HHH teases the Elimination Chamber main event

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
There a few guys who I think could be ready by that time. Bray Wyatt, although not entirely over, has some time, plus if Bryan were to say win the match. Just saying.

Damien Sandow, Sheamus, Big E. Langston(the way he's been booked lately) any member of the Shield. Possibly another attempt with Ryback(very unlikely) I'd really like to see Ziggler win the Rumble, that would be nice. There are other guys, anybody can win the Rumble, would be nice to see some fresh blood in the title hunt. I'm strongly rooting for Sandow though, especially after that Briefcase failure.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Instead of making the Rumble actually mean something, like everyone says they want. The guy winning it should be some midcard jobber? Great idea.
Also, if we are just assuming the Rumble itself is a PPV draw by itself then we are stupid, and putting all those special attractions in one match dillutes them all. Hello? These motherfuckers are supposed to be special, why put them all in one b level PPV that shouldn't even be there in the first place?
Spread them all out, how the hell is jobbing out all those guys going to help your bottom line? Wrestlemanina is the big PPV, not fucking Elimination Chamber, big picture......Think of it.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Could the rumble winner choose to challenge the streak?

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Could the rumble winner choose to challenge the streak?

I thought about this earlier :lmao it'd be hilarious if they made the Rumble match for that instead of for the belt.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
So basically you telling everyone that belt don't mean shit.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I thought about this earlier :lmao it'd be hilarious if they made the Rumble match for that instead of for the belt.
Technically Orton said years ago with the lawyers you're guaranteed a main event. The streak could be a main event but yeah it kills the title

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
So basically you telling everyone that belt don't mean shit.

From a fan standpoint, and a WrestleMania standpoint, at Mania, the belt doesn't mean shit compared to the streak. Almost no one gives two shits who is going to fight for the belt at WrestleMania. But around Mania every year all the talk is on the streak, and who's gonna try to break it that year. We can always count on Taker and his opponent giving match of the night, and match of the year.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Strreak is all well and good, but it isn't going to be around that long. It's a nice thing, but it should never be trumpeted as being bigger than the title. Sure in fans minds, it is, but WWE has to no sell that shit, or that belt will take years to establish again. Took building up CM Punk so Rock can vanquish him to make that belt feel like it mattered.

WWE going full blueberry and actually promoting that Streak means more than the titles, than you just shot yourself in the foot and fell down some steps while the gun keeps shooting you in the face.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Have someone win the rumble say batista. Then he wins Elimination Chamber winning the title. Laughs (I assume heel batista) looks like I get the night off yuck yuck. Out comes taker.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Instead of making the Rumble actually mean something, like everyone says they want. The guy winning it should be some midcard jobber? Great idea.
Also, if we are just assuming the Rumble itself is a PPV draw by itself then we are stupid, and putting all those special attractions in one match dillutes them all. Hello? These motherfuckers are supposed to be special, why put them all in one b level PPV that shouldn't even be there in the first place?
Spread them all out, how the hell is jobbing out all those guys going to help your bottom line? Wrestlemanina is the big PPV, not fucking Elimination Chamber, big picture......Think of it.

So instead of possibly giving a midcard jobber the chance of a lifetime to prove their worth, we should just consistently give the Rumble win to guys who have already established their status in the company? Even better idea!

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
That midcard jobber has all year to establish himself. Give me a break, what did that Rumble win do for Sheamus? Did he all of a sudden become John Cena? Did anyone care about his match against Bryan? No.

Rumble winner is always going to be a big name with an established record, because Steve Austin winning it 3 times is better than Billy Gunn or Hardcore Holly winning it.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Guess it's a matter of opinion. I'd personally like to see a guy who's lower on the roster get a shot. At least give it to a midcard guy who can actually do his job well. I'm sure loads of people would mark out hardcore if Cesaro won it.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
5000 people marking out, while the other 13000 being indifferent isn't a positive thing, that's just my opinion. I'm sure people on here would be psyched is Cessaro wins the Rumble, but it would be like Swagger winning the Chamber last year......Nobody cared.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Cesaro has been working pretty hard lately. They had a freaking contest to determine who'd wrestle him! He seems like he'd be a good choice to have win it, as I'm sure he'd go above and beyond for the company.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I somewhat agree with Deezy but also wouldn't a rumble when give a guy on the rise a better shot at getting over?

I think the problem is that most people are ready for someone new. Personally Cena I'm pretty indifferent too. Orton growing indifferent to but given the right opponent I think he's got a chance. Punk again I think he's reached his peak. I can only watch DB attempt to get the title so many times. So Who's Next? I currently don't see anyone on the horizon. We got teased Dolph that failed. Cody failed. Sandow yet to be seen but looks to be on the decline. Big E I think has some more time before he gets in the Main Event.

Reigns possibly but with your scenario he'd be a waste? and honestly it's starting to get overhyped to the point I think WWE may hold him back in fear.