Grand Theft Auto V *Official Discussion Thread*

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Fuck do I suck at flying. Was bad at it in 4 and I'm having issues again .

As for characters so far Trevor and Michael are my favorite really not a fan of Franklin as I've found most of his mission pretty blah....and his whole story is just overdone.

I think his story is lacking because it's the same basic story of the past games. Grunt works his way to the top. Micheal has been to the top and reworking so it changes that up. Trevors is revenge so it's got an angle.

Agree with AF so far nothing really makes me want to explore. I find it really lacking their.

Ben

Reaction score
I powered through 30 of the main missions really quick so I've been trying to hit up some of the side stuff. Stranger missions are cool and the rampage missions for Trevor are awesome. Golf, tennis, ect are fun at first but they really lack any long term appeal for me at least.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
I think his story is lacking because it's the same basic story of the past games. Grunt works his way to the top. Micheal has been to the top and reworking so it changes that up. Trevors is revenge so it's got an angle.

Agree with AF so far nothing really makes me want to explore. I find it really lacking their.

That statement really makes me rethink getting this game. Exploration is key to me atleast in any open world game, its why Spider-Man 2 still holds up so well.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Not too many collectables other then the alien shit and the papers. But that's something. I just tour around looking for events.

AF.

Reaction score
Just spent a good 3 hour session on the game and probably did 3 main missions and maybe 3 side missions. A lot of that time was spent just roaming around which was cool.

Hunting is pretty awesome for those who haven't tried it yet. Definitely give it a go.

But yeah, the exploration side of things is still letting me down. You would think with the years and $ that have gone into making this game and the amazing world they could have put a few more things in it. It's almost like a lot of it has gone to waste.

AF.

Reaction score
I hate it when I try to make money and then die only to lose it. Did a random encounter, killed probably 15 gang members only to be ran over by a stupid driver after. Lost $25,000.

Weez

Reaction score
That statement really makes me rethink getting this game. Exploration is key to me atleast in any open world game, its why Spider-Man 2 still holds up so well.

I'm so glad you mentioned Spiderman 2.Fuck, I loved that game. I was actually playing GTA V the other night and commenting to a friend that I'm playing much like I did Spiderman 2, just driving around, looking at shit, stopping or helping random crimes, exploring. But I might have a special angle on it. Having lived in LA and the general Southern California area, I keep finding great nods to real locations and different sections Of the region and it's making it that much better for me, but maybe that's just me lol.

The ONLY complaint I have thus far is that the shooting mechanics while driving suck, otherwise, it's much more than I hoped for.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
I'm so glad you mentioned Spiderman 2.Fuck, I loved that game. I was actually playing GTA V the other night and commenting to a friend that I'm playing much like I did Spiderman 2, just driving around, looking at shit, stopping or helping random crimes, exploring. But I might have a special angle on it. Having lived in LA and the general Southern California area, I keep finding great nods to real locations and different sections Of the region and it's making it that much better for me, but maybe that's just me lol.

The ONLY complaint I have thus far is that the shooting mechanics while driving suck, otherwise, it's much more than I hoped for.

Spider-Man 2 is the only PS2 title I still own. Graphically it wont hold up, but mechanically it is one of the greatest open world games I have ever played. Still havnt found every collectable in the game, and my favorite band does the soundtrack for it too.

It just worries me that Rockstar didn't include more collectables, personally if I spent that much time making a beautiful, expansive city, then I would want to include collectables to try and get people to view all that hard work. I doubt it actually takes away from the experience, or makes it less of a game, its simply an activity I enjoy.

Weez

Reaction score
Spider-Man 2 is the only PS2 title I still own. Graphically it wont hold up, but mechanically it is one of the greatest open world games I have ever played. Still havnt found every collectable in the game, and my favorite band does the soundtrack for it too.

It just worries me that Rockstar didn't include more collectables, personally if I spent that much time making a beautiful, expansive city, then I would want to include collectables to try and get people to view all that hard work. I doubt it actually takes away from the experience, or makes it less of a game, its simply an activity I enjoy.

Well, I just came across some piece of an investigation that if you get all the pieces, you'll solve a murder. It's 100 pieces. That's something at least lol.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Theres by far more extra's on this than any other GTA game. Plus theres only so much you can do on decade old software. Creating a huge ass world with amazing graphics, random people, random missions etc and a huge ass storyline with 3 characters...and its still not enough for some.

AF.

Reaction score
Well, I just came across some piece of an investigation that if you get all the pieces, you'll solve a murder. It's 100 pieces. That's something at least lol.

It's impossible to find these without a guide though. Looking for 50 pieces of paper (hard to find a piece of paper as is) in a map the size of GTA is impossible.

When I talk about exploring, I'd like to see things other than collectibles that have an impact on the game. Perhaps money stashes, new guns, stat increasers (sorta like Crackdown Orbs), sell-able things (like flowers/meat on RDR) or mission related objects (kinda like the flower/meat hunt missions on RDR).

Still an amazing game tho, just a minor complaint.