Greatest Wrestlemania Openers of All Time

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Village Idiot

The Lunatic Fringe
Banned
Reaction score
Only because i'm wondering How Many other wrestling sties you have made this thread on... lmao
mite go have a look at some others & see :facepalm2:

Last edited:

Suplexretweet

Reaction score
Website
suplexretweet.com
No point beating around the bush...posted on a couple of Reddit groups but this is the only site I've made a thread on. Thought the discussion would be on interest to people thus why I created the thread.

Village Idiot

The Lunatic Fringe
Banned
Reaction score
Not if we have to pay for it.
There's Plenty of FREE ONE'S on You Tube Ect Ect Ect
Nice Try Tho To Try & Cash'in on Wrestlemania
What Would Vince say tho :kiss: Better Luck Next Time ?

Last edited:

Village Idiot

The Lunatic Fringe
Banned
Reaction score
There's always a cost in the end with net time wasted on ads ect I'm Sure your Not Doing This For FREE
Or are you trying to be Discovered & Get on Tv & Do Movies :woohoo:

Suplexretweet

Reaction score
Website
suplexretweet.com
There's always a cost in the end with net time wasted on ads ect I'm Sure your Not Doing This For FREE
Or are you trying to be Discovered & Get on Tv & Do Movies :woohoo:
The full team have full time jobs and we do this as a hobby. As a result, we make no money off of this and don't generate anything from advertising. We prioritise providing listeners with top quality content ahead of trying to get ourselves over.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Good tip: Don't join a site and make one of your early posts advertising a podcast. If you have a topic you talked from a Podcast you'd like to put in a thread, then maybe write out most of what you said, mention you talked about it in your podcast, provide a link at the end if you want us to check it out, and then it'll be all good.

But for me, aside from Owen vs Bret as it's an easier one of the best Wrestlemania matches of all time, I honestly think some of the openers in recent years have got the show off to a great start. No matter how good or bad the Wrestlemania was, the opener always got the show started on the right note.

Triple H vs Daniel Bryan kicked off the narrative of the night, paying off with the main event.
The IC Ladder matches at 31 and 32 were great to get the crowds going and both had feel-good moments. Just too bad for Wrestlemania 32 that was one of the only highlights of the night.
Then AJ Styles vs Shane McMahon was better than any right it had to be and is a sign of why AJ Styles is considered one of the best.
Finally, last year, the IC Title Triple Threat was a very fun match between three men who are great for different reasons.

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Village Idiot

The Lunatic Fringe
Banned
Reaction score
So you Are doing this to get Famous Otherwise Why Waste your Time & Money Doin it you know I'm Rite
Like All the others who do it wasting there time & money for a while then Give Up
How long Do You Think You Will Last 2,3,5.10yrs ? Carn't Wait To See
Only made the opening comment coz you come across as a Spam Money Making Site Ad on Another Site You know i'm rite about That
Outta Here cya on Entertainment Tonight :21-1:

Suplexretweet

Reaction score
Website
suplexretweet.com
Good tip: Don't join a site and make one of your early posts advertising a podcast. If you have a topic you talked from a Podcast you'd like to put in a thread, then maybe write out most of what you said, mention you talked about it in your podcast, maybe provide a link at the end, and then it'll be all good.

But for me, aside from Owen vs Bret as it's an easier one of the best Wrestlemania matches of all time, I honestly think some of the openers in recent years have got the show off to a great start. No matter how good or bad the Wrestlemania was, the opener always got it to a great start.

Triple H vs Daniel Bryan kicked off the narrative of the night, paying off with the main event.
The IC Ladder matches at 31 and 32 were great to get the crowds going and both had feel-good moments. Just too bad for Wrestlemania 32 that was one of the only highlights of the night.
Then AJ Styles vs Shane McMahon was better than any right it had to be and is a sign of why AJ Styles is considered one of the best.
Finally, last year, the IC Title Triple Threat was a very fun match between three men who are great for different reasons.
Sound advice. I did a few threads elsewhere but was probably too keen and dived in too soon. Thanks for the feedback though, will take that forward :)

Good selection of matches. We discussed on the show that we have really been spoiled since Wrestlemania 30 when it comes to opening matches.

Suplexretweet

Reaction score
Website
suplexretweet.com
So you Are doing this to get Famous Otherwise Why Waste your Time & Money Doin it you know I'm Rite
Like All the others who do it wasting there time & money for a while then Give Up
How long Do You Think You Will Last 2,3,5.10yrs ? Carn't Wait To See
Only made the opening comment coz you come across as a Spam Money Making Site Ad on Another Site You know i'm rite about That
Outta Here cya on Entertainment Tonight :21-1:
Don't spend any money on it, just a hobby as we enjoy discussing it. Just posted it here for discussion and to get the podcast more awareness. Didn't mean for it to look like spam but I thought the link being a free Wordpress site gave it away that it was a money thing.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Going to go with something pretty recent, but the opening match of Wrestlemania 30, which was Daniel Byran vs Triple H, was pretty good.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Big favourite among our team that one
I can dig it. I mean the story behind it, the match itself was great, and the lead up it had in the final match was all perfect. It was also a good way to get the taste of Undertaker losing out of your mouth as well.