• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Greatest Wrestlemania Openers of All Time

Suplexretweet

I can dig it. I mean the story behind it, the match itself was great, and the lead up it had in the final match was all perfect. It was also a good way to get the taste of Undertaker losing out of your mouth as well.
Pretty much the whole Mania build-up this year centred on this story. If this failed, the Mania was doomed as well.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Pretty much the whole Mania build-up this year centred on this story. If this failed, the Mania was doomed as well.
Thank you. Someone else has said what I have been saying for a month or so now. I personally don't think it will fail, but then again the other half of me can see it failing just because of reasons.

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Honestly, I'm torn between Bryan/HHH and Bryan/Sheamus. Bryan vs Triple H was such a big storyline, it almost felt surreal when they kicked off the show, but it also made the most sense given the main event stipulation and all that. It wasn't only a great match, but also a huge plot point in this chapter of Bryan's career. In a way I'm really glad that Punk left, because if he would have faced Triple H at Mania, we wouldn't have had this definitive Bryan vs Authority blow off in the form of this opener.

Bryan vs Sheamus on the other hand has more to do with personal preference. Wrestlemania 28 was the first PPV I ever watched live, which was a big deal to me because these things start in the middle of the night over here, and I wasn't so sure if I wanted to sit through the night and watch this whole thing. But when Bryan vs Sheamus ended the way it did, I was so shocked and felt like anything could happen that night and it turned out to be a great show. So it's not necessarily the match that made it a great opener, but moreso the fact that it made me watch the rest of the PPV which is exactly what an opener's supposed to do.

In conclusion, Daniel Bryan really had some memorable openers. You could even throw in a Mania 31 ladder match where he won the IC title and it would fit in here

Solidus1

eXit
So you Are doing this to get Famous Otherwise Why Waste your Time & Money Doin it you know I'm Rite
Like All the others who do it wasting there time & money for a while then Give Up
How long Do You Think You Will Last 2,3,5.10yrs ? Carn't Wait To See
Only made the opening comment coz you come across as a Spam Money Making Site Ad on Another Site You know i'm rite about That
Outta Here cya on Entertainment Tonight :21-1:

I didn't make you a moderator. If you think content breaks rules, report it. Don't do this.

TheWolf

The Artiste
Triple H carried Bryan during that period. He really doesn't get enough credit.

He made Bryan look much better than he had any right to be. Then Bryan bombed as champion and sunk RAW's ratings. It was HHH and Batsita who helped WWE recover. Viewership went up again once Bryan got injured and HHH/Batista became the focal point of the show.

HHH is underrated.

Crash

Triple H carried Bryan during that period. He really doesn't get enough credit.

He made Bryan look much better than he had any right to be.

HHH is underrated.

Yeah, Triple H really know how to put someone over and that match was really memorable.