HHH teases the Elimination Chamber main event

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
A mid-card guy winning the Rumble now would mean way more because you can't just give them the shitty "B" world title since there's only one belt. I'd prefer it now more than I would've the past few years. Just not this year, too much star power and I want something big.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
I think relying too much on part timers is shooting yourself in the foot. Cena, Orton, Punk are already starting to break down and they aren't going to last another 5 years strong. I think Punk has another full year tops, and same with Cena before they both fade into part timer ship. Brock is a huge draw a couple times out of the year but again thats not going to last long. They need to build a NEW star. Like Cena, from the bottom up. The fans made Bryan. And he's already about the same age as Orton and Cena and the like so hes not "The Future" The Rumble should be made to make new stars. I hate seeing someone who has already got a Rumble win get it again. Or someone who doesn't even wrestle more than 2 matches a year win. It should be used to give someone the final push to main event. Sadly, only a couple names come to mind when I think of someone who is fully ready for a main push. Roman will be ready in a year or two, as will Big E. Right now though, I think Cody Rhodes is the next big guy. Hes got the name, the ability, the veteran experience and I think 2014 could really be a breakout year for him.

As Chris said above though, I don't think any up and comer is going to win the Rumble this year. The most likely choices would be a part timer, or Punk/Bryan.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
What's the point of scrapping the B belt that has been trashed legacy wise since Edge retired, if you just have a Sandow or the like win the Rumble? That's like compound stupidity on the part of the bookers to put the trash contenders in the main slot for an undisputed world title after scrapping the belt because the contenders an past champions in recent times have been trash.

The title has to be booked big for a year or so, it has to be booked that way straight across with Cena, Orton, Taker, Brock, Rock, Mysterio, Punk, Batista, HHH types not the likes of Del Rio, Dolph, Swagger, Sandow, or even Jericho.

After you do that, that's when guys like Wyatt, Langston, and Reigns come in who aren't already failures

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I can see it from both sides, but ideally you need the perfect mix. Pushing a younger guy too fast too soon causes big problems, just look at when Sheamus won the WWE Title and he fell all the way off down to US Title before having to be rebuilt from the ground up again.

Cody w0uld be a horrible choice btw, he's second fiddle in the tag team currently. The only 2 people that spring to my mind if you're looking outside of the obvious big names is Bryan for the obvious culmination to his storyline with The Authority, or if they actually wanted to build from his MITB loss and maybe redemption or whatever you want to call it, then Damien Sandow.

You're crazy aswell if you think Cena is going into a part time role in a years time and that Orton only has 5 years left in him, the guy is only 33 and injuries permitting could easily go on for another 10 years.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I can see it from both sides, but ideally you need the perfect mix. Pushing a younger guy too fast too soon causes big problems, just look at when Sheamus won the WWE Title and he fell all the way off down to US Title before having to be rebuilt from the ground up again.

Cody w0uld be a horrible choice btw, he's second fiddle in the tag team currently. The only 2 people that spring to my mind if you're looking outside of the obvious big names is Bryan for the obvious culmination to his storyline with The Authority, or if they actually wanted to build from his MITB loss and maybe redemption or whatever you want to call it, then Damien Sandow.

You're crazy aswell if you think Cena is going into a part time role in a years time and that Orton only has 5 years left in him, the guy is only 33 and injuries permitting could easily go on for another 10 years.

Dolph and Swagger added to Sheamus. Such huge missteps.

I agree with DB.

Sandow to me seems like they think they made a mistake or something it feels like his loss and continued streak is some sort of punishment.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Sandow and Ryback are in strange places. WWEs literally invested hundreds of thousands on their developmental as Ryan Reeves/Skip and Idol Stevens. They could see them as useful just because they spent all that time developing or just say fuck it all together

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I find it odd how we are saying that putting the World Title on midcarders devalued that title and yet, say a midcarder should win the Rumble and he automatically gets over. Kind of two conflicting arguments nobody made, but I like generalizing things because I can't quote everyone.

Superpushes seldom work, hell we had Sheamus pushed and everyone was saying "backlash", there really wasn't, more apathy than anything, also look at Miz. He headlined a Mania, and was met with people not giving a shit.

You can push Ziggler, Kofi, R-Truth, Axel, Ryback freaking JTG....anyobody the same way, and noone gives a shit. They had the whole year to get over. Some almost did, some fucked it up. But let's be completely honest here. You shoe horn some random midcarder into a mainevent with very little build you get nothing. Jack Swagger anyone?

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Honestly bet JTG would get a huge reaction

:JTG:

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Anyone saying Reigns/Big E/Sandow don't deserve even a shot at the title by winning the Rumble is an idiot.

Batista was nowhere near ready for that type of run, yet they gave it to him anyways (it was him or Cena, both young cats barely making it on their own at the time), because fans were getting behind him and they weren't afraid to take a chance. Reigns/E/Sandow winning the Rumble doesn't hurt the title. WTF is wrong with you idiots who suggest such a thing?

"You shoe horn some random midcarder into the main event with very little build, you get nothing."

In fact, Cena and Batista both being the final guys in that Rumble went on to win both titles at Mania. In hindsight, it was a great decision by the WWE, but at the time, when the Rumble was all clear, a lot of people thought it was bad because Triple H was gonna bury Dave and JBL was gonna slaughter Cena... or they'd win the belts and would be utter garbage because they were unproven midcarders.

"But Cena slammed Big Show." Yeah? Roman Reigns has powerbombed him... your point?

"Everyone knew Batista was gonna go after Triple H." And he could have done that without winning the Rumble... Cena could have won it. Batista won because they wanted to build him as a survivor.

"Steve Austin won it 3 times, and Cena/Hogan/HBK won it twice, so obviously it's only for the big names." And yet every single year, fans file in line to bitch about WWE making a dumb ass decision to give a Rumble win to someone who doesn't need the damn thing.

Even HBK winning his first one, he wasn't THE MAN. He was a midcarder who was a spot monkey and had a couple entertaining feuds and an awesome match with a top guy and the E wanted to see more. That sounds an awful lot like Dolph... I mean... IDENTICAL... to Dolph. A spot monkey, check. Couple entertaining feuds, check. Awesome match with a top guy? Check.

Make Brock, who only makes 7-10 appearances a year, champ? For what? So we never have to see him like The Rock? Make The Rock champ again? Why? So he can hold the title at red carpet events and not show his face on WWE TV until the PPV he defends at and tears every muscle in his body? Give it to Taker? So he can disappear for a month and show up on Extreme Rules and lose it and disappear again for 11 months? Give it to Triple H? You're off your fucking rocker smoking crack cocaine and chewing bath salts.

No. You give A CHANCE at the title, to one of these up and coming mid carders who people are starting to really get behind. Again, he doesn't HAVE to win at Mania. There's no shame in a guy like that losing to Cena/Orton/Punk/Brock/Batista. But maybe he wins, and it's one of those special Mania moments that we look back on in 9 years and think, "man, that's a lot like what they did with Batista. That was brilliant."

WWE needs to establish their next group of main event players and top guys now. Every time Cena goes out, WWE buries someone who deserves it because they haven't already been established. It's time to stop that trend now. Give us someone who can start to be built up and be the guy so that when Cena gets hurt, WWE has someone new they can trust and not feel pressed to pay John a huge sum of money to hurry back before he is fully healed.

Last edited:
Reactions: PHX and Tapout

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
That was one of the best posts I have ever seen on Wrestling Smarks

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
That midcard jobber has all year to establish himself. Give me a break, what did that Rumble win do for Sheamus? Did he all of a sudden become John Cena? Did anyone care about his match against Bryan? No.

Rumble winner is always going to be a big name with an established record, because Steve Austin winning it 3 times is better than Billy Gunn or Hardcore Holly winning it.

The problem is you are comparing Billy Gunn to Sheamus. The timing of the Sheamus rumble win was just about right for me and it did make a difference to how over the guy was. If fans didn't care about the Bryan/Sheamus Mania bout I would put it down to the title playing second fiddle to the WWE belt.

The problem with the whole "a big name should win the rumble" argument is that they are running out of big names to win it. I wouldn't mind seeing Brock win it if it leads to a main event with Taker at Mania, but can't think of many others who would win it and it would mean much.