GFX League Trial Card: The_King vs. John McHenry

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
I was a bit sad John, after your Jericho sig I was expecting you to keep it on that level.

I'm rusty myself as well but it looked like you didn't put any effort in, sorry if I am being a little harsh.

Andy

Reaction score
Please keep any and all flaming out of this topic. If you have a bad taste in your mouth about a certain persons comments, take it elsewhere and talk to them about it. Do not let it make you less motivated to be a part of this. We need every one of you and you are all valuable to me. :)

Ryan

Reaction score
I'm not going to insult John by voting because this match isn't seeded in the least. Not Andy's fault, not King's fault, just a misunderstanding here. John, I would suggest that you look up some Photoshop tutorials because there's just so much out there, you can really start learning quickly if you wanted to. One thing I always advise people who are unfamiliar with Photoshop NOT to do though is use pictures of wrestlers that have already been cut out. If you look at King's banners, and this one is a good example, it's well blended with a background that really matches the pictures. Usually when you're making wrestling banners, it's easy to find pictures of wrestlers that already have backgrounds, so always try to work with the backgrounds the pictures already have. Also, research how to use brushes and textures as well as how to apply simply borders. And when in doubt, black or white text always works. If you look at the banner you made, the text is red on a blue background. That causes the text to appear as if it's vibrating. It's not pleasant for the eyes, so if you make a dark banner, use white text and if you make a light banner use black text. If you look at any of the banners I've made, I often follow this advice myself. Also, generally speaking the 4 corners of the banners are the places you can put text without it looking out of place. A lot of graphics makers also put text in the middle, but I'm not a fan of that. Anyway, I'm no pro, so I was just giving a few hopefully helpful hints. Look up Photoshop tutorials though. I learned pretty much everything I know through trial and error and tutorials.

Reactions: 1 person

Chriss

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
McHenrys sig is not able to see so The King gets my vote.

The color sheme is perfect, textures and the text fit perfectly for me. Good job, keep it up.

Gotcha b*tch

Reaction score
I vote for John's, I like the colors and the general design of the thing.

Steve9

Reaction score
My vote goes to King. I have no complaints for it.