Heels Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
My man Peep :proud

Reactions: Keith

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
I really enjoyed the first Episode of Heels. The Dynamic of Brothers being on opposite ends of the Street as Characters is something great to watch. I'm shocked Jack shooted on his Brother Ace he just lost the Locker Room because of that decision. It's hard to feel too sorry for Ace the way he was acting especially towards that lady in the Store getting upset as this grown ass Man was stealing. I can't wait to see the next Episode this Weekend and hello Alison Luff in that Church Dress Icing on the Cake baby. Seriously though I watched an Interview by Punk this Week talking about his involvement in the Show and how much fun he had being apart of the Show. We're in for a good Season I feel all around.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Found episode 2 pretty boring. I'm finding it hard to really be engaged or like the brothers too much. It maybe that thing if you take the wrestling stuff out of it the drama just isn't that compelling. This one felt even more soapy and melodramatic. I am liking the Crystal character. I will watch more.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Found episode 2 pretty boring. I'm finding it hard to really be engaged or like the brothers too much. It maybe that thing if you take the wrestling stuff out of it the drama just isn't that compelling. This one felt even more soapy and melodramatic. I am liking the Crystal character. I will watch more.

I didn't mind Sunday's Episode but yeah I wasn't as happy with it vs the Season opener. Jack is falling apart at the stems like his younger brother after what happened at the end of the first Episode. Did it seem to you when the Brothers are in the Bar fighting just before the people were booing Ace and you see Jack give a face like damn can he get heat. I wonder if the Brothers become a Heel Tag Team down the road.

Necro

Hi, I'm Chucky. Wanna play?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
owenhart
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Episode 2 wasn't as enjoyable as episode 1. And the cheese factor is starting to get a little high. I will stick with the show, but not very hyped going into episode 3.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Episode 3 was the best episode yet IMO. A lot of the drama both in the locker room and during the show worked well. They even gave Staci more of a plot. What's good with some of the Jack stuff is your never quite sure whether he's doing what's best for the show or has his own selfess reasons. Hopefully it keeps improving. Nice cameo from Punk.

Reactions: Apoho Creed

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Kelli Berglund aka Crystal really shined hard this Week from Heels. I can't believe she went off script but it was possibly going to happen sooner rather than later especially after that conversation with Wild Bill. She's been treated like crap by both Spade Brothers the past few Weeks and she's had enough of it and I'm proud to see it. Ace injuring Bobby man if that was any other Wrestling Company outside of The DWL Ace is fired and probably is never seen in Wrestling again. It's one thing to go off script but he took his anger out on Bobby because of what Crystal said to him moments and he's acting like it was an accident stop the lies man. I don't know how Jack fixes all this he has problems all over in the Company.

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
Tried it for the plot, stayed for Berglund.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Tried it for the plot, stayed for Berglund.

I can't blame you she's beautiful as well as Alison Luff who plays Jack's Wife on the Show. Man the Episode from Sunday might of been my top 2 favorite Episodes from the Show with one more Episode left! You see the dynamic Jack and his Father had together I know that dynamic of butting heads my Dad and I do it with each other and that is because we work together. I think in my Dad in his heart of hearts he doesn't consider me a Man because I don't follow his Rulebook of being on. So many times we would butt heads when you have a Dad tell you aren't going to find a GF or Wife because you love Wrestling or you like Anime yeah that hurts. Eventually you find out fuck him or anyone who tries to bring you do and forget that negativity keep pushing and do you. I do it funny that for all that shit he had to deal with involving his Dad his teachings came into play late in the Episode saying "Don't Come for my Shit".

Ace is clearly going to help his Brother escape the Florida Wrestling Dystopia Show and go back to the DWL but they need to come terms with their problems with each other and make this money at that State Fair Show they'll fix it all I hope. Crystal man she had the biggest progression from valet to a person with such potential as a Wrestler. She clearly has been working her ass off and it sucks that yes this still happens in the industry of people thinking that Women shouldn't be Wrestling and it's not believable compared to Guy vs Guy. She's going to break the Wall in this Show sooner or later Jack wake up fast you have a Star in Crystal.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Season 2 confirmed

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Awesome I thought as the Season went on and we fleshed out the Characters the Show got better for me with every Episode. Punk was pretty nutty with his Character and I feel his time with Heels and seeing AEW is the reasons why he came back into Wrestling. Season 2 you can dive into so much between the Brothers and how it effects everyone. Let's not Crystal to me has the biggest progression and I hope that continues.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
CM Punk and AJ Mendez are both set to appear in season two of Heels.

Starz announced on Friday that the show's second season will begin airing on Friday, July 28. Punk is listed to return as Ricky Rabies and his wife, AJ Mendez is set to debut on the show in the role of Elle Dorado.

Series creator Michael Waldron told TV Line in 2021 that the evolution of Kelli Berglund's character (Crystal Tyler) in season one opens the door for women's wrestling to be featured more in season two.

“You can argue that some of the best matches and storylines [in wrestling] are happening in the women’s division. There’s that same opportunity for growth and expansion within the DWL, so it’s going to be interesting to see what Jack does with them,” Waldron said. “Kelli Berglund is obviously incredible, and what it would be like to bring in some rivals for her could be a lot of fun.”

Mendez's credits on IMDB already include 2019's Rabid and The Madden 16 mini-series in 2015. She received her first writing credit in 2022 for her work on Blade of the 47 Ronin along with John Swetnam, and her longtime writing partner, Aimee Garcia.

Mendez and Garcia run Scrappy Heart Productions, which has produced a comic book based on the Netflix series GLOW, A Dungeons and Dragons comic book, and the upcoming Eastside Saints comic.

Season one of Heels consisted of eight episodes and aired from August to October 2021. It holds a 96% approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Yeah that Trailer alone makes me think Season 2 will be better than Season 1.

Reactions: Marty McFourth