Give us feedback: Live Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Undertaker...you deserve an award. I agree with everything you have said. A lot of whats been going on lately has discouraged me from posting. And I also see people, including moderators, picking on other people in the shoutbox. Like just yesterday or the day before there were a group of people who were hating on Andrew, who is an excellent poster, and Dexter Morgan (Hatred) that it was just wrong. Most of the them were mods and admins.

And bringing things up to mods or admins does nothing unless it's Troy, because in my experiences, Troy is the only one who will actually listen, and work to solve your problem.
Pretty sure me, Ben and others have listened and worked to solve problems. Think it should be noted that Dale posted this thread to get feedback on how to help the discussion thread and Prime was the one who originally brought it up wanting more people to participate. So Troy is very helpful no doubt but he isn't the only one.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
To the Andrew bit I'll say that I've poked fun at him more than once. It's his reputation now. But I've also told him on more than one occasion that I'm impressed with how he handles himself he realizes its just us ribbing him. This is another example of a dynamic between members with other members that is taken out of context by those that don't post that often or socialize with members in the shoutbox.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I definitely have to agree that staff members discussing disciplinary stuff/infractions outside the staff section is highly inappropriate. I haven't noticed anyone doing that personally, but if that's going on it needs to stop. The same rules that apply for flaming on the forum should probably also apply for the chatbox. I know most of the time people aren't being serious anyways, but it's easy to take things out of context when you only see half the conversation and the conversation is public.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I definitely have to agree that staff members discussing disciplinary stuff/infractions outside the staff section is highly inappropriate. I haven't noticed anyone doing that personally, but if that's going on it needs to stop. The same rules that apply for flaming on the forum should probably also apply for the chatbox. I know most of the time people aren't being serious anyways, but it's easy to take things out of context when you only see half the conversation and the conversation is public.

Discussing staff things outside the staff room does need to stop for sure. But about the shoutbox thing, if it doesn't involve you whatsoever, and you only see half the conversation, why should you care? If the people involved know they're just joking and such, I don't see a problem.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Though I tend to do nothing to help I did start a thread in the shoutbox before anyone actually posted anything about it that staff should have it's own ability to shout with each other. Sometimes we're not quite certain if something pushes the boundries should it be infracted, a warning, a pm, or just flat out ignored due to over sensitivity on the subject.

Yup I started that thread about 5:30

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Discussing staff things outside the staff room does need to stop for sure. But about the shoutbox thing, if it doesn't involve you whatsoever, and you only see half the conversation, why should you care? If the people involved know they're just joking and such, I don't see a problem.

Because it can create a hostile environment.

Believe me, I'm on your side with that issue, but when people start getting repulsed by it, then it should probably chill a little. It's actually not even a big deal and like you said, if the person being teased is okay with it, it's not an issue at all. But we do need to make people feel welcome here and when staff members are talking trash about other members publicly it's hard to do that.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I don't know about you guys, but I come from a country where I have freedom of speech. I'll say what I please, and if it pisses people off, that's their problem not mine. No point in killing yourself over something so small as words.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
tits, pussy, penis... okay... who got offended?
blueberry, idiot, stupid... anybody offended yet?

They are words. People need to grow up. This is an internet forum. It consists of people from all over the world. People need to stop being so sensitive about every little thing and nit picking. So what if someone says the word blueberry here and there. So what if someone is talking to someone and says "Man you stupid." It happens in every stage of life. It happens everywhere. It happens on the streets, it happens at work... but oh no not on a message board that you signed up ... FOR FREE to. Its crazy how people try to get all worked up over the simplest of things.

Is everything going to be to your liking? No. Does that mean you have to throw a hissy fit over it? Umm no. Look past it and move on. If you disagree... voice it. Voice your disagreement and discuss it. debate it. We are grown up enough here to not hold a grudge and not punch the monitor or kill ourselves over some words or anything like that here. I mean really... this is getting ridiculous. Its like... lets censor what we don't like or if it makes us the least bit uncomfortable or if someone happens to get offended. Every single word would be censored and everyone will face an infraction because... there is ALWAYS something that will offend SOMEBODY! You can't please everybody.

But the way the board has been going... it is the most civil one I've been on and I've been on message boards for over a decade. Why try to change things up and "fix" things when it isn't broken? Yeah maybe somethings here and there can be fine tuned but overall... this is a very good place... very nice place and very well managed. Admins and mods should be able to participate in things as well as regular members. Just... loosen up.

PENIS!

Reactions: 1 person

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Just to clarify a couple of things, one normal rules apply in the shoutbox so VIP members need to make note of that.

With regards to changing things there have just been some things that I have seen that I don't like and that I want to change. I agree that this board is one of the most civil out there but things need to be put in place to make sure it stays that way.

I have no issue with people disagreeing, that is what a forum is all about, but the childish personal insults are what I don't like and that is the crap I want to rid the board of. People need to actually discuss things like two grown ups rather than five year olds and so anyone that resorts to petty attacks will be punished.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler