• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Gotham series on FOX

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
0 chance he turns into Joker, that's moronic.

I loved this last episode, looking forward to more Nygma next week being back in the picture alongside the Arkham angle continuing. I don't mind the Barbara bullshit - you just kind of have to deal with that shit in these shows to keep certain crowds connected still. It's pretty cringeworthy, tbh, but I have faith it won't last anywhere past this season.

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
0 chance he turns into Joker, that's moronic.

I loved this last episode, looking forward to more Nygma next week being back in the picture alongside the Arkham angle continuing. I don't mind the Barbara bullshit - you just kind of have to deal with that shit in these shows to keep certain crowds connected still. It's pretty cringeworthy, tbh, but I have faith it won't last anywhere past this season.
I'm pretty sure it will. It's only a matter of time until she reconnects with jim. There always has to be some sort of BS love story. As previously stated, utterly useless.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
My thoughts on the latest episode

Yet another great episode! I loved the simple solution to catching the Electrocutioner, I actually laughed at that, it was brilliant writing. Robin Lord Taylor as Cobblepot better win an Emmy award, his performance is so good it's ridiculous. I'm hoping that Barbara going to her parents for a few days means that are removing her from at least the next few episodes. The ending "There was a big shootout at Fish Mooney's place" really makes me excited to see the next episode and what I predict will be the death of Fish Mooney.

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Finally got to watch this week's episode -- very, very good. I thoroughly enjoyed it, and after seeing the preview for next week's episode I'm excited about it, as well. It looks to be another great episode. I'm enjoying seeing how everything plays out.

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Why is their speculation coming from all over the web that the Oswald Cobblepot in the show is actually the Joker?.. that would be one of the dumbest fucking "twists" ever seen on a TV show IMO.. From what I've heard that is definitely not going to be the case but the fact there is so much talk about it is BEYOONDD ME!
The actor has the look for The Joker. And every time he feels excited, he has the same exact snickers that The Joker does. The very same. I almost thought the same thing as them, except that in most comics/TV shows/films about Batman, they've been together in the same screen at the same time. So, it couldn't be Cobblepot as Joker.

Otherwise, I am loving these plot twists between The Penguin/Cobblepot, and Fish. I am beginning to understand Nygma's motivations of becoming "The Riddler" as the show moves on. In the comics/TV show, they didn't really explore The Riddler's early days, unless you're talking about Batman Forever, where Jim Carrey plays as The Riddler, and Bruce Wayne (to a lower extent) and his boss ridicules Nygma early in the film.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
From what I read the rest of the 1st season will half focus on Nygma and his transition to villainy and half focus on the remainder of the Penguin story and the introduction of Dick Grayson's (Robin's) parents.. there will only be a very slight hint at the Joker, very slight. Season 2 will introduce Scarecrow as one of the main villains and introduction of the Red Hood.

The Red Hood first appeared in Detective Comics [HASHTAG]#168[/HASHTAG], "The Man Behind The Red Hood!" (which was published in February of 1951). In the original continuity, the man later known as the Joker was a master criminal going by the Red Hood alias, claiming to be a lab worker intending to rob $1,000,000 and retire. His costume consisted of a large domed red helmet and a red cape. While attempting to rob a chemical plant, his men were dispatched and then he was suddenly cornered on a catwalk by Batman. Left with no alternatives, he dove into a catch basin for the chemicals and swam to freedom, surviving because of a special breathing apparatus built into the helmet. The toxins in the vat permanently disfigured him, turning his hair green, his skin white and his lips red. His discovery of this change was too much for his already unbalanced mind to bear, and he toppled over the edge into utter insanity. Changing his primary alias to "The Joker" he became Batman's greatest foe and one of Gotham City's biggest threats.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
So we had an early visit from Scarecrow this week in the form of Crane's son.. A very good episode once again. Penguin's plot was uncovered and Maroni found out that he won't be that easy to kill. Barbara and Jim is over, hopefully for good. Personally, I would have no problem with then bending the story and having another woman be Batgirl's mother, the character of Barbara was terrible, they ruined it by adding the whole lesbian storyline. Fish is stuck in the ocean, kind of ironic. What about that ending though?

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Finally watched last week's episode so I'll be ready for this week's new episode. Very intriguing ending. I'm enjoying watching the progression of Nigma and Crane's characters, as well. Overall a very good episode last week, and based on the previews I'm looking forward to tomorrow's episode.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Wow what an episode, I really hope they can continue putting together episodes of this quality.

Was awesome seeing Scarecrow, essentially, being born. The scene with Bruce and Alfred with the sunset was touching and getting to see why Bruce loves Alfred so much is pretty cool. The interactions between Maroni and Falcone and then Penguin and Maroni were brilliant writing, absolutely loved it. The awkwardness between Gordon and his new love while at work was kinda funny. The Penguin/Riddler moment was awesome, they always hated each other in the comics, pretty cool to see where it started. Fish Mooney, kicking ass and taking names, she's going to be a force to be reckoned with when she returns to Gotham, should be interesting.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Another hell of an episode..

From the beginning to the end this episode was nothing but pure enjoyment. Bruce Wayne quickly becoming a man before our very eyes. The introduction of his greatest arch nemesis in what is, in my opinion, one of the best character performances of the season besides the Penguin. So, the Penguin isn't necessarily great with numbers or running a club but that first scene shows you that you should not get on his bad side. Fish Mooney, what a character she has become, a wonderful job by Jada Pinkett thus far, every segment with her was entertaining. The Flying Graysons was introduced and apparently Gordon was responsible for making sure Robin's parents got together in the end... cool. That actor that was playing Jerome (aka The Joker).. I just can't say enough. The purple hat his "father" was wearing, the circus atmosphere, the smile, the laugh, A perfect mixture of Jack and Heath with a little of his own interpretation thrown in. Just wow!

Last edited:

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
It somehow keeps getting better.

I was hoping they'd go with the killing joke interpretation of jokers origin. We'll see where they take it.