Grand Theft Auto V *Official Discussion Thread*

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Weez

Reaction score
It's impossible to find these without a guide though. Looking for 50 pieces of paper (hard to find a piece of paper as is) in a map the size of GTA is impossible.

When I talk about exploring, I'd like to see things other than collectibles that have an impact on the game. Perhaps money stashes, new guns, stat increasers (sorta like Crackdown Orbs), sell-able things (like flowers/meat on RDR) or mission related objects (kinda like the flower/meat hunt missions on RDR).

Still an amazing game tho, just a minor complaint.

IMpossible? No. Unlikely? Yes.

I think they've done Stat increases perfectly. It's what San Andreas should have been. Do Shit and doing shit makes you better at shit. Pretty simple and perfect imo.

While just thinking about it a little bit, it'd been kinda cool if you could raid meth labs and drug houses, and make money having Trevor sell them thru his people lol. Btw, that could very well be, I've only put in about 10 hours or so thus far, just sayin.

I like the little things, like being able to take out an Armored truck and make a few grand randomly should you decide to do so. Finding passers-by and taking them to the Cult for a few grand. These are the "collections" imo. I've also heard there are things that will only open once you've 100% all of the story missions, but I can't personally verify that.

While hunting is a little side mission thing in this game, I don't think selling meat, flowers and pelts really fits into this game. At all. I loved RDR, but this is a different beast.

Ben

Reaction score
Finished up the main story the other day. If you don't pick option C you have no soul.

I did all the Stranger Missions, but still have quite a bit of the more time consuming side stuff to do.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
[MENTION=2245]Rated R Superstar[/MENTION] Tell me when you wanna play and we can until the NHL season starts tonight :mark:

I'm TeamBlack43, by the way

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
I got the game a week late as the hype was dying and finished it a few days ago, starting my climb to 100%.

For anyone still sitting on the fence, GTA 5 has a few faults like how the flying controls are still dreadful and they added a pointless stats system to the heist missions which makes it seem like heists don't come up enough. But it's still superior to GTA 4 in just about every area. The city is bigger, brighter, colourful, more varied and interesting which is what GTA needs. Cars handle much better, the characters more likeable and with their own story arcs, the missions are more varied and memorable, and there are some nice callbacks to previous games if you're paying attention. Also the game doesn't crawl through tutorials for the first 3 hours with a mission for each mechanic. It's a long game with little wasted space.

Basically, Rockstar learned from The Ballad of Gay Tony here. There's only one big complaint I have though. Outside of missions you're free to do whatever the hell you want WITH who you want, but the missions usually involve going from A-B-C and switching characters for tactical action is usually not an option or only happens when the game says you should do it. It's still entertaining and well written enough to keep you going, but it's a shame how much you do what the game says during missions for a game that encourages you to play at your own leisure.

Ben

Reaction score
Pretty much done with everything single player at this point. Was thinking about going for 100% but can't bring myself to do the tedious task of finding space ship parts and letters plus all the stunt jumps. Finally was able to get online to work so I'm going to jump in on that for a bit.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
My friend was playin' and he had to find some nuclear waste in the water and it was lame as fuck. I mean the ocean looks awesome but I started laughin' at it after it took him like 5 minutes to get out there and find the first nuclear garbage.. and then it said 1/30... I mean give me a break. That sounded so incredibly borin' and swimmin' on all video games is usually never fun. Good thing my laughter got him to doing somethin' more interestin' on the game like drivin' like a maniac.

Last edited:

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I think I'm going to try and go for the 100% just to see whatever mystery gets solved when you complete it.

So far i've done all the single player missions, replayed the final 2 missions so that I could kill Michael and Trevor (those were both fucking cold) collected all the nuclear barrels, races etc. I've got three properties left to buy which are all the expensive ones.

I'm probably going to find an online guide soon to get to 100% because I feel like i'm at the point now where i'm not going to get any further on my own. According to in game I'm at 83% which 6 Hobbies & Pastimes, 2 Strangers and Freaks and 11 Miscellaneous left to do which I have no idea what most of them are.

Loved the game though, was dubious for quite a way through it about the three characters and constantly switching between them but I ended up coming round to them and liked that addition. Obviously Franklin was the weakest character given he's literally the same guy we see almost every game, poor hood dude who makes it to the top.

Them finally adding the feature to be able to replay missions and the strangers and freaks is one of the best things they've done in my opinion, nothing worse than having to replay the game through from the start just to play one or two great missions. Also love how they added in the planning phases for some of the missions, just wish they added loads more.

I don't know if it's just me or if anyone else feels the same, but I feel though as adding in all of those individual stats was utterly pointless. Like I never specifically trained either of them to get better in that department and I still finished the game with ease so i'm not entirely sure what the point of it is really.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
I eventually got 100%. There's a lot to do but I passed the time watching Youtube on my laptop while getting the collectibles. There is a mission that unlocks AFTER 100% but if you didn't obsess over San Andreas easter eggs back in the day it might not make sense.

The stats system is kinda pointless but kept because the original SA had one too, one that was actually cool because it had attributes like Strength and Body Fat which could even degrade over time depending on how you manage CJ's life (eating, going to the gym, running in general). Even then it didn't get in the way nearly as much as GTA 4 and wasn't a game breaker. Bringing it back for GTA 5 probably made sense but I don't think the game was designed with the stats system in mind much, the gimmick this time was character switching and special abilities.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
HEY YO

Being we're a wrestling forum and a bunch of us play this game, I figured i'd go ahead and make a crew for online play just for the hell of it. The plan is to don the pro-wrestling masks you can buy at whatever level they become available. If you wanna join, feel free and we should arrange a meetup and get a bunch of us online together

Rockstar Games Social Club - Los Conquistadores

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
HEY YO

Being we're a wrestling forum and a bunch of us play this game, I figured i'd go ahead and make a crew for online play just for the hell of it. The plan is to don the pro-wrestling masks you can buy at whatever level they become available. If you wanna join, feel free and we should arrange a meetup and get a bunch of us online together

Rockstar Games Social Club - Los Conquistadores

Are you on ps3 or Xbox 360?