Goldberg wants one last match

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

straight_edge76

Reaction score
Honestly, I wouldn't be opposed to a Goldberg one off match. I was a Goldberg fan, I'm not afraid to admit it. I can't say it's the #1 thing I want to see in the near future, but if he is in good enough shape and is given the right opponent (maybe someone like The Miz or Swagger) with a good enough build it could be something fun to watch. You could argue that IF Goldberg was to show up on RAW or even Smackdown he would possibly get one of the biggest pops for someone that isn't named Cena or Orton.

Reaction score
But for Goldberg to come back in a 1 shot deal (which just sounds silly in the world of professional wrestling) it would have to be in a losing effort otherwise it just isn't beneficial to the company whether it be WWE or TNA. And of course pro-wrestling hinges on good guys eventually going over so if Goldberg were to come back and lose then whats the point of that really as fans of the fan favorite would want another match for revenge sake. So maybe the best case scenario is a heel Goldberg getting squashed by a face Orton to make it a true 1 shot deal.

Truly I don't see him coming back for just one match. Silly!

Reaction score
Bringing back Bret Hart was a fail. Goldberg will be a fail as well.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
But you also must take into consideration that Goldber is in nowhere nearly as bad of shape as Bret. I haven't seen Goldberg too recently, but I would imagine that he is still in pretty decent shape. Bret was just a fucking wreck.

OrtonMark54

Reaction score
The only "retired" wrestler who should be allowed to have one last match is The Rock. Even then it should only happen if he puts over Orton or Cena in the main event of wrestlemania.

Goldberg already had his one last match moment that will live on forever as a classic moment. Nothing will top getting booed out of the building going against who very well could turn out to be the most famous MMA fighter in history.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
I was a Goldberg fan, when I was 13.

If he has one more match, it won't be in a WWE ring. TNA would fuck it up somehow.

Reaction score
People thought for sure Hogan would have wrestled at WrestleMania XX but the show still moved along just fine without him. WrestleMania 27, in Georgia, will do the same thing without Goldberg.

Mister J

Reaction score
Goldberg's first match was more than enough.