Greatest Tag Team of the Last 30 years Round 1 Pt 2

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Match 1
#10 - The Outsiders
outsiders2.jpg

With six reigns of 475 days Hall & Nash were the dominant tag team of WCW during the Monday Night Wars pinnacle. PWI Tag Team of the year 1997.

VS

#35 - LAX
LAX.jpg

Held the tag titles 209 days split between 2 reigns.

Match 2

#11 - Dr Death & Terry Gordy (Miracle Violence Connection)

NWA_Tags_DocGordyblts1.jpg

The 1992 PWI Tag Team of the Year had 7 title reigns spanning 614 days.

VS

#34 - Badd Company

Bad_Company.jpg

Tanaka & Diamond dominated the AWA tag ranks during their one reign which spanned for one year and nine days.

Match 3

#12 - Tully Blanchard & Arn Anderson

ArnTully.jpg

The cornerstones of the Four Horsemen had 3 reigns in the NWA & WWF that lasted 308 days.

VS

#33 - Miz & Morrison

Morrison_%26_Miz_WTT_Champions.jpg

The Dirt Sheeters held the WWE World Tag Team Championships once for 250 days.

Match 4

#13 - Wrestling's Greatest Tag Team

wgtt-rotor.jpg

Haas & Benjamin have held the each the WWE Tag Team Championship & the ROH Tag Team Championship twice for a total 494 days.

VS

#32 - Carlito & Primo Colon

tag-team-champions-carlito-and-primo.jpg

The first ever unified WWE Tag Team Champions had a single title reign that lasted 280 days.

Match #5

#14 - The Hart Foundation

HartFoundation10.jpg

The Hitman & The Anvil had 2 WWF Title reigns totaling 483 days.

VS

#31 - The Midnight Express (Dennis Coundrey & Bobby Eaton)

midnightstag.jpg

Loverboy Dennis & Beautiful Bobby had one title reign of 195 days.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
1. LAX - The Outsiders are responsible for killing the WCW tag division. Fuck voting for that. :lol:

2. Miracle Violence Connection - Loved the Orient Express, but you can't argue with the amazing matches Dr. Death and Gordy had in All Japan.

3. The Brainbusters - Miz/Morrison were just a good team during a dead period for tag wrestling. Brainbusters were a great team.

4. TWGTT - I don't feel as if either team is deserving to be in this, but at least TWGTT is memorable. The Colons were champions when the titles couldn't even get on PPV (Ironically, just like the other Colons pairing).

5. Hart Foundation - Not my favorite MX pairing. Hart's helped carry a very good tag division in the mid 80's to early 90's.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
LAX - Are The Outsiders the most overrated tag team in history? I'm not sure, but I wouldn't bet against that being the case. LAX's matches with Styles/Daniels alone put them over here.

Miracle Violence Connection - This is an unfortunate matchup because I actually like both teams quite a bit. However, when it comes down to it, there's just no way I can vote The Badd Orient Express Company over MVC, one of the most dominant tag teams in the history of Puro.

Brainbusters - Do I really need to come up with a reason for this one? Tully and Arn are among the greatest tag teams of all time and should be high favourites to win this whole thing.

TWGTT - Ha, from one of the most overrated of all time in The Outsiders to one of the most overrated currently in TWGTT. Unfortunately I have to vote for them because there's no justification for picking the Colons, but I don't expect the winner of this to get past the next round.

Hart Foundation - No brainer here. Unlike 1986, I like the Condry/Eaton pairing, but they pale in comparison to the Foundation, one of the better WWF tag teams during the 80's.

Gentleman Jake

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
No love for the Outsiders so far. Makes me sad because they are my favorite of all time but I am the wrestling fan that is way more into charisma and promos then I am in ring ability I have always been that way since I started watching in 1983.

Reaction score
LAX - Are The Outsiders the most overrated tag team in history? I'm not sure, but I wouldn't bet against that being the case. LAX's matches with Styles/Daniels alone put them over here.

I don't see any other real option. The New Age Outlaws sucked, but they at least had the fun intro and brought attention to the tag team division when there wasn't a lot to be excited about. The Outsiders had shitty matches, rarely defended the belts, killed off their competition, had reigns filled with Dusty finishes and by time they were done, the tag division was put into a coma until WCW restarted the division in 1999.

They were, without question, the single most detrimental team in the history of tag team history. There wasn't another tag division that was hurt more by a team than WCW with the Outsiders.

Gentleman Jake

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Brothers of Destruction would rank high on my list of overrated tag teams but I get your points about Hall & Nash but I am a Hall mark and always will be

Reaction score
I think with the Brothers of Destruction, they were never really a full time team. They were either part time or they were teaming on a regular basis for such a short amount of time. I mean really, when were they teaming? Most of 2001 and every once in awhile from 2006-2009ish?

I don't know if they're in this tournament, but I never even think of them much as a tag team.

Gentleman Jake

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
They aren't they didn't hold the belts long enough

Gentleman Jake

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Just setting the participants is based on teams that had reigns that totaled at least 180 days but voting wise it's whoever you want. I feel I got just about every team anyone would consider except Zybysco and Arn and The Hollywood Blondes

Reaction score
The Colons are in this, but the Hollywood Blondes aren't? Yikes.

Gentleman Jake

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
What criteria would you have used? Just wondering.

Reaction score
Well, I guess it depends on if this is kayfabe base (Titles, how well known, amounts of wins, ect) or more shoot base (Who had the best matches, length of team being together, amount of quality). I imagine people are voting for this somewhere in the middle. So I think it's a matter of figuring out the 32 (I suppose that's how many teams are in this?) best teams when it comes to putting on great matches (Ricky Steamboat and Shane Douglas for example) and kayfabe accomplishments (LOD despite not having many good matches).

The easiest way is to allow the posters to nominate teams. That way, the seeding is done strictly based on the amount of nominations you receive.

Gentleman Jake

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Sadly I know how this place works and that wouldn't have gone to well so I just tried to look at longest reigns and such it's currently at 38 teams but I am gonna make a few of them triple threats cuz looking over some stuff I see a few teams I should add. Who knows I may add THe Hollywood Blondes in a triple threat. I really just did this cuz I love tag team wrestling and wanting to show some love. If something like this turns up on WC then they could def go with the nominating. Maybe after this one is over maybe I will do one at WC.

Reaction score
With the size of this board, just coming up with the teams yourself is the way to go. I think so far, four people or so have even voted? So this is just a fun little random thing to generate a little discussion and add a few more posts to the post count. Most of my "Complaints" are mostly just there for discussion means.

WC did one last year. So I'm curious to see how this one turns out as the WC one had some surprising upsets because WC mostly voted based on match quality than legacy. (IE. The Rockers easily beat the Road Warriors).

Status
Not open for further replies.