Goldberg talks issues with Vince McMahon, Sting's retirement

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
mtkwotczndyxmzk1nde2nzmx.webp

Goldberg called Vince McMahon a "piece of s**t" during a recent interview.

He appeared live on the Steve & Captain Evil podcast during their annual benefit for Helicopters for Heroes on Monday. During the show, Goldberg was asked by a member of the audience about his relationship with Vince McMahon.

Goldberg responded:

Vince is like Dana White. He's the big boss and he makes everything happen but in all honesty he gave me the opportunity to put my wife and my son in the front row and gave me the ability to perform again in front of them. So I owe him everything, until we went to Saudi Arabia and he asked me to put Roman Reigns over and I had COVID.
I remember calling him from my house here and I said, 'Listen here's the deal, I'll do it if you give me a retirement match.'

Goldberg continued:

So I put myself in a horribly shitty situation to get what I wanted to but to satiate him and to give him what he wants. The problem is, he never held up his part so Vince is a piece of shit as far as I'm concerned.

He also spoke about his relationship with Sting during the interview and revealed that he tried to be part of Sting's upcoming retirement match at AEW Revolution.

Goldberg said:

Sting is the reason why I broke into the business. Sting set a great example. He's about to retire in February and I tried to be a part of his retirement match, you know, but..
I wouldn't have chosen to get into the world of professional wrestling if it wasn't for Sting. Don''t take offense to this, he was a normal dude who went out and did abnormal things. Wrestling is like being in the circus, I mean it truly is. I never looked at it with much respect but after I watched him from afar, I realized that I had the ability to go do it because he was not only a performer but he had self-respect and he commanded respect. It's really hard to describe him.
Steve Borden, Sting, is one of the best human beings on the planet and he set an example for me and I just tried to grab the torch and run with it and make him proud.

Earlier this year, Goldberg teased self-promoting a retirement match in Israel, with Sting once being linked to the rumored show as well. Goldberg told 93.7 in April that with McMahon not delivering on his promise, he wants to end his career on his terms.

Vince McMahon and I had a handshake understanding that after the Roman Reigns match, I would have a proper retirement match and that hasn't come to fruition through them and so therefore, nobody puts a stamp on my career, nobody tells me when I'm done, period, end of story. And when somebody tells me that, I kind of like to fight against it. I like to do things my own way and I go out my own way and I certainly don't go out under Roman Reigns three weeks after I have COVID and agreed to a match.

Reactions: Sky

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
I don’t remember the COVID part(not saying I don’t believe him) but everything else in that story is in my mind. He’s got a right to be frustrated

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I don’t remember the COVID part(not saying I don’t believe him) but everything else in that story is in my mind. He’s got a right to be frustrated

I don't think he has COVID during the match or anything, that's be next level scumbaggery, but he was sick when Vince approached him about it relatively last minute and couldn't really attempt to get in shape

Reactions: Cwalker

Butters

That's Me!
Reaction score
I think he meant when vince asked him he had covid. I don't think Roman would have faced goldberg knowing he had it consider he backed out of a mania match just to protect his family and himself from it.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
He means the match he beat the Fiend too btw if you guys don't remember. He was then supposed to put over Roman at Mania a month later but then COVID shut everything down, Goldberg had just been sick when the Fiend plans were thrown together last minute

Reactions: Cwalker and Butters

Deadd2009

Horror Movie Guru
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
zEZtX3o
Okay, if he had COVID when he had the match with the Fiend, he had every right to say no. But if any of that is even remotely true, then he's just as much a piece of shit as Vince is, because then he could have gotten a good chunk of the roster sick.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Ah I was a year off actually, it was Elimination Chamber 2021 where he had COVID prior (this word will probably be ignored) and didn't have time to train or anything before going of for a Roman match

The fiend match in 2020 was a lot of rumors that Goldberg used creative control to get the finish changed but he later said he flew over there thinking he was losing to Bray but it got changed when they were already in Saudi

Last edited:
Reactions: Bobby Barrows

Butters

That's Me!
Reaction score
I was waiting for the rumors that Goldberg gave Bray covid which ultimately led to his unfortunate death.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Okay, if he had COVID when he had the match with the Fiend, he had every right to say no. But if any of that is even remotely true, then he's just as much a piece of shit as Vince is, because then he could have gotten a good chunk of the roster sick.

No one wrestled with COVID, that would be absurd

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Man Vince really sucks lmfao

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I was waiting for the rumors that Goldberg gave Bray covid which ultimately led to his unfortunate death.

The Twitter narrative seems to be Vince is the devil for letting Goldberg wrestle Roman when Goldberg was sick. Dummies actually make people defend Vince with this nonsense

Deadd2009

Horror Movie Guru
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
zEZtX3o
He still could have said no to that match.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
He still could have said no to that match.

....that's what Goldberg is saying too????? He said he'd do it if Vince promised him a retirement match, Vince did. Goldberg did the match, Goldberg did not get a retirement match. So yes he should have said no instead of trying to get in shape while sick