Give us feedback: Live Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
So it was something that came to our attention last night and that was during RAW there were very few people posting in the Live Discussion Thread and more surprisingly it was pretty much just staff members posting as opposed to the usual blend of members, VIP's and Staff.

We would like to see as many different members as possible participate in this thread and any other Live threads for that matter whether it be RAW, PPV's, MMA or other sports because the more people we have posting, the more opinions and views we'll get which will in take lead to more varied discussions.

So with that being said, we'd like to hear from as many people as possible on this matter who watch RAW on a weekly basis. Is there a particular reason why you don't participate in the live threads (Timezones, different show on etc) and is there anything we can do as staff to get you to participate in future threads?

Be as honest as possible and try to keep it constructive, no action will be taken against members with negative feedback providing it's constructive and not just out to troll or cause an argument. If anyone would prefer to stay anonymous but still want to add their thoughts, feel free to PM me them and i'll add them without a name attached.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Really, the only reason I don't participate in the Raw Discussion thread is because I am an hour behind here in Canada for it. I'd rather not read spoilers, and my internet isn't very good for streaming any kind of video in my room(don't ask why, it's just Blue I think). Do we even have a Smackdown Live Discussion thread? I don't think I've ever actually seen one, and maybe one for TNA? Those two shows I can watch without being worried of being behind. I don't really watch PPV's. That's really the only reason for me.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Really, the only reason I don't participate in the Raw Discussion thread is because I am an hour behind here in Canada for it. I'd rather not read spoilers, and my internet isn't very good for streaming any kind of video in my room(don't ask why, it's just Blue I think). Do we even have a Smackdown Live Discussion thread? I don't think I've ever actually seen one, and maybe one for TNA? Those two shows I can watch without being worried of being behind. I don't really watch PPV's. That's really the only reason for me.

No Smackdown unless it's a live one because it's a taped show. We always do a TNA one though, just didn't last week because of the poor turnout. I'm willing to give it another try this week though.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
I've had job appointments during impact lately and I work on Tuesdays which is RAW for me

however those who watch due to time zone can always do a detailed report. It's what I did during ROH

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
I usually can't be bothered posting now, plus I and some others usually get called out or made fun of for some posts 75% of the time so what's the point in trying.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Shouldn't give up just because others disagree with you.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Time Zones is the number 1 for me. I get Raw after it already ends for all of you guys. I usually try to post my thoughts in there afterwards, but if I have nothing really important to say, I don't post anything.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Its not disagreements, its more than that. You get laughed on about your posts, no debates/arguments. I didn't give up. It's just you miss a fair bit of raw switching in between as well and I can't be bothered anymore.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Its not disagreements, its more than that. You get laughed on about your posts, no debates/arguments. I didn't give up. It's just you miss a fair bit of raw switching in between as well and I can't be bothered anymore.

Ever thought of not caring? Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. And honestly, if moderated correctly(don't mean actual staff), those disagreements could lead to some great discussion. Hell, Chris and I were the only ones really posting in the wrestling section on ITR(no joke, he can vouch) and we rarely agreed on anything. Granted, it was the least active part of the forum, but it would sometimes lead to someone jumping in and giving their input. Nothing wrong with having a different opinion.

Killz

Reaction score
For me, personally, I see no problem with what goes on in the threads right now. The reason I don't participate is because I have a 9am start at uni on a Monday and then Raw starts at 1am for me so whilst I do actually usually force myself to stay awake to watch it I'm pretty much dead to the world and have no energy left! Unfortunately unless WS wants to ship me a crate of Monster every Monday there's not a lot you guys can do to get me to participate haha it's nothing on your end though from my perspective, just timezones ish.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
For me... I really have to be in the mood and lately... I just don't feel to be much in the mood either to watch Raw or if I am to really participate in the raw live thread. I mean no offense but it just doesn't seem as fun. There is a crew on facebook and we comment on Raw and its the funniest thing but here... its almost like things are taken too seriously in the Raw threads so jokes either get missed, dismissed, or I dunno. It just doesn't seem to be that entertaining and so to me that takes away from participation because Raw can be extremely stale and boring. But when the conversation about Raw is either on par or even just barely slightly above the level of boredom or staleness... it doesn't help.

But how to rectify that? I dunno. I mean even when I was a VIP member the shout box seemed more alive and fun to participate in than the Raw thread. But that's just my take on it.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
bump_sign_W8-1_large.jpg

Thought I'd bump this to allow more members to see that we'd like the feedback.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
For me its just timezones. Presuming this board is American based, I'm on the other side of the planet so wrestling events generally take place for me around late morning-midday. Even then I'm lost when it comes to streaming and all that babble.

Otherwise, I've always found the current thread format works fine, and should be better now that the site supposedly loads quicker.

rawisrey

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
The only reason I rarely (and by rarely I mean I think I participated twice) in the live discussion threads is because it seems more hectic, I used to get on msn with a bunch of people from the forums and we'd talk about the show and because it was instant it seemed more fluid and like a conversation. When I'm posting in the forum I don't like leaving it short so I tend to write about my thoughts for a bit before posting in the discussion, because of that I feel like I'm late to respond to things. And honestly because of the format it sometimes feels like your ignored, not by fault of the people involved more so just my pov. So that tends to take my interest away from being in the discussion thread, at the end of the day I might of just gotten used to the chat style of watching the show that the thread is just too different to me. That said I haven't been apart of a discussion during the show for a while tbh so I might be popping back up for the next raw or so to give it another try, i never miss Monday night raw anyways and seeing as it was short some people I wouldn't mind taking part.

I really have no suggestion however, as the only reason I don't get on is more of a personal preference.

Reactions: 1 person

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Other shows can be playing a part in it. I know I was watching the replays of Boardwalk Empire on Monday nights while Hell on Wheels was on Sunday during the original airing(with Walking Dead at 9 & 10 I can watch Boardwalk on Sundays again), theres also Monday Night Football, How I Met Your Mother, 2 Broke Girls, Revolution, and countless others that have been gaining ratings every year.

I would also put PPV buy rates being down due to chanels like AMC, HBO, etc. that put on theatre quality programming every Sunday.

But, much like RRS being in Canada really takes you out of a live thread when the live event starts an hour before you can watch it, the main issue with activity could be from the 3 hour events too, I noticed on other sites when the rare 3 hour event would happen that fewer people would discuss it live.

Status
Not open for further replies.