Goldberg wants one last match

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
In an interview with the San Diego Union-Tribune, former wrestling champion Bill Goldberg said he wants one final wrestling match because he wants his family to see him wrestle live.
“If the money was right, I’d go out there and do it in two seconds,†Goldberg said. “I’d have to be totally prepared for it, because I wouldn’t want to tarnish my image, but I’d like to be in the ring one more time so that my wife and my son can see me wrestle live.â€
He also discussed his love/hate relationship with the wrestling industry in the interview.
“I don’t ever want to say that I miss anything about the wrestling business,†Goldberg said. “I miss the ability to put a smile on a kid’s face, more than one at a time. That was a true charge for me.â€
Goldberg also talks about his latest television project, Garage Mahal. The interview can be read here.
SOURCE: LOP

Reaction score
NO%20at%20Heathrow.jpg

TheAnswer

Reaction score
Brock Lesnar vs Bill Goldberg..... THE MOST ANTICIPATED REMATCH OF ALL TIME!!!!!

No but seriously I wouldn't mind him having one last match against someone like Taker or Randy Orton

Reaction score
Him wanting one last match (and knowing him, he'll expect it to be a main event at Mania in Atlanta this coming March) is anything but "acceptable". It's selfish, and it's coming from somebody that doesn't respect the business, bottom line. He's not a draw, and he flopped like a beached shark his last run in the WWE. NOBODY out there (okay, maybe a few) wants this. Seriously, Goldberg, get over yourself. I'd be okay if it were a one off match against a jobber at New Year's Revolution or one of the "lesser" PPV's but NOT Mania.

Kizza

Reaction score
Goldberg vs fuck off.

Fuck off wins.

Reaction score
Goldberg? The guy is still alive?

Seriously, who cares about Goldberg?

noumenon

Reaction score
Yeah... why should a wrestling company want to capitalize on one of the most marketable stars of all time one last time in an era where the industry is struggling to get so much as a pop out of most superstars.
ANYONE who lost to Goldberg in the current roster would have absolutely no shame in it. The guys has beaten fucking EVERYONE... how would someone losing to him tarnish their image in any way. I say go for it as long as it's used as more of a side story for whatever PPV and isn't used as the company's main focus.

Kizza

Reaction score
He's simply irrelevant. That's why he shouldn't.

Reaction score
Yeah... why should a wrestling company want to capitalize on one of the most marketable stars of all time one last time in an era where the industry is struggling to get so much as a pop out of most superstars.
ANYONE who lost to Goldberg in the current roster would have absolutely no shame in it. The guys has beaten fucking EVERYONE... how would someone losing to him tarnish their image in any way. I say go for it as long as it's used as more of a side story for whatever PPV and isn't used as the company's main focus.
He's coming out of retirement having not wrestled for a number of years, you expect us to believe that he should go over anybody?

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Who said it was strictly WWE? TNA could very well be in the mix >_>!!!

Reaction score
Who said it was strictly WWE? TNA could very well be in the mix >_>!!!

Not sure if you're taking the piss, but in all seriousness, we know Goldberg and how he operates.

He'd expect to come in at Mania in Atlanta next year, co-main event match and he would expect to go over a big name and make a huge 7-figure check while he's at it. Knowing how stupid the WWE is, they'd likely feed him CM Punk or someone who's relevant, which Goldberg hasn't been in 10 years.

KenFan4life

Reaction score
He's simply irrelevant. That's why he shouldn't.

sad thing is that him being irrelevant is the fact that he's probably still has more recognition than everyone on the current roster...

maybe the nike group/stable should show up randomly at some ufc ppvs so they can get some bump in their popularity.

Reaction score
Brock Lesnar vs Bill Goldberg..... THE MOST ANTICIPATED REMATCH OF ALL TIME!!!!!

No but seriously I wouldn't mind him having one last match against someone like Taker or Randy Orton

I always took great pleasure in the fact that Goldberg never wrestled Taker in 2003/2004 because I just didn't want to see Goldberg do anything at all with WWE's ultimate staple. If he were to wrestle AND defeat Orton I would be absolutely heart broken. I don't think there is any winning with Goldberg in a WWE ring for me as a fan.