his talent...and saying it's because of his father in law...

Wordlife

im a MAJOR HUGE fan of HHH, he is so not underrated, nor overrated, hes just a perfect superstar for the WWE, probably the best ever imo